• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Next Release of the 126619LB Blue Bezel Submariner

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Aw man, that's crazy talk ;)

De gustibus...

Besides the subjective opinion on beauty, I do find it an extremely useful feature that I happen to use almost on a daily basis.

If the VSF cyclops wasn't so flawed the talk might be crazy. I'm all for a cyclops if it doesn't look garbled or lie to me. A watch of this calibre shouldn't have this flaw.

ZsorQI.jpg

Zsou23.jpg

Last edited:

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
If the VSF cyclops wasn't so flawed the talk might be crazy. I'm all for a cyclops if it doesn't look garbled or lie to me. A watch of this calibre shouldn't have this flaw.

ZsorQI.jpg

Zsou23.jpg

1st batch of vsf 126610 ln / ln didn’t have that distortion.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Does someone

Do you maybe know if VSF makes the whole Saphire out of ONE piece?
Since 2021 Rolex Gen is not glued together zyclope and main saphire, but they make it out of 1 piece.

repreg123

7/8/19

That looks terrible. Where is that picture from? Do you know if it is a general flaw or an exception?

ZMCoupe

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/3/21
Wow that’s nice. VSF is killing me. I have the Hulk and I love the look of it but I feel like the green is a bit too much for me, and I don’t live the new LV Cermit.

This looks like the perfect compromise. Nice pop
of colour and subtle classy undertones.

Going to watch for these to start shipping.

HG 2000

Supporter
22/7/20
If you own a few reps and switch them up regularly then it's less hassle having no date.

This is the exact reason for me.

Pure laziness, I know.

I love the 126619 though. The polished center link just aggravates me for some reason.

Reactions: RonP

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That looks terrible. Where is that picture from? Do you know if it is a general flaw or an exception?

The gold Sub is a QC pic from the new gold VSF thread. The 126610 LV is mine, that pic was taken moments before posting. I've seen that flaw in every VSF cyclops I've ever seen a pic of that is at an angle where some of the date font can be seen through some of the cyclops edge.

I'm not an optics expert, just an average Joe with a pretty good eye but I would say it has something to do with the combination height or thickness or material composition of the cyclops edges that causes distortion from both reflection and refraction.

I have installed a few dozen Clark's crystals with AR cyclops and like them a lot. They are $34 and you can't make them display any distortion at all no matter what angle you view a date font through them. I would have already swapped mine out but they don't have the slightly larger 126610 crystals yet.

Even straight on shots, with the least bit of tilt you get fat bottom numbers. I guess some people go for fat bottoms, haha.

ZTjY11.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: repreg123

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Even straight on shots, with the least bit of tilt you get fat bottom numbers. I guess some people go for fat bottoms, haha.
Dammit, you're not supposed to set up the gag and then tell it yourself!

Anyway, I always expect to spend at least an extra $200 putting right all the irritating things on a rep. If I can get away with only $34 for a Clark's crystal, then it's win-win IMO.

(I'm saying this because I paid for a VSF 126610 LV last night, having no idea that there were any issues with it. So I'm just trying to make myself feel better.)

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Does someone

Do you maybe know if VSF makes the whole Saphire out of ONE piece?
Since 2021 Rolex Gen is not glued together zyclope and main saphire, but they make it out of 1 piece.

No idea bro. I've not seen this type of flaw to this degree on any gens though.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I Say It again, cyclope bug reported from KJ2020 Is invisible in Real Life, buy VSF without any mind matter

Inviato dal mio Mi 9 SE utilizzando Tapatalk

We all see (or don't see) what we choose to bro. YMMV

It's highly visible in pics, as I've shown. A very large part of enjoying reps for me and I'm sure for others too is sharing pics of them. I wouldn't dare share a pic of a watch with this flaw visible except to point it out as a flaw. So it's very visible to me in real life.

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Looks pretty good to me - even has the white gold hallmark on one of the lugs!