• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New Release of Submariner 116618LN and 116618LB

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Hey, I think I’m being a bit harsh on it. It has got a lot right about it - it’s VSF and is of quality you’d expect. It’s a great build. It has a very smooth crown and tube and a very smooth wind. Bezel is good and the rehaut is nice and crisp better than the SS subs(?). Dial is amazing and the hands are great in yellow. It pops.
Just a shame about the colour not quite being there.

Maybe the blue colour gives the LB a little lift the LN doesn’t get from the black.

architekt

27/1/19
Austria
It's so unfortunate that they can't seem to get the plating right even from the factory. same thing as with the two tone subs and datejusts their plating is just not up to standard. I mean everybody knows you gotta take a bit of care on the plating but is it too much to ask to at least have it properly plated without missing spots from the factory?

Reactions: lytnin

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I have sized it and cleaned it with dish soap and warm water and I’m pleased to report that it has improved. The streaks and blemishes are away. I have also just remembered/noticed again how much your clothing colour can affect the appearance of gold on a watch, with a white or light top on the watch lights up, with a dark pullover on the watch is dark.
Here she is after a size, clean and with a with white napkin on my chest held out of view of the camera.. !

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
yes the color seems better now. links are still not fully plated tho like it wasn't some kind of dirt right?

No, the links are still poorly plated as before. Im more pleased with it now, it has brightened up abit after a clean and I'll mind to wear this with a white T shirt to get the best colour from it.

BOSSK

Renowned Member
22/3/17
Oz
Sadly every full gold rep screams.fake (to me). This VSF looks ok, but still not near enough.

Thanks for sharing StreetFighter, it looks nicely build but the look of real gold is just too hard to copy. Gold is gold I guess.

MrBrock

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/6/07
I wish they could increase the weight in some way.

Gen's weigh about 220 grams, reps about 150 gms..... Big difference.

Yachtmaster_Chris

Known Member
31/3/18
Hawaii, USA
There are bigger things to worry about than weight if they can't get the color right. The color being off is noticeable from a distance. Literally nobody would ever know how heavy your watch is unless you handed it to them (why??) and/or allowed them to place it on a scale or something. Seems like a preposterous scenario. Unless you're into that sort of thing. I would not even let people hold my gen unless they were really close friends or family. And at that point, I would never tell those people a replica gold watch is real gold. Lying to friends and family is never good.

TLDR: Gold tone > Weight

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
I wish they could increase the weight in some way.

Gen's weigh about 220 grams, reps about 150 gms..... Big difference.

Big difference that makes no difference, unless what’s already been stated that you hand the watch over to people, try and pass it as gen or have a full gold gen already and don’t like the weight difference. SS sub will be slightly off compared to gen but bet you don’t have any issues wearing that so don’t really see the problem.

CJS57

7/9/20
Gold plating can be done that looks right. Here is my gold plated gen Rolex 1550 with plated bracelet. Real gold has a much paler color overall than the reps. The lighting in pictures makes a big difference.
ZvNroE.jpg
ZvN8D2.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Oh dear god no! Sorry Streetfighter, but to my eyes that's a horror show. Unless it's just the colour balance in the pictures, it looks like it's got a fake, nuclear glow to it. I wonder if there's any merit in having it totally replated? There's a guy on RWG, BadBilly, who made his own plating contraption and plates virtually any Rep/object he gets his hands on and they all seem to come out really well. Worth reaching out perhaps?

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
It is very well made, just not sure they nailed the yellow color

You can see the color from this gen two tone:

The vsf is not there, vsf’s gold looks a bit too “green” if you could say that, while the genuine one is more towards the “yellow” in the light spectrum.

ZvfTcP.jpg

ZvfPwJ.jpg

ZvfdmW.jpg

Reactions: Giellea

architekt

27/1/19
Austria
You can see the color from this gen two tone:

The vsf is not there, vsf’s gold looks a bit too “green” if you could say that, while the genuine one is more towards the “yellow” in the light spectrum.

Damn thats a beauty

Just realized how good the gold color on my ARF 116713 is compared to this. Why can't VSF just be good in this aspect lol. Like if they would just do a proper plating (also on the Sidelinks and hard to get areas) with a correct colortone I'd say loads of people would pay a shitton for it.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sadly every full gold rep screams.fake (to me). This VSF looks ok, but still not near enough.

Thanks for sharing StreetFighter, it looks nicely build but the look of real gold is just too hard to copy. Gold is gold I guess.

Haha, this one might whisper fake bro but I don't think it screams. BP plated but hanging tough after a couple years. I take good care of it, wipe it down, never get it wet or dirty, store it with dessicant, protective film on bracelet etc.

15814868566520.jpg