• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF New Release of Submariner 116618LN and 116618LB

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Why big Rep factories wouldnt try using Tungsten in replacement of steel for gold rep watches? Tungsten has very similar weight and density with gold and they are pretty cheap material and relatively easy to work with. Just some point to ponder...

Pure tungsten is not cheap. The less pure, cheaper form of it cannot be machined cold and it is very prone to shattering. Tungsten carbide is expensive and difficult to machine.

dc2_bb6_cu2

Renowned Member
18/6/17
More important than weight... anyone know how the shade of gold compares to gen?

I have a 126618LB on order at AD, wonder if this would be a good “trial run” to see if full YG watch is for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
More important than weight... anyone know how the shade of gold compares to gen?

I have a 126618LB on order at AD, wonder if this would be a good “trial run” to see if full YG watch is for me.

It should be close enough to make that assessment and an easy flip when you're done with it. Dial color accuracy is also a question mark with the LB.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

The replica colour matches more 10k to 14k colour.

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

architekt

27/1/19
Austria
Did anyone already receive QC images with better lightning?

From the current images I can't really say if they hit the correct gold-tone. Seems too light but it just might be really overexposed

Usernametaken

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/5/18
I kinda feel that the gold color could be manipulated easily with lighting.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Facepalms at the ready..

Can't believe this mega cock up...! This is the case back from the new VSF116618LX (pic from PT). I don't know what to say

:idontno:

Reactions: Yogibear

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Facepalms at the ready..

Can't believe this mega cock up...! This is the case back from the new VSF116618LX (pic from PT). I don't know what to say

I wish Rolex made a full gold 16600 that would be so sweet.

Maybe Rolex in Switzerladn will release it in April.

Last edited:

Shany

24/6/19
I wonder why Many reps have the 16600 casebacks some of BPs have them too

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Honestly, why would you care about that???

I don't, but I do but I don't really but then again I'm not sure, but man it's a cock up worth pointing out, or maybe you would rather not know. Given the choice, I think I'd rather have correct spelling and correct numbers though, you may be different.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Facepalms at the ready..

I mean does it really matter when the colour is the instant tell? Don't try and claim a plated rep as genuine. Wear it for fun.

architekt

27/1/19
Austria
I mean does it really matter when the colour is the instant tell? Don't try and claim a plated rep as genuine. Wear it for fun.

The caseback is a pretty stupid mistake but to be fair I don't really give a shit about the engravings inside.

Regarding the gold color:
Jtime posted the watch to his website today with (at least in my opinion) way better pictures.

Still not sure if they've hit the right colortone but at least on these it seems pretty good to me:

Let's hope we'll get some real life pictures soon when the first watches arrive

Reactions: mpx

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The caseback is a pretty stupid mistake but to be fair I don't really give a shit about the engravings inside.

Jtime posted the watch to his website today with (at least in my opinion) way better pictures.

Still not sure if they've hit the right colortone but at least on these it seems pretty good to me:
ZsGgkP.png

ZsSjaS.png

Insert looks very nice, wonder if Clean is doing gold now.

The caseback stamps on reps are wrong quite often. 16600 is a regularly misused number. I don't even bother to look at those anymore.

Last edited:

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

Hmmmm curious about some QC pics