• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does the VSF 116610 LN really deserve all this hype? Let's try to answer that.

Jimmyrich1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/19
UK
As opposed to? Just curious.

Any other watches I have bought or read copious posts about. It seems the quality is very up and down. Of course all factory reps will vary in quality but out of all the watches i've bought VSF lately have varied quite wildly in quality control. Hopefully they fix this soon!

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Any other watches I have bought or read copious posts about. It seems the quality is very up and down. Of course all factory reps will vary in quality but out of all the watches i've bought VSF lately have varied quite wildly in quality control. Hopefully they fix this soon!

B. S.

arpa90

2/11/18
Agree with the bracelet comments, received a VSF116610LN yesterday, bracelet just doesn't feel solid, my ARF V2 bracelet is in a different league.
Ive received a new arf bracelet a few days. Comparing it to my vsf one when i got it i have to agree that the arf one is a tiny bit better. However back in December when i got my vsf hulk i cleaned and lubricated the bracelet. And now after wearing the watch for the past 4 month there is a night and day difference between the arf and vsf bracelets. The vsf feels much better.

I will be giving the arf bracelet the same treatment.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
To date both noob v12, zzf (cf v4) and vsf are at the same level.
Each of them has advantages and disadvantages compared to their competitors.

Struggling to identify what advantage the Noob has, and ZZF's deceit has consigned them to purgatory.

Neither are at the same level as VSF (or CF for that matter) - let's stop perpetuating this nonsense right now.

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Struggling to identify what advantage the Noob has, and ZZF's deceit has consigned them to purgatory.

Neither are at the same level as VSF (or CF for that matter) - let's stop perpetuating this nonsense right now.

Yes, in this respect I agree with you.

Jimmyrich1

13/8/19
UK

You think what i'm saying is bullshit ? Why is it bullshit?
This is the experience I have had. Fact. As i said initially, maybe its just bad luck but I can only go on my own experience!

Last edited:

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
You think what i'm saying is bullshit ? Why is it bullshit?
This is the experience I have had. Fact. As i said initially, maybe its just bad luck but I can only go on my own experience!

You claimed objectively that VSF shows "lack of consistency". Unless you can statistically prove they're worse than any other rep factory, I stick to my statement. I've seen all the crap you could imagine from any factory out there and one thing to remember on any forum is the usual perception bias due to over-emphasis on negative experiences or sometimes plain entitlement.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

5teve

20/4/15
Ive received a new arf bracelet a few days. Comparing it to my vsf one when i got it i have to agree that the arf one is a tiny bit better. However back in December when i got my vsf hulk i cleaned and lubricated the bracelet. And now after wearing the watch for the past 4 month there is a night and day difference between the arf and vsf bracelets. The vsf feels much better.

I will be giving the arf bracelet the same treatment.

Well please share your treatment.

Jimmyrich1

13/8/19
UK
You claimed objectively that VSF shows "lack of consistency". Unless you can statistically prove they're worse than any other rep factory, I stick to my statement. I've seen all the crap you could imagine from any factory out there

I see your point and it's a fair comment, I suppose I could have gotten lucky with my first VSF and all my other watches and very unlucky with the last horrible watch I got from VSF. I suppose it's all to easy to put that with other peoples negative experiences or examples of inconsistency and come to a wrong conclusion. It's just so disappointing to get such a badly made watch. However you're right, I really have no idea if they're more inconstant than anyone else generally speaking, I can only go on my individual experience. I still think if you can get a good VSF that they are fantastic! i'm just butt hurt about my last purchase lol

arpa90

2/11/18
Well please share your treatment.
Ultra sonic cleaning to remove all the dirt and debris that might still be in/on the bracelet. For lubrication im using super fine graphite powder mixed with isopropyl alcohol (i think its called rubbing alcohol in the us). The graphite powder is a dry lubricant and the alcohol is used as a medium so the graphite can get into all the links better. The benefit of this particular alcohol is that it quickly evaporates without leaving any residue.

Dry lubricants have the advantage that they do not attract any dirt like various baby oils that people often recommend on here.

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Ultra sonic cleaning to remove all the dirt and debris that might still be in/on the bracelet. For lubrication im using super fine graphite powder mixed with isopropyl alcohol (i think its called rubbing alcohol in the us). The graphite powder is a dry lubricant and the alcohol is used as a medium so the graphite can get into all the links better. The benefit of this particular alcohol is that it quickly evaporates without leaving any residue.

Dry lubricants have the advantage that they do not attract any dirt like various baby oils that people often recommend on here.

Very interesting!

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Is there any significant differences between the VSF 116610 with the A2824 movement option and the RXF 116610? I can only find the VSF variant on Puretime's website, the RXF can be found in several TD websites and there was only a 10 dollar difference in price.

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Is there any significant differences between the VSF 116610 with the A2824 movement option and the RXF 116610? I can only find the VSF variant on Puretime's website, the RXF can be found in several TD websites and there was only a 10 dollar difference in price.

Aesthetically VSF 116610 with calibre 2824 = RXF 116610 calibre 2824.
They are the same watch, but advertised differently with an extra $10 piece.