• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Does the VSF 116610 LN really deserve all this hype? Let's try to answer that.

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
After taking a 126610 and a 116610LN, Vsf's hulk and YM arrived today.

The YM has a very loud rotor (How can I fix it?)

The hulk gave me a cheap feel compared to the LN, although it is still a good watch overall. The bracelet is probably not the same.

I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Submariner 16610 lv ARF for several days now.
Damn I prefer it to the 126610 lv VSF.

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
I've been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Submariner 16610 lv ARF for several days now.

This is a 116610LV.

I sincerely recommend you the 126610LV...

WiseTruth

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/2/21

Is this picture the newer version with platinum bezel inserts ?

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
Is this picture the newer version with platinum bezel inserts ?

I've received it today, so I think is the latest version.

eccept for the plastic box :)

Jimmyrich1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/19
UK
By saving money on the plastic box they could invest in improving the bracelet, instead they have made it worse.
:picard2:

Yep!! Improved the rehaut, ruined the bracelet! And in my case, the lugs are too wide so the bracelet rattles. What a shame! So to answer the question the OP posed:

Are VSF worth the hype?

IF you get a good a very good VSF then yes they are worth the hype IMO.

HOWEVER it's a real gamble if you get a decent one now it seems, so overall I'd say VSF are not worth the hype at the moment due to lack of consistency. QC needs looking into!

Maybe they are rushing them out due to high demand ?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
So VSF has taken a dive in quality..

I wonder if anything to do with the recent 'fake' VSF thing?

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
So VSF has taken a dive in quality..

I wonder if anything to do with the recent 'fake' VSF thing?

The logical thing is that VSF has been flooded with orders, their suppliers could not meet the demand, a few weeks ago they were passing off V6F as VSF to meet market demand and now it is inevitable that they will lower the quality to be able to fulfil all the orders they have received.

Reactions: Jimmyrich1

Jimmyrich1

13/8/19
UK
The logical thing is that VSF has been flooded with orders, their suppliers could not meet the demand, a few weeks ago they were passing off V6F as VSF to meet market demand and now it is inevitable that they will lower the quality to be able to fulfil all the orders they have received.

The same thing crossed my mind, if that's the case then it's a real shame because they burst through the door with something really good! They could potentially kill their reputation before they've even got started!

If i'm being honest, the VSF watch I received today made me feel it would be hard to trust them again. I was so disappointed after my other VSF from just 2 months ago! At the risk of repeating myself i'm going to list the flaws here:

1) The bottom lugs are too wide so the bracelet doesn't fit properly, rattles side to side.
2) The part under the clasp that you lift up to open the bracelet wiggles about, again feels like the two parts don't fit together.
3) Bracelet feels scratchy to the touch, a very DH Gate feeling to it. Also the bottom end link finishing isn't right.
4) Finishing inside the clasp (the polished section with Rolex engraving) this is poorly finished, text almost looks white and poorly done, like a completely different watch to the last VSF I got.
5) Date alignment is off
6) Opening the crown feels very gritty considering it's the much praised VS3135. Again my other VSF feels great.
7) The glide lock feels absolutely AWFUL! it feels like grinding metal on metal. Gives me the same feeling as nails on a blackboard.

Not meaning to sound like a whiny bitch here, I absolutely LOVED my first VSF. Just been brought back down to earth with a bump. I no doubt got a particularly bad watch, perhaps a rare situation but I can't deny it's knocked my confidence in them/

5teve

20/4/15
Agree with the bracelet comments, received a VSF116610LN yesterday, bracelet just doesn't feel solid, my ARF V2 bracelet is in a different league.Very disappointing for a new "latest"watch.ON the plus side the flatter crystal really make the watch "pop"all the markers and fingers seem to catch the light more and the Lume is very good.

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Agree with the bracelet comments, received a VSF116610LN yesterday, bracelet just doesn't feel solid, my ARF V2 bracelet is in a different league.Very disappointing for a new "latest"watch.ON the plus side the flatter crystal really make the watch "pop"all the markers and fingers seem to catch the light more and the Lume is very good.

In my opinion, of all the replicas, the best bracelet is the arf one, or was it? Because nowadays it would seem that arf has lowered the quality of its products.

5teve

20/4/15
Ive solved my issue by putting the Arf on the VSF head, happy with that.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
289a53e5e7cf8ca853c5ebbd70ac3ee2.jpg

My VSF from December is a Killer. Fantastic quality