• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

OYSTERFLEX STRAPS: Noob vs ARF vs RBF

Suux88

22/4/12
Hi fam,

I am in the market for a 116519 LN NOOB (v4 is apparently the current version, although websites haven't been updated)

My question is about which strap is closest and best compared to gen?

Is the NOOB strap good enough? (does this have the curved metal inside?)

How is ARF? (read it's good, has metal band, but is too dark?)

How is RBF? (advertised as same technology, and comes in E-D to E-G sizes)

Thanks for help, couldn't find much information with search

Suux88

22/4/12
Can anyone firm that the NOOB has metal plate in it?

I read on forums previous it was only rubber, have they updated it?

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
I have an Oysterflex on a 116519 Daytona and it feels very good much better than the VSF Oysterflex on the 126659 YM42 which is softer, more sensible to scratches and works more as a dirt magnet.
I will order a RBF as a spare soon.

Suux88

22/4/12
I have an Oysterflex on a 116519 Daytona and it feels very good much better than the VSF Oysterflex on the 126659 YM42 which is softer, more sensible to scratches and works more as a dirt magnet.
I will order a RBF as a spare soon.

Is this a NOOB?

I read somewhere the NOOB oysterflex doesn't have metal inserts (I believe V2 owners were saying this)
Can you confirm that NOOB oysterflex has metal insert?

Suux88

22/4/12
I will check in the evening.
Whats the best way to check? I don't know how flexible this spring steel is.

does it have a natural curve that is maintained
can you feel a metal sheet resistance when you bend it? or does it justt feel like soft rubber

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
From what I can say is that I believe that there is metal in the bracelet because it is not possible to wind the bracelet.

drferrari1

Known Member
13/8/20
CONUS
I have the oysterflex that comes with the VSF 226659 which has not a metal inside and you can blend it all the way like a paper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Screwtape

drferrari1

Known Member
13/8/20
CONUS
I’m exaggerating lol
Not like a paper but you get the point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fettersack111

Known Member
13/1/19
Germany
I have straps from NOOB, ARF, RBF & Gen Rolex... Noob are garbage, so are the ones from ARF. Pretty sure they are from the same factory. The do all have metal inside but they are way too hard and unflexible. The RBF also have metal inside but suffer from hard rubber just like the others. Their greatest advantage is that they come in several sizes, however, they do not match the gen lengths. ED for example should be 45mm, RBF is 50mm. The gen is the most flexible and but they are super expensive. The popular sizes can be found used on the bay or chrono. They are not as condor table as you might expect. I had so file my gen down on the edges to become really smooth. Go with RBF and get gn if you need the super small sized like ED or EC

Suux88

22/4/12
I have straps from NOOB, ARF, RBF & Gen Rolex... Noob are garbage, so are the ones from ARF. Pretty sure they are from the same factory. The do all have metal inside but they are way too hard and unflexible. The RBF also have metal inside but suffer from hard rubber just like the others. Their greatest advantage is that they come in several sizes, however, they do not match the gen lengths. ED for example should be 45mm, RBF is 50mm. The gen is the most flexible and but they are super expensive. The popular sizes can be found used on the bay or chrono. They are not as condor table as you might expect. I had so file my gen down on the edges to become really smooth. Go with RBF and get gn if you need the super small sized like ED or EC

damn, wish I knew all this sooner...