• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

And another ST Build

Invetero

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/11/20
Welcome back folks did some more tweaking to the case and decided to include some chamfers.

I'm using a new method that seems to be working out great! This is break through technology guys as to NO ONE EVER FOUND ANY ANSWERS ONTO HOW IN THE WORLD TO CREAT CHAMFERS RIGHT AT HOME! ok.. now I'll teach you how..have a look ;)
ZE4eaR.jpg
ZE4AVL.jpg

how was this created you ask?! I've done research on and on and never found any answers but the concept is actually common sense all you'll need is these tools
ZE4UGK.jpg

yep, that simple metal against metal (hard metal) that's why I'm using my pin/spring bar tool it's a durable metal.

So what you do is start slowly shaving the edge like this up and down not much pressure and you'll start to feel it etching into the lug edge
ZE4qz4.jpg

please do note. Make sure to keep that 45° angle against keeping that shape as you stroke away up and down

Like this:
ZE4Okc.jpg

and that's it guys! Give it a try I find it works and looks closest to the genuine example.

here's a couple more in a close-up encounter lol
ZE4YVX.jpg
ZE41ii.jpg

hope everyone is having a joyful day!

Enjoy your weekend guys! Stay tuned for some more content

Like & Subscribe LOL :D

I've been searching for an answer for years, thats crazy how much gold info there is on this forum, thank you so much, will definitely try this technique

Reactions: sukwonee

solipsistic

22/10/11
Welcome back folks did some more tweaking to the case and decided to include some chamfers.

I'm using a new method that seems to be working out great! This is break through technology guys as to NO ONE EVER FOUND ANY ANSWERS ONTO HOW IN THE WORLD TO CREAT CHAMFERS RIGHT AT HOME! ok.. now I'll teach you how..have a look ;)

Thank you for this awesome post. I will be doing this mod on my ST case

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Thanks everyone! Yes do enjoy this method of chamfers creation :cool:

Cala

8/5/18
Texas
Thank you lawlessflyer for the amazing chamfers creation tip! I've followed the instructions and I am very happy with the outcome wow - Chamfers do make a huge difference on the appearance of ST cases.

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Thank you lawlessflyer for the amazing chamfers creation tip! I've followed the instructions and I am very happy with the outcome wow - Chamfers do make a huge difference on the appearance of ST cases.

Very welcome enjoy that ST case with now your new chamfers :D

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Alright and we're back.

So I received some more items for the build, I decided to try to keep the price down. As much as possible so after reading a bunch of posts I've decided to give wso a try.

I went with the 14k (wrapped) gold center link bracelet for two reasons,

1) already mentioned- price
2) wanted the "lighter gold tone" look

Here's the bracelet front & back

At first glance I'd say it's of decent quality especially for the price 249.usd it's build is well and feels good in the hands.

Now the "wrapped" 14k gold

you can definitely see the 14k wrap around the end link as you can also around the rest of the center links. It's actually a decent thickness of gold IMO if it is really gold that is.. lol I guess time will tell :D

Now a question I've come across from members here as to "if the center links were truly hollow as the gen example"?

The answer is no. They are solid with the gold wrapped around them.

The plus side to these are the edges of the links are high polished as are gens for the 16613's (quote me if I'm wrong) for me this isn't a deal breaker as it's not noticeable on the wrist especially due to the gold wrapping.

Moving onto the rest of it, connecting links is as to expect you can go ahead and switch out the clasp to your choice of rep or gen with no issues.

I did notice some markings/numbers on the end links and end bracelet link which make no sense to me at all as I don't believe there is such a reference number of these lol

so that's pretty much it on the walk around of the wso 2-tone bracelet!

one thing to note :

End links do not support gen 2mm spring bars neither do the end bracelet link piece... these will both need modified in order to use shoulder-less spring bars.

Hope this helps anyone on the fence of trying the 14k wrapped bracelet from wso.

Matt5513

9/3/18
No, it should not need any more polishing this is last technique. Also note no pressure is to be added let the metal do it's own thing shaving slowly

How long have I to stroke up and down in order to obtain that marvelous chamfer?

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
Ok. So the wso (plated) bezel isn't as great and I cannot say too many great things about it...

Let's just start with - these teeth! LoL:mousepanic-r::rofl:

Yea... not exactly sure I'm into keeping it or making the "return".... the shape isn't any better and for the asking price of 100usd and needing to glue in a gen insert (as it falls out) this could be a deal breaker!

the top looks ok in terms of the teeth cut-outs (I've seen worse) in there earlier releases I guess they updated this..

What do you guys think about it? Keeper or return?

If anyone has they're 18k solid bezel please chime and share in the quality are the cut outs better over all shape and the teeth as well.

big thanks!:drinks_cheers:

Reactions: sukwonee

Cala

8/5/18
Texas
Ok. So the wso (plated) bezel isn't as great and I cannot say too many great things about it...

Let's just start with - these teeth! LoL:mousepanic-r::rofl:

Yea... not exactly sure I'm into keeping it or making the "return".... the shape isn't any better and for the asking price of 100usd and needing to glue in a gen insert (as it falls out) this could be a deal breaker!

the top looks ok in terms of the teeth cut-outs (I've seen worse) in there earlier releases I guess they updated this..

What do you guys think about it? Keeper or return?

If anyone has they're 18k solid bezel please chime and share in the quality are the cut outs better over all shape and the teeth as well.

big thanks!:drinks_cheers:

For my build, I did purchase and I am using the ST 18k Italian Solid Gold bezel. It's really amazing in my opinion, color matches the 18k gold bracelet and definitely adds weight to the watch: