• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

And another ST Build

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
I love your consideration for different crown sizes too.

Thanks!

The 704 vs 703 there is a subtle difference, they are both 7mm crowns but the 703 in my eyes is just a bit thinner and sits tucked in the crown guards better ;)

Really nicely tucked-in on my Tudor Sub :D

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Yessir! I have both sizes in gold with me here, 704 and 703. If I visually compare the loose parts side-by-side, the size looks almost undetectably different to me. But when either of the crowns is physically installed on the watch head, it's a totally different ballgame! I noticed the two crowns suddenly look so different in the way they sit.
703 becomes much more tucked in like you say. It looks so much 'better' on this TC case, so I can imagine how doubly-good the 703 pays off on ST case.
On screwing a 703-8 crown onto my stem for the first time the crown broke (springy/ clutchy bit just came loose in my hands). I'm not sure if I just didn't file the stem finely enough when I was sizing it up or something, but it meant I did a quick inexpensive purchase of a 704 to tide me over - keen to wear the watch.
I didn't know about the size difference so I was looking at my watch thinking, ah-ha why is this 704 sticking out a little, is my tube fully seated correctly - did I change that and not remember rescrewing a new casetube or what, has something else changed - what is going on here haha. I'd love to buy this watch a working 703-8 again ASAP - Really worthwhile and attractive-looking.

Last edited:

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
And although I noticed that visually the two crowns sat differently on my watch, it wasn't until I read about your thoughts on the two crowns that I fully understood that they are a tiny bit differenct in their size, and then everything made 100% sense for me over here. So that was a little bit of magic at this end!
-Very cool. Thank you Lawless :)

Last edited:

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
And although I noticed that visually the two crowns sat differently on my watch, it wasn't until I read about your thoughts on the two crowns that I fully understood that they are a tiny bit differenct in their size, and then everything made 100% sense for me over here. So that was a little bit of magic at this end!
-Very cool. Thank you Lawless :)

Very welcome mate, now I'm looking for a gold 703 crown lol

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Do you think your technique would benefit from using rolled up strips of sandpaper coiled around your tool?
It depends - on the one hand, it might make you concentrate harder, but you have to weigh that against how much it would make your eyes water.

Reactions: Ecender and KJ2020

ckvintage

7/10/09
That's "Gorgeous". Wear it in good health.

One question, does the wso gold plated bezel ring fits on the ST retaining bezel ring insert without issue??