• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Building project - Oyster perpetual with fluted bezel

Qoqa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/2/21
Hello gents,

First, sorry if I am not in the right section, I tried to find where it could be the best and as long as I know, I thought it would be here..
I'd like to build the watch below (I made it to check if I liked it).

There is 2 options:
1. Change the dial and hands of a date just
2. swap the bezel of the Oyster perpetual to a fluted one.

Do you know guys if it has ever been done? If so, what was the best way to make it? The thing is I know that every part exist in the option 1, but I don't know if it fits (thickness of the dial, etc..). And I don't know if a fluted bezel for a OP exists.

Is there anyone who's got the technical plans of these watches so I can check what's my best option? (the rep one I mean...) Or who knows some of the informations needed?

Thank you guys, Ben

Reactions: mpx

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Great project, interested to see the result. Very well possible that BP or GMF use the same case for both models and the bezels have the same inner diameter.

Last edited:

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
I can't say anything regarding what's possible and what not, but the picture looks a lot nicer than what I expected when I clicked on the thread.

Qoqa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/2/21
Ahah good to see some interest anyway ! Thanks guys ! I think I'll ask a TD to know what is it about the bezel..