• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona Meteorite

SKnight

8/7/19
Id say pass on putting a gen WG bezel. If I remember correctly KJ2020 on another thread had shared a link to an aftermarket WG bezel and it looks amazing.

Ill see if I can find the link and share it here.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I noticed that hands also differ. Looks like earlier meteorite daytonas had no lume at all, just straight white gold with black stripe all the way through. Later examples have lume like noob.

Good catch on the hands. I actually prefer the overall look of the older model - the expanded text with the ROLEX R over the OYSTER T dials have always been better looking IMO. And the black stripe hands are a real plus for readability in harsh light.

This one is a beauty for sure
Zsw7I8.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: SuperLory

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Mate where did you source the croc strap on your daytona? Is it gen? And how much did it cost you?

it's gen and it came with the gen watch, you can find genuine ones around for around 500 euros, but there are a lot of good real leather alternatives

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Good catch on the hands. I actually prefer the overall look of the older model - the expanded text with the ROLEX R over the OYSTER T dials have always been better looking IMO. And the black stripe hands are a real plus for readability in harsh light.

This one is a beauty for sure

incredibly beautiful indeed

SKnight

8/7/19
it's gen and it came with the gen watch, you can find genuine ones around for around 500 euros, but there are a lot of good real leather alternatives

Cheers mate. Any specific recommendations when it comes to alternatives?

Lovelyrose

Renowned Member
2/9/14
Question now is, which to choose? Oysterflex or bracelet version? Both price the same. I know steel Daytona case is diff from wg Daytona. But for wg version, Oysterflex and bracelet can interchange??

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Wow there are so many variations of this dial. Different Fonts and different markers and Hands. The two watches in the Picture have the "old" norrow markers at 3,6 and 9 while the newer ones have more wide markers like on modern Daytona dials. Funny enough there are dials with the new markers and spread out 5 liner font and some with the more narrow 116500 font.

However I think that Noob did an excellent job with these dials. Whether they are using real Meteorite or some other material it looks damn good.

Last edited:

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
I am happy to see how good the dial is and how good the hands are. From the looks of it, it only needs new crystal gasket and proper bezel and it will be amazing!

Reactions: SuperLory

Tony Clifton

Renowned Member
7/2/20
Germany
Hi mate,
yes the dial is very good on this one. I have seen many videos on Youtube of Gen Meteorite Dial Daytonas, and compared with these it is pretty damn good.

By the way, the watch in my picture is a little modded by my self: I have installed the watchesparts bezel and a Cousins UK crystal gasket :D