• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Daytona Meteorite

Qoqa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/2/21
Yes definitely. The inclusions are what they should be. It's that Swedish meteorite site. My concern is the rust. It's easy to treat on meteorite it's just I don't want to keep taking my watch apart to treat it. Moisture is their enemy lol.

Thanks for sharing that ! I just hope now they will do the Rolex GMT meteorite, I'll keep an eye on this one

Reactions: Yogibear

johnysub

21/9/18
I really like this model, but i have one question. Did Rolex originally offered this piecewith Oysterflex or even Oyster bracelet ? I saw few examples on chrono only with crocodile style strap :/ So watch is nice but never released configuration right?

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I really like this model, but i have one question. Did Rolex originally offered this piecewith Oysterflex or even Oyster bracelet ? I saw few examples on chrono only with crocodile style strap :/ So watch is nice but never released configuration right?

You could have changed the leather strap with an oysterflex if you wanted, that's what i did with an old 116519, too classy with a strap, way more sporty with a rubber oysterflex

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Yes definitely. The inclusions are what they should be. It's that Swedish meteorite site. My concern is the rust. It's easy to treat on meteorite it's just I don't want to keep taking my watch apart to treat it. Moisture is their enemy lol.

Correct, moisture is an enemy of meteorite dials.
that's why I coat my meteorite dials in special layer to prevent.any problems.

Hopefully chinese factories do the same but who knows.

Reactions: Yogibear

johnysub

21/9/18
does anyone have pictures of gold hallmarks at case back? original its from white gold so hallmarks should be there, i hope so it will be like on my VSF Yacht-Master 42 they are far beyond excellent and very well made :)

sidemix

Horology Curious
31/10/20
Has anyone dropped a rep Daytona in water and had no problems? Like maybe hanging out in a pool for the day?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I was just browsing the web for some dial variations and found this version of the Meteorite Daytona, which apparently came from Rolex this way. I always marvel at the custom creations they release in small quantities.

https://www.watchcollectors.co.uk/p...18k-white-gold-ruby-baguettes-meteorite-dial/

ZslPjF.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So here's a couple gen samples either side of the Noob in the middle. It appears there are dial variations in the gens like most other models. The one on the left has a more expanded text. On the one on the right it's condensed, with the O in Oyster being more oval shaped. Looks like Noob used the more condensed text layout.

ZslXk2.jpg

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
I noticed that hands also differ. Looks like earlier meteorite daytonas had no lume at all, just straight white gold with black stripe all the way through. Later examples have lume like noob.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
So due to the fact that the bracelet does not fit the lugs as it should in WG model, the strap option is the way to go. Maybe one can even swap rubber with some gen rolex leather to make it more elegant.

Reactions: KJ2020 and SKnight

SKnight

8/7/19
So due to the fact that the bracelet does not fit the lugs as it should in WG model, the strap option is the way to go. Maybe one can even swap rubber with some gen rolex leather to make it more elegant.

Thats my plan, and maybe replace the bezel depending on my QCs.

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
I am wondering if putting gen WG bezel would look good or would gold look off next to SS case...