• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB DIW Carbon Black Daytona

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
Titan black, Pro Hunter, black venom watches, Ember, MAD Paris, Blaken, Bamford (before they went LVMH)

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Wow. Thanks mate, i will check their product for sure.

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
His name is good-price. He’s kind of shady because he was selling the case set here on rwi for a higher price and got exposed for profiteering under an alias. On reddit he claimed the cases weren’t available anywhere else and then we found out that anyone can get them.

Any way to kindly share where one could get this case / bezel set? Seems to be a necessity if you want to go franken with this... if you can even call it frankening but I guess you’ll know what I mean...

Reactions: anto88

Johnny_Ridden

Less is More
10/12/18
For me, looks like the best way to mod this without going overboard in spending is:

1) A Noob Base - to have correct case size and 4130 clone movement.

2) An OMF Version to donor the dial and bezel you like most - I find the OMF dials are much better than Noob’s by the looks of it.... - Dial will require modification to fit on 4130 movement.

***Also for the bezel with more technical looking font to be more accurate to original***

Optional Gen Parts:

- Crystal + Gasket
- Hands (all 6 would be ideal - but hour and minute hands a must)
- Bracelet (Carbon or Everest or whatever you want)

So for a total of around 2000$ - you should be able to have the best “franken” carbon bar fiddling with the movement, crowns, pushers.

Please feel free to chip in!

P996

Horology Curious
1/4/18
So does someone here actually know hoe to open the case back of the DiW Carbon Daytona? Would be much appreciated if someone knew how, thanks. Bought one (Noob) and it stopped working after a few days, it still winds and everything but the movement stopped working.

P996

Horology Curious
1/4/18
So does someone here actually know how to open the case back of the DiW Carbon Daytona? Would be much appreciated if someone knew how, thanks. Bought one (Noob) and it stopped working after a few days, it still winds and everything but the movement stopped working.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
This is not the standard noob case but a aftermarket. Whole build was done by good-price via reddit. You can see the FC pattern and the bezel font are more DiW like than Noob. I will do a quick review later on.

Here's my watch comparing it with a standard noob case under the sun

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/mwqkai/difference_in_the_sunlight_of_different_carbon/
ded13b6c2d04b8c310c12a56900fd75d.jpg

anto88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/1/21
This is not the standard noob case but a aftermarket. Whole build was done by good-price via reddit. You can see the FC pattern and the bezel font are more DiW like than Noob. I will do a quick review later on.

Here's my watch comparing it with a standard noob case under the sun

https://www.reddit.com/r/RepTime/comments/mwqkai/difference_in_the_sunlight_of_different_carbon/
ded13b6c2d04b8c310c12a56900fd75d.jpg

Sorry I don't understand, you have different case and bezel? where is possible to buy it?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
just released in Trustytime web this morning

ZJZmi5.png

Some cool designs - not showing movement pics but they're CHS, so maybe using the VR3185.

Really hate the DiW stamps though, especially the use of bicolor on some. Been sitting here mulling over the viability of touching one up to make the logo disappear against the dial color, haha.

Reactions: SSW09