• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB DIW Carbon Black Daytona

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
A modder on Insta, famous for modding RM watches with his forged carbon parts. This DiW is his collab with Noob from what I have heard.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

No way Noob will collab with a small modder. Too much pride with them. And it is unwise for ABD to do that, consider Noob's selling price vs his.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Can someone explain why the noob carbon is almost 400 more than diw carbon ???

abs10

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/2/10
Think he meant the other factory doing DiW. They're using 7750's with seconds modified to 6. The noob is using the 4130 clone.

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
Wow, others color keep coming...
IMG-20210324-WA0029.jpg

I already buy this gen dial n red hands to build it with noob carbon case.
Very excited for my dream watch :D

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Still keen to understand the $400 delta to the OMF carbon version. Yes, I understand the 1.5cm difference, but that can't be it, can it? Does the noob version look that much better ? I thought the omf chrono works or are the sub seconds frozen a la arf?

5teve

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/4/15
Thickness,carbon back v steel back,noob has “gen” like fingers,from what I’ve seen noob has DIW on carbon strap “loop” not Rolex.I’m awaiting delivery of noob.
plus the already mentioned 7750

Last edited:

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
I bought the blue 7750 version last summer, but unfortunately the movement failed. Then I bought the noob stainless clone, which works very well. I see they've issued a rather insipid orange version with the clone movement, but no blue... Pity, I could go for another of the blue ones if it had the clone movement.
https://puretimewatch.io/daytona-diw...ap-sa4130.html

rlx202103230502.jpg

Last edited:

SSW09

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
13/5/19
France
Still keen to understand the $400 delta to the OMF carbon version. Yes, I understand the 1.5cm difference, but that can't be it, can it? Does the noob version look that much better ? I thought the omf chrono works or are the sub seconds frozen a la arf?

Noob is using a 4130 clone, it explains the price tag( other have a 7750 with seconds modified to 6 - this movement is far from being as reliable as the 4130 ), plus it allows to respect de the gen measurements.

Reactions: rj999

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I have owned an A7750 Daytona (long time ago even before ARF was around). It is much thicker than Noob cloned 4130. It feels chunky and being a gen owner, to me is a dealer breaker.

The price difference mainly due to the 4130 is still a noob exclusive, compared to the 7750 which is not. Both movements are reliable if you service it.

To put into perspective how expensive the cloned 4130 is, it cost over 400+USD just to buy it on its own (one would say might be cheaper to buy the whole watch and sell the rest as parts)

If you think the thickness and the feel of the A7750 is OK for you to compromise on, get that verison as I do think is more value for money (at least is easier to fix and repair an A7750).

For me I'm skipping this noob version and building a more higher end one with better FC case set and more "correct" bezel font to DiW. Pls stay tuned.

Reactions: molivio

berry25

Certified
26/2/17

For me I'm skipping this noob version and building a more higher end one with better FC case set and more "correct" bezel font to DiW. Pls stay tuned.

are you planning to use the case set that ive seen posted on reddit, the one where the guys installed an arabic dial? appologies cant remember his name

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
are you planning to use the case set that ive seen posted on reddit, the one where the guys installed an arabic dial? appologies cant remember his name

His name is good-price. He’s kind of shady because he was selling the case set here on rwi for a higher price and got exposed for profiteering under an alias. On reddit he claimed the cases weren’t available anywhere else and then we found out that anyone can get them.

berry25

Certified
26/2/17
His name is good-price. He’s kind of shady because he was selling the case set here on rwi for a higher price and got exposed for profiteering under an alias. On reddit he claimed the cases weren’t available anywhere else and then we found out that anyone can get them.

i clocked that earlier with the emerald style daytona kits he was selling as saw a lot of them on chinese sellers wechat and thenshortly seen the arabic carbon black so become obvious he was reselling.

if that kit supposedly better quality than the noob one then?