• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB DIW Carbon Black Daytona

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Off topic but why someone pays 50k€ for a “Franken” modified Daytona? Is a replica really so different from those Daytonas with “aftermarket” dial and case?
Ok for sure not the same thing but really 50k for a custom Rolex?
Someone could say they are one off piece of art, others may argue they are no more original Rolex

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Say what you want, the carbon case, the velcro strap are all a win-win for me. Only thing none of these 3 up here appeal to me

the splashed colors one is hideous, to use an euphemism

Reactions: mpx and KJ2020

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Rumor has it that a diw employee sold the files to someone in China. They all use noob 4130 and all specs are like gen.

The files meaning the case? As the case back and bezel engraving are wrong and different.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Say what you want, the carbon case, the velcro strap are all a win-win for me. Only thing none of these 3 up here appeal to me

the splashed colors one is hideous, to use an euphemism

And... there’s no accounting for taste. I hate the carbon parts, but I actually quite like the splashed colours. I’d happily transplant that dial into a regular 116500.

“Hideous” isn’t a euphemism, btw - it’s just a regular adjective.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jayalvin777

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I would hold fire buying any of them if the current offerings are not to your liking. Noob tends to put out variations of their existing models a bit slower than other factories, but I'm sure they gonna make a lot of variations of this to further milk their 4130 exclusive position.

Reactions: KJ2020

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
I would hold fire buying any of them if the current offerings are not to your liking. Noob tends to put out variations of their existing models a bit slower than other factories, but I'm sure they gonna make a lot of variations of this to further milk their 4130 exclusive position.

Nah, they already teaming up with other factories like ipk to bring different iterations of the Daytona's. I'm pretty sure you wont see a better release for a carbon case than these that comes with 4130

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Desert Eagle is one I might go for. I suppose I could bend my "No other names on my fake Rolexes" rule for something that's so obviously not a "real" Rolex anyway. Interesting that the reps say DIW and this gen says Designa Individual. The gen text actually blends better, you could almost miss it.

ZwkBZv.jpg

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Nah, they already teaming up with other factories like ipk to bring different iterations of the Daytona's. I'm pretty sure you wont see a better release for a carbon case than these that comes with 4130
Sorry I wasn't saying about the FC case set, but the variations of dials, pushers (PVD/gold/silver) and straps colours.

ABD does have a displayed case back on his Insta, not sure will that be incorporated at a later date.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
i’m pretty sure what an “euphemism” is. I meant what i wrote.

I don’t doubt you meant what you wrote. And maybe in your view, “hideous” was an understatement.

But I’m sorry, I missed the euphemism. I guess I’m what you’d euphemistically call “intellectually challenged”. :)

Reactions: P..DR..D

EagleBear

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/15
SoCal
Desert Eagle is one I might go for. I suppose I could bend my "No other names on my fake Rolexes" rule for something that's so obviously not a "real" Rolex anyway. Interesting that the reps say DIW and this gen says Designa Individual. The gen text actually blends better, you could almost miss it.

ZwkBZv.jpg

I’d love to get this for my son-in-law
He’d dig this thing for sure! Shoot I’m sure he’d love the Gen one but yeah that’s a hard NO! :)

tlander13

1/11/20
USA
The files meaning the case? As the case back and bezel engraving are wrong and different.

After spending some time looking at the pictures more closely, it appears that the original DIW bezel engravings (such as the "P" in units "per" hour) are incorrect, whereas Noob used the more correct font and spacing in their rep. Unsure which is better, accurately repping the inaccurate modified DIW watch, or accurately repping the original underlying gen!

Reactions: Jayalvin777

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
After spending some time looking at the pictures more closely, it appears that the original DIW bezel engravings (such as the "P" in units "per" hour) are incorrect, whereas Noob used the more correct font and spacing in their rep. Unsure which is better, accurately repping the inaccurate modified DIW watch, or accurately repping the original underlying gen!
I think the font style for "UNITS PER HOUR" is different with DiW. The font size are much wider than gen (the "O" is more like a square) , which I personally think looks pretty good to give it a more "techie" kinda look and also makes it easier to see as you can see the noob bezel seems a bit "squished".

EagleBear

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/15
SoCal
Well guys at the end of the day does it really matter how accurate the font is that DIW is using or any of the micro inaccuracies in their design for that matter? Bottom line they have bastardized a clients Genuine Rolex Daytona charged them $40 to $50k American to do it and laugh all the way to the bank... and now all the client has is a $50 to $60k counterfeit. When someone has that kind of capital the throw away on a watch Rolex would never touch again except to restore it to its formal glory the minor details don’t mean Sh*t just my opinion. But hey I ain’t mad at it lol

qiuyi.lki1993

Horology Curious
20/12/20
Attention!!!
I heard from a local Chinese dealer that the colour of printing on the bezel can easily go off. He is selling a 4-day old 2nd hand nood carbon daytona for $150 less for one of his customers.
ZwsPwp.jpg

Well, he also said noob can replace the bezel for free, but I guess it wouldn't help that much unless they make the colour more preservative.

I think noob will fix this very soon because apparently they have to... Just wait for a little longer, or confirm with other TDs before ordering it.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Fixer

qiuyi.lki1993

Horology Curious
20/12/20
The font also looks wonky on the dial, but I think it's just reflection or low resolution.

The Fixer

Horology Curious
4/4/20
Attention!!!
I heard from a local Chinese dealer that the colour of printing on the bezel can easily go off. He is selling a 4-day old 2nd hand nood carbon daytona for $150 less for one of his customers.

Well, he also said noob can replace the bezel for free, but I guess it wouldn't help that much unless they make the colour more preservable.

I think noob will fix this very soon because apparently they have to... Just wait for a little longer, or confirm with other TDs before ordering it.

Thank you sir! We all appreciate your public service announcement.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Attention!!!

Well, he also said noob can replace the bezel for free, but I guess it wouldn't help that much unless they make the colour more preservative.

$150 is a decent discount! All you need are some matt Tamiya paint.

Is nice for noob to replace it for free, but not everyone can remove the existing one and replace the new one by themselves as your need some tools or your might risk cracking the bezel

Reactions: KJ2020