• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB DIW Carbon Black Daytona

mjmj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
3/11/09
She is here and just beautiful!!!
Its my first carbon watch - that carbon case is simply stunning in real life. I love the pattern, unfortunately its hard to capture.

The chrono fully works and the case thickness is like (or close) the noob v4 panda:

Btw Lana broke the shipping record from 11/14 - 11/22, no problems, extra fees etc.

Unfortuately my wrist is too small, it is possible but feels weird and it dont know how much that carbon part can take:
I'll try to change it to one of my rubber straps but long term i probably ask gunny straps for a shorter one - but for niw i am just happy with this beauty!

Just a suggestion of what I do with straps that are too big for me.. I cut up an old leather strap into 1inch lengths or thereabouts and use some double sided tape to stick it to the inside of the strap close to the buckle. The thickness of the leather can be however thick you like to make it comfortably snug for you. So if one layer is insufficient then stick 2 layers. I find that this makes the straps more snug and comfortable to wear

Reactions: Max Cady

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
Just a suggestion of what I do with straps that are too big for me.. I cut up an old leather strap into 1inch lengths or thereabouts and use some double sided tape to stick it to the inside of the strap close to the buckle. The thickness of the leather can be however thick you like to make it comfortably snug for you. So if one layer is insufficient then stick 2 layers. I find that this makes the straps more snug and comfortable to wear

Thx, i will give it a try although i think the gap is to big to cover.
I ordered a canvas strap with buckle from a local seller since it will take several months to get a gunny strap to Europe due to customs.

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
You can definitely pull that velcro strap tighter looking at the photo

Yes and no - i can pull the part of the strap with the velcro patch through the carbon ring, but then i cant bend it, cause the velcro patch make this part of the strap too stiff.
Unfortunately the strap is already distached and i am too lazy to attach it again just for pic (otherwise i just would make a pic to show)

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
My one arrived today so just want to say thank you for all the contributions to this thread.

I look forward to reading all 22 pages over the weekend.

Happy Friday folks :thumbsup:

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Yes and no - i can pull the part of the strap with the velcro patch through the carbon ring, but then i cant bend it, cause the velcro patch make this part of the strap too stiff.
Unfortunately the strap is already distached and i am too lazy to attach it again just for pic (otherwise i just would make a pic to show)
Get a custom one made by strapfreak

https://strapfreak.com/collections/canvas-dark-brown-velcro

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020 and Max Cady

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Ah ok, i didnt see this - i usally used another homepage to get in touch with Peter.
Actually maybe I'm wrong.. But anyway, you can't get one made.

One tip, get then to put the stitching closer to the watch just like gen DiW, all after market strap tends to sit lower

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
Yes, its a little bit confusing - so far i saw 2 two different (looking) homepages of Gunnystraps, both looked legit. In the end i used this email to contact him:
[email protected]

Thx for the tip, i will try this!

Luckily i am not in a hurry since i have got a canvas strap with regular buckle, so at least i can wear her till i have made my decision!

Reactions: KJ2020

DamanC

Horology Curious
4/10/21
UK
Mine arrived yesterday. All the little flaws we point out with QC's and zoomed in images............not there IRL. Aside from the crown not quite screwing all the way, nothing else matters. Stunning piece!

Howehaohow

2/10/21
Got mine yesterday. The white panda and the black red meteorites, can't decide which one to keep and which one to sell haha. What do you guys think?