• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB DIW Carbon Black Daytona

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
She is here and just beautiful!!!
Its my first carbon watch - that carbon case is simply stunning in real life. I love the pattern, unfortunately its hard to capture.

The chrono fully works and the case thickness is like (or close) the noob v4 panda:

Btw Lana broke the shipping record from 11/14 - 11/22, no problems, extra fees etc.

I'd agree unless you fall into the ends of the width spectrum

Unfortuately my wrist is too small, it is possible but feels weird and it dont know how much that carbon part can take:
I'll try to change it to one of my rubber straps but long term i probably ask gunny straps for a shorter one - but for niw i am just happy with this beauty!

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
She is here and just beautiful!!!
Its my first carbon watch - that carbon case is simply stunning in real life. I love the pattern, unfortunately its hard to capture.

The chrono fully works and the case thickness is like (or close) the noob v4 panda:

I'll try to change it to one of my rubber straps but long term i probably ask gunny straps for a shorter one - but for niw i am just happy with this beauty!

Could you please open the caseback and take a photo of the movement, just to be sure it really is a full 4130 clone?

Howehaohow

2/10/21
Noticed there were concerns about "hybrid noob" daytona sold by hont. As in the movement is 4130 but the case and the dial are not.

Curious to see if anyone has any concerns about this batch of DiW daytona being not "100% noob"

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13
That wouldn't be the end of the world, since noob hardly covered themselves in glory with anything other than the movement

Sent from my KB2003 using Tapatalk

McPwn

21/9/20
Noticed there were concerns about "hybrid noob" daytona sold by hont. As in the movement is 4130 but the case and the dial are not.

Curious to see if anyone has any concerns about this batch of DiW daytona being not "100% noob"
Wouldnt be surprised. The movement supplier who actually makes the 4130 for Noob probably wants to get some return on their investment so might still be producing them. I see the movement being sold standalone on AliExpress.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
Post raid diw daytona seems to have different case. Doesn't appear to be a case used by Noob of their other diw Daytonas (correct me if I'm wrong).
Note the screws are hexagonal on the original and the bottom half of the caseback have different text

Seems batches from Hont and jtime have been affected. Maybe other TDs as well. Don't think this is a huge issue for the carbon daytona but would recommend caution with all new post raid Noob Daytonas

564c084d280a2968e00c146a52faab23.jpg
b22d15f40ff9afb5661768ff2b0eaafb.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: j21

McPwn

21/9/20
Well, at least the screws are easier to open...the CF weave on the caseback also seems more wavy on the OG motley case/gen. Could be a different material.

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Post raid diw daytona seems to have different case. Doesn't appear to be a case used by Noob of their other diw Daytonas (correct me if I'm wrong).
Note the screws are hexagonal on the original and the bottom half of the caseback have different text

Seems batches from Hont and jtime have been affected. Maybe other TDs as well. Don't think this is a huge issue for the carbon daytona but would recommend caution with all new post raid Noob Daytonas

564c084d280a2968e00c146a52faab23.jpg
b22d15f40ff9afb5661768ff2b0eaafb.jpg

You can get the real one on Trusty now

ProGamer73061

Renowned Member
14/1/19
Germany
If you look at the gen diw site you can see that not all Daytonas has the same back. It’s although a version available which show the caseback like in the TD QCs. Screws are definitely wrong.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

McPwn

21/9/20
You can get the real one on Trusty now
Wonder if it is actually the OG motley case or new emerald. JTime has it listed on the site with the motley case pictured, but QC pics came with the emerald one. Although trusty is listing it for 1388 and jtime for $888.

Reactions: Cadows and Max Cady

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
From what I observed the "motley" case is what Noob had where a lot of TDs still uses the same old noob photos but QC has a different style of case.

All in all still better than nothing after the raid. If you are more particular you need to source the NTPT case that gen DiW uses, where the case pattern are not "marble" but wood grain. Also the bezel font is different.

Heres mine I lucky to have before the raid
459b5d515d049abdcc0fe7e66ba65ec2.jpg
2f1d80281c74eb972c53e9f42fd5d7e6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

McPwn

21/9/20
From what I observed the "motley" case is what Noob had where a lot of TDs still uses the same old noob photos but QC has a different style of case.

All in all still better than nothing after the raid. If you are more particular you need to source the NTPT case that gen DiW uses, where the case pattern are not "marble" but wood grain. Also the bezel font is different.

Heres mine I lucky to have before the raid
459b5d515d049abdcc0fe7e66ba65ec2.jpg
2f1d80281c74eb972c53e9f42fd5d7e6.jpg
So far, just the caseback seems to be different from what I can tell. If we can get better closeups of the Emerald case would be easier to compare.

1. Pre/post dials still have incorrect "ROLEX" font on both versions. So assume they are from same supplier.
2. Pre/post bezel still have incorrect "Units Per Hour" font. So assume they are same.

Its possible they could have switched the caseback for other reasons, such as running out of supply of the special screws, or difficulty of opening them. Wont know for sure until a TD clarifies where exactly this batch came from. For all we know, they could be another fake noob trying to capitalize on the post-humous hype.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Wonder if it is actually the OG motley case or new emerald. JTime has it listed on the site with the motley case pictured, but QC pics came with the emerald one. Although trusty is listing it for 1388 and jtime for $888.

AMF I think you can get OG here

kevBquick

9/10/18
Dr. whatever isn't in RWI's TD list so I wouldn't take a risk getting anything that hasn't been thoroughly vetted...

its repgeek vetted...i'm on both forums. though i only ever order from andrew....who also wasn't RWI vetted but now is......so thats what i'm saying.

Reactions: KJ2020