• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NOOB DIW Carbon Black Daytona

Howehaohow

2/10/21
I wish they just left it as an unengraved 4130 instead. At $888, still a great buy imo.

McPwn

21/9/20
Jtime should still have a few white, green, orange, yellow and motley(mixed colors, not the pre raid case) in stock for those interested.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Just approved QC on mine. The rehaut alignment is buggered all to hell but at least the crown is pretty centered. Not bothered about it since it's black and obviously a custom model anyway.

I've been toying with a few ways to mod it, pretty sure I know which way it will end up. I have all the spare dials. Might need a new strap.

jrXJoc.jpg

jrdD5b.jpg

jrXcbi.jpg

jrXVTX.jpg

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
KJ2020 ……i m even searching for a new strap…. Have you any idea about where source one that fit in ?

i ve looked to gunny…but i m not sure if it fit the double pin bar of our diw

thanks

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
KJ2020 ……i m even searching for a new strap…. Have you any idea about where source one that fit in ?

i ve looked to gunny…but i m not sure if it fit the double pin bar of our diw

thanks

Haven't looked yet bro. I asked Li if he could source the red/black one for me as an add on but he said no. I hate the partial red markers on the bezel of the black dial DiW's so I figured it would be easier to source a strap. I'm sure there's something somewhere.

Reactions: Picasso74

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
Got mine today. Movement is the correct one. Winding and time setting are perfectly smooth. Chrono works without issues.

The only problem is that the crown doesn't screw all the way in between the guards. Should be fixable of course, but still.

Reactions: P..DR..D and KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Not sure, wouldn’t that look funny, one spring bar. Would look the strap is hanging? If that makes sense.

Will try one out when I get my GMT desert

I think because of the end link it might be OK. Other Rolex straps that fit with an end link don't have dual springbars.

Reactions: RedBearrd

Ylijumala

1/3/21
In the Soviet EU
I've been toying with a few ways to mod it, pretty sure I know which way it will end up. I have all the spare dials
This stock dial actually is rather good looking imo, especially the subdials stand out in a good way. Fits the case colour scheme much better than f.ex. the white panda dial.

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
This stock dial actually is rather good looking imo, especially the subdials stand out in a good way. Fits the case colour scheme much better than f.ex. the white panda dial.

Yeah the white panda was just an afterthought. I like the stock dial design, just the text bugs me. I've never liked other vendor names on Rolex dials and the fonts are different. I can see how it would be cool for some, and reps almost always include compromising (rehaut misalignment on this one) but for me a dial change was always the plan. Ultimately I'd like to have the other Daytona meteorite with all black subdials but I'll make do with what I have til then.

Reactions: Ylijumala

mjmj

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
3/11/09
Agree with SuperLory. Gunny's straps are great and he can make the double spring bar ones like the DIW if you send your DIW strap to him and he will use that part from the DIW strap and stitch it into your new strap.