• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF on the GMT Master territory ?

vindies

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/15
EU
Nowdays it’s VRF & ARF on this market. Anyone has info about VSF coming in anytime soon ?

mrlemonjello

Known Member
22/4/20
I'm optimistic they'll do one. I might be in the minority in my hope that they do the 116710 with a 3185/6 and not the 126710 with the 3285, so I can use all of my gen parts.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Been waiting forever for their 126710 BLRO.

C'mon Mr. VSF!!! Hurry up!!!

Reactions: wolfiqar and Snil

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
It’s coming, will be released April 31st. Just because VSF had some good Rolex releases...it doesn’t guarantee anything. GMTs are a different ball game. Bi-color inserts with matching hand colors requires a different level of manufacturing/supply chain mastery. Maybe VSF has it but I am not holding my breath...that said I would love to see them release it with the 3286 movement with the 72 hr power reserve

vindies

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/3/15
EU
Looking for the LN version so way less chance to screw it. But might wait bit as it’s not the most popular one ... let’s see !

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
Sooner or later I'm sure they will come with something. I would also be quite happy with the "easier" LN as I really like the green seconds hand. But Batman and Pepsi would also be nice of course, so far nobody seems to be able to do the bezels right. Even the gen Pepsi-Bezel looks awful sometimes.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Agreed, eagerly awaiting VSF’s GMT to see if they can really deliver or if their Subs were just one-hit-wonders. I have high hopes though because their Omega GMTs are quite good.

That being said don’t discount noob, I would argue that ATM if you are after an 116710blnr the noob V11 is your best bet (with an ARF insert and clasp).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: mrlemonjello

mrlemonjello

Known Member
22/4/20
Agreed, eagerly awaiting VSF’s GMT to see if they can really deliver or if their Subs were just one-hit-wonders. I have high hopes though because their Omega GMTs are quite good.

That being said don’t discount noob, I would argue that ATM if you are after an 116710blnr the noob V11 is your best bet (with an ARF insert and clasp).

Based on my VSF PO Tai Chi, I have some faith that VSF can do a proper 2 color ceramic bezel. Though black and white may be easier to work with than black/blue or red/blue (I can't imagine it's much different, but I don't really know enough to say.). I really hope they do a decent LN so I can use the case for my Franken. The noob V11 is pretty nice, but I'm a little hung up on how the caseback doesn't screw in flush like the ARF and VRF (princess problems, I know). Noob does seem to have the best rehaut by far though, at least until VSF makes one.

1 piece 2 color VSF bezel on the Tai Chi:

Reactions: wolfiqar

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Based on my VSF PO Tai Chi, I have some faith that VSF can do a proper 2 color ceramic bezel. Though black and white may be easier to work with than black/blue or red/blue (I can't imagine it's much different, but I don't really know enough to say.). I really hope they do a decent LN so I can use the case for my Franken. The noob V11 is pretty nice, but I'm a little hung up on how the caseback doesn't screw in flush like the ARF and VRF (princess problems, I know). Noob does seem to have the best rehaut by far though, at least until VSF makes one.

1 piece 2 color VSF bezel on the Tai Chi:

Nice piece. I agree VSF transition is on point. Maybe some of the more experienced members can chime in here but can’t you just source an ARF case back?

Reactions: Jayalvin777

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Even the gen Pepsi-Bezel looks awful sometimes.

This 100%
Most people haven't seen a Rolex Pepsi in real life. Of the people that have been fortunate to see one, they don't know what's going on with the colors because Rolex can't even get the colors right. Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 variances causing Gen owners to doubt other Gen owners.

Reactions: rwacc

srhoque

28/11/18
This 100%
Most people haven't seen a Rolex Pepsi in real life. Of the people that have been fortunate to see one, they don't know what's going on with the colors because Rolex can't even get the colors right. Mk1, Mk2, Mk3 variances causing Gen owners to doubt other Gen owners.

LOL. I have been “fortunate” to see quite a few. There is some weight in what you say though. A person posted last week on the FB Rolex forum, he just got one from AD and it has MK1 colors, no idea how (I though Pepsi stocks clear out very very quickly). So if 2 people compare recent purchases, there is a chance they get different inserts.

Reactions: diamonds

shel504

Renowned Member
26/5/20
LOL. I have been “fortunate” to see quite a few. There is some weight in what you say though. A person posted last week on the FB Rolex forum, he just got one from AD and it has MK1 colors, no idea how (I though Pepsi stocks clear out very very quickly). So if 2 people compare recent purchases, there is a chance they get different inserts.

That alone is absolutely absurd. True, but absolutely absurd. lol

Reactions: diamonds

srhoque

28/11/18
That alone is absolutely absurd. True, but absolutely absurd. lol

That guy’s story was pretty strange too. He mentioned that he had to wait only 1 week to get the watch (he bought another watch and AD offered Pepsi in another week). Couldn’t believe that at all but I guess some people do have that special connection with AD

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
It’s coming, will be released April 31st. Just because VSF had some good Rolex releases...it doesn’t guarantee anything. GMTs are a different ball game. Bi-color inserts with matching hand colors requires a different level of manufacturing/supply chain mastery. Maybe VSF has it but I am not holding my breath...that said I would love to see them release it with the 3286 movement with the 72 hr power reserve

Unfortunately they’re really cracking down overseas and I bet these raids really put them off track for that release. I’m hopeful they’ll come out eventually. Fingers crossed.

wolfiqar

6/6/20
United Kingdom
Ugh... I cannot link apparently.

735946fd12936b4419f1df24d209d8cb.jpg