• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DJ41 126334 Blue Dial Gen vs VSF Comparison

MindOverMoney

Horology Curious
22/11/20
I would also say right is Gen.

It's the dial and the bezel. The bezel of the right one has a warmer light reflection, more Like White Gold. And the right dial Looks more refined and darker.

If that's all bullshit, and the left is Gen, then hell I am getting the VSF DJ haha
​​​

Reactions: Siege79

orangegrünlila

Known Member
1/12/18
EU
Simply crazy how close these both are! VSF seems to do one hell of a job at the moment! I‘d say the right one is the Gen?! But shiii I could be wrong lol

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Right = warmer tones on the bezel, but it could be lighting.
Left = clearer crystal, clearer rehaut, but it could be focus point.
Right = stronger sunburst
Left = richer blue
From the photos = I would say Left is Gen. Fantastic either way. VSF has a winner.

Buythedip

Supporter
Certified
1/2/21
Here and there, but more there
I had to zoom into every photo, but I would say the gen is on the left.

The text appears to be sharper, and the bezel is slightly thinner. From what I have seen the bezel on the VSF looks slightly fatter when you take the time to look, IMO something that would be completely unnoticeable on the wrist.

That said I wouldn’t want to bet a single penny on it! Great rep

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19
Hands are not 3d on left,dial is more saturated which we all know that vsf is more saturated blue than gen,lugs are very nice on this vsf but my eye can see the difference,no doubt left is vsf but thats my trained eye and i know what i need to look

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
SO HERE IS THE RESULT.

IF YOU SAID GEN WAS ON THE RIGHT, THEN YOU ARE CORRECT. WELL DONE!

Here are some more pics with my other VSF on Oyster, which is the Mk 1 dial with 25 slightly wider, though on the wrist its really not that obvious. Have also taken a side on shot to show bezel. Pictures are crap as that's not how I pay for my watches, so you don't need to tell me how bad they are ;).

Gen is now back in the safe and the rep on Oyster will be going up in the sales section shortly. Hate to say it but I almost prefer the rep on jubilee to the gen, the fluted bezel really pops. Heresy I know! Thanks for playing chums and gen is on the left in all the following.
Z4Anos.jpg

Z4A6TY.jpg

Z4A8bD.jpg

Z4At5k.jpg

Z4ABBo.jpg

Z4AQNJ.jpg

Last edited:

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
SO HERE IS THE RESULT.

Here are some more pics with my other VSF on Oyster, which is the Mk 1 dial with 25 slightly wider, though on the wrist its really not that obvious. Have also taken a side on shot to show bezel. Pictures are crap as that's not how I pay for my watches, so you don't need to tell me how bad they are ;).

Gen is now back in the safe and the rep on Oyster will be going up in the sales section shortly. Hate to say it but I almost prefer the rep on jubilee to the gen, the fluted bezel really pops. Heresy I know! Thanks for playing chums and gen is on the left in all the following.

Fantastic shots with different shades of natural lighting my friend!! This is Great!!

So you have 1 gen 1 vsf....and the 3rd one is?

andyr

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/13
England
Meant to mention that I can see no other differences in the pre/post cny dials apart from the 25 correction.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Meant to mention that I can see no other differences in the pre/post cny dials apart from the 25 correction.

There is one more silent upgrade - VSF bezel is now 18K WG. (You have to trust me on this) :thumbup:

This aside - the pics did fool me at first into believing the left is gen. My VSF gets delivered today, looking forward...

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
SO HERE IS THE RESULT.

Z4Anos.jpg

Z4A6TY.jpg

Z4A8bD.jpg

Z4At5k.jpg

Z4ABBo.jpg

Z4AQNJ.jpg

Awesome! Is the rep fluted bezel close to gen? Pics look a little different But I would be interested to hear your opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro