• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DJ41 126334 Blue Dial Gen vs VSF Comparison

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Same angle, Same Lighting and Same position.

See the difference?

ZkDwo2.jpg

CLOSE UP
ZkDdgt.jpg

ZkD4PE.jpg

CLOSE UP
ZkDX4F.jpg

ZknHE3.jpg

ZknZS2.jpg

Zkn3rn.jpg

ZkXTDP.jpg

ZwLOSk.jpg

Last edited:

beanvatan

Renowned Member
26/8/18
United States
The letters on the gen are crisper, and the spacing looks more organized. On the VSF, the leers are looking more compact, and the sunburst on the gen is way more than the Vsf, as well as the color of the gen is darker but vigorous. From the far angle, they are hard to tell, but it's not impossible to know if you know what to look for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jiro

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Those are great shots, too many comparison posts are made with reference pictures of gens taken out from the net. This versus picture serie helps OP, thank you.

Sunburst width is the biggest difference to me here, but this VSF dial is damn close, color tone looks nice. Put it back under a crystal and on a wrist and you have a great DJ here, I really like it.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
With a reflecting crystal on top of this will make it even harder to separate vsf from gen, unless you really know what to look for.

Great comparison pics. You should post this in the official VSF DJ thread as well!

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Nothing to see right there lol, VSF did a sick job, 2 5 spacing has been fixed, just the sunbrust is a little bit different but without the gen next to the rep dial you can't see anything.
Thanks for the pictures mate.

Venniz

26/7/20
Can semeone compare the steel fluted bezel vs white gold fluted bezel ?

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Can semeone compare the steel fluted bezel vs white gold fluted bezel ?
Check the main VSF DJ thread for this.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
jiro Great comparison shots. Do you have more lighting situations and maybe direct sunlight? BTW, did you freeze WB? Not sure if the differences of the background are due to minor differences in exposure or auto WB kicking in.

Last edited:
Reactions: jiro and Bobi01

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
jiro Great comparison shots. Do you have more lighting situations and maybe direct sunlight? BTW, did you freeze WB? Not sure if the differences of the background are due to minor differences in exposure or auto WB kicking in.

It's probably the auto wb. on my crappy cellphone camera lol. I will do some direct sunlight shots later tomorrow when I get a chance for sure.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bobi01

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/2/19

jiro This,more lightning comparison
btw great comparison and thanks a lot
vsf did great job on the tone,the biggest difference is that vsf showing less black,thats why you guys think it is more sunburst on gen.... but overral it is closer than arf because arf missed the blue tone and it is much lighter

Reactions: jiro and Akilles

srhoque

28/11/18
jiro Thank you for taking the time and effort to capture these pics. From the pics, VSF seems to have a great job. However the real comparison is in outdoor sunlight. The gen goes through infinite variations - Ocean Blue to dark (almost black shades) depending on how sunlight hits it. I am looking forward to see if VSF can do the same as well. Thanks again!!

Reactions: Siege79 and jiro

holt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/1/21
Genuine looks a little darker blue to me but damn that is incredible really.

Grfranco

Known Member
26/8/19
Conus
Wow, without a gen next to it or a loop the tells are very hard to distinguish. Thank you for the post. Nice job VSF.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
.....However the real comparison is in outdoor sunlight. The gen goes through infinite variations - Ocean Blue to dark (almost black shades) depending on how sunlight hits it. I am looking forward to see if VSF can do the same as well. Thanks again!!

I agree. I will take some shots outdoor tomorrow.

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
That shade of blue looks dead on with my failing eyes. C'mon VSF, make some Roman numeral Datejusts!

J Belfort

Horology Curious
9/3/21
Munich/Germany
Hi guys,
I’m looking for a Datejust 41 Arabic dial in ice blue. Like the picture down here. I asked Andrew from trusty and he told me he couldn’t get one. I mean there is a DayDate out there with an Arabic dial and the Daytona.
Do you know where I can find a dial like this??

Tobel

6/7/17
Hi guys,
I’m looking for a Datejust 41 Arabic dial in ice blue. Like the picture down here. I asked Andrew from trusty and he told me he couldn’t get one. I mean there is a DayDate out there with an Arabic dial and the Daytona.
Do you know where I can find a dial like this??

I've never seen this as a rep, but maybe you can buy a VSF and sources custom dial and get a modderto install it.

Take a look on eBay, a quick search led me to this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-Rol...45d399b9386cf759dff0|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2334524

Not the colour you're looking for but there seem to be custom dials with Arabic numbers, hopefully you can find a blue one

Reactions: J Belfort