• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF 116710 BLNR Batman

cheww04

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/7/20
I love the Batman GMT but hate the two-tone bracelet. I think it looks better just brushed stainless.

Sent from my SM-G988U using Tapatalk

MrAG

20/1/21
United States
looks pretty good otb...the bezel numbers look a bit shallow. Need to see some QC pics.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=20766
Can anyone give me a bit of advice on this GMT? Why is there a large difference in price compared to the others and is it worth it? I think it looks great but cant see a great difference compared to the other versions at around the $350 mark.
thanks

That's a Noob V10, probably no longer available. It has the worst rep GMT movement.

The Noob V11 has the best rep GMT movement, the VR3185. And its $200 less.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=22093

Last edited:

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Any news on QC pics?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Hi guys, It has been 24 days after I refused the GMT, so far I have not had any other QC. It seems that arf has production problems

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
After a long wait I got my QC on the VRF. I accepted it, it's good enough for me.

That's a very nice looking watch bro. The insert looks a lot like what ARF is using. I wonder if they are sourcing from the same place now. The 18 transition is a little low but not bad. I've seen some ARFs that look exactly like that. Good set of hands, nice rounded corner hour markers. It's a great bonus when you can be happy with a rep OOTB. Congrats!

Last edited:
Reactions: JordanEleven

bupeapoop

5/9/20
The font and the overall thickness of those bezel numbers looks great too! VRF really are turning out some really nice GMTs at the minute!

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

malfa

Certified
17/8/09
Conus
How do these compare to the new Cf release?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lew

3/7/21
Interested in this too. It's cheaper than CF

jdoc77

Known Member
Certified
8/4/20
That's a very nice looking watch bro. The insert looks a lot like what ARF is using. I wonder if they are sourcing from the same place now. The 18 transition is a little low but not bad. I've seen some ARFs that look exactly like that. Good set of hands, nice rounded corner hour markers. It's a great bonus when you can be happy with a rep OOTB. Congrats!

My ARF had that exact transition. Same number style as well. Add a paint mod to that and the watch is a stunner. Not to pour cold water on It but it’s such a shame that transition is so off. Could be near perfect if so. But ain’t that the rep game for ya??

Sent from the RWI App

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
I think I may pull the trigger on one of these. I’m awaiting QC pics for a clean version BLRO which have just been released but it I fancy a Batman now too. The QC pics on page 6 of this thread look amazing and the insert looks superb with nice thick numbers as opposed to some of the skinnier ones.

am I right in thinking that the VRF version is spot on in terms of shape, lugs, CG’s on both their 116710 and 126710 BLNR’s? Are both just as good as each other in that regard?

Mancster

Renowned Member
Certified
27/8/17
KJ2020 Anyone? Would really value your opinion here as you seem to have spoken highly of this watch throughout this thread?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I think I may pull the trigger on one of these. I’m awaiting QC pics for a clean version BLRO which have just been released but it I fancy a Batman now too. The QC pics on page 6 of this thread look amazing and the insert looks superb with nice thick numbers as opposed to some of the skinnier ones.

am I right in thinking that the VRF version is spot on in terms of shape, lugs, CG’s on both their 116710 and 126710 BLNR’s? Are both just as good as each other in that regard?

VRF uses the same case for both 116710 and 126710 which is different in gen. 116710 has thicker lugs and thicker CGs. But now the new 126710 BLNR on oyster appears to be the same case shape as the rest of the gen SS GMTs so I think the minor variations in case shapes can be overlooked as they are present even in gens. VRF arguably has the best dial. There are two different sets of hands they can come with though, one set is noticeably better. That seems to be a batch issue and not likely to change from one current QC to the next. VRF crystals are not great and will usually require replacing.

This is on two Pepsi's but can be on the Batman too - hands on the right are much better
Z1zEAR.jpg

Overall VRF is a solid choice, might need to change the crystal.

Reactions: RiffRalf