• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF 116710 BLNR Batman

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Im sorry for getting off topic but I haven't been able to stop thinking about that watch all day haha
I have to know... KJ2020 where did you get that blue gmt insert from???

Haha, yeah that's one of my fav's too. Insert came from here:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/38-MM-Ceram...Cclp%3A2334524

Most aftermarket inserts come with white marker fill, which needs to be dug out prior to refilling with silver.

Ceramic insert paint mod

KJ2020 Paint Mod

15947428389667.jpg

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

Known Member
28/2/21
Florida
I wonder why can't anyone get the blue insert dark enough :confused:. Also those custom Rolex styles are amazing. ;) I wish that someday Tudor would bring back the Blue Tudor Submariner Snowflake with the cyclops of course :p I love that watch. Such a classic piece.

Reactions: KJ2020

Slugger

Absent Minded Professor
Supporter
Certified
17/9/20
CONUS
That blue green combination caught my eye. Nice touch with the green GMT-Master II and DEEPSEA lettering and on the green arm on the GMT hand. Between the GMT and Sea-Dweller, I prefer the Sea-Dweller’s green, it reminds me of the Seattle Seahawks (American) football team’s colors.

The blue dial/insert combo is interesting but they are definitely not the same blue. Perhaps they may be metamers (ie match in some lighting and not in others) but that particular watch would be distracting for me.

Overall though nice watches and thank you for being creative and sharing your creations. One of the things about reps is everyone wants theirs to look like a gen. What’s funny is that some people will spend a lot of money to go the opposite way and mod their gens to not look like every other one.

Because the reps are getting so good, I think it’s only a matter of time until we start seeing more creativity. Engraving, colors, hands, lettering...I say bring it on!

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That blue green combination caught my eye. Nice touch with the green GMT-Master II and DEEPSEA lettering and on the green arm on the GMT hand. Between the GMT and Sea-Dweller, I prefer the Sea-Dweller’s green, it reminds me of the Seattle Seahawks (American) football team’s colors.

The blue dial/insert combo is interesting but they are definitely not the same blue. Perhaps they may be metamers (ie match in some lighting and not in others) but that particular watch would be distracting for me.

Overall though nice watches and thank you for being creative and sharing your creations. One of the things about reps is everyone wants theirs to look like a gen. What’s funny is that some people will spend a lot of money to go the opposite way and mod their gens to not look like every other one.

Because the reps are getting so good, I think it’s only a matter of time until we start seeing more creativity. Engraving, colors, hands, lettering...I say bring it on!

I always have 3 or 4 in the queue. They all get posted in the thread below

A FG Hulk is coming soon
JuOQs.jpg

The Fantasy Watch Thread

Reactions: jiro

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Can someone send KJs resume over to Rolex,
holy shit that gold hulk is so nice

giphy.gif

Haha, I wish bro. If I ran the circus there would always be some surprises coming! That FG Hulk pic is from someome on the internet whose graphic artist is way more skilled than me. Though I did want one before seeing that. It's a logical next step and I wouldn't be surprised to see it come back as a 126618.

Last edited:

randomstring

5/1/13
Augh, love that gold LV. Only problem is Rolex’s ads alway show their ceramic bezels as slightly metallic and in the metal they’ve always looked weird to me against the sunburst dial.

a sunburst 16618LV with a champagne DW would be my dark fantasy.

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Guys someone bought this Batman vrf v2? I asked TT if it has it available, it is not present on its site

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Augh, love that gold LV. Only problem is Rolex’s ads alway show their ceramic bezels as slightly metallic and in the metal they’ve always looked weird to me against the sunburst dial.

a sunburst 16618LV with a champagne DW would be my dark fantasy.

Really hate to keep de-railing this thread but this is too good not to share.

Zkg6BL.jpg

I'll take one of those, yes please haha.

:derailed:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Yes I saw, the insert looks very nice. I asked TrustyTime if they can get me the one with the jubilee bracelet

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

It doesn't appear that the V2 has been released with Jubilee yet. VRF did the same thing with their initial release, the 126710 did not come out for several months. One member got one early with a Jubilee. Some TDs will go that extra mile if you pay extra for a second bracelet.

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20