• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New VRF 116710 BLNR Batman

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Gonna have to disagree with you on that one. I’m by no means an expert but the I still think the ARF insert is the best bet. This seems too bright and (even though some gens have it) the transition at 18 would bother me.

IMO since this has the VR3185 I feel like a decent build would be the VR base + ARF insert + gen DW and crystal + ARF bracelet (if the quality has returned to what it once was).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough, although no one know for sure since we're all looking at the pictures. Need to see IRL to be more certain.

I have 2 ARF bezel insert and thought this one looks tad bit darker but who know, it could be lighting or adjusting contrast while editing.

I wouldn't go with vrf as a base for franken until we somewhat confirms that's it is what the picture says it is.

For now, I "think" Noob v11 which has so called VR3185 as a base and ARF insert with gen crystal would be a good start.

Reactions: JonathanLing91

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The short hand is wrong for a Batgirl, this one belongs to the 116710BLNR. Doesn't matter because I think a BLNR's only a BLNR on an Oyster, but I'll wait for VSF's take anyway.

BLNR is part of the full model number for both 116710 and 126710 bro. It means Bleu Noir, referring to the insert colors.

No factory that I know of does different sets of hands for the 11x and 12x models. BP/GMF and V9F do long hands for both models, others do short hands for both models.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?mai...word=Rolgmt blnr&inc_subcat=0&sort=20a&page=1

It will indeed be nice to see what VSF does with GMTs, until then I think most of us can still be pretty satisfied with some combination of ARF, Noob and VRF. These models are so much better than what we had just a couple years ago.

Reactions: OldNavitimer

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
[mention]KJ2020 [/mention] if you were to build a lightly frankened piece would u start with this as a base? Or an ARF?

I would still pick a Noob V11 as a base bro. Add an ARF insert and done if you want. Noob has an acceptable crystal OOTB IMO if you aren't overly picky, same for the VR3185 datewheel.

This VRF or even the new ROF are viable alternatives, both would need crystal replacements. Both inserts are usable as is IMO. Compared to what we've seen in the recent past, they are very nice.

I don't like ARF CGs, even for a 126710. They are too skinny. And the movement needs to be replaced, so I won't be going down that route.

I'm still happy with my Noob V8 2836 ICHS with aftermarket paint modded insert. There's a whole lot to be said for quickset date changing. I hate hour jumping to change the date even on my gen.

For the ~$325 price range, this rep is fine for me atm. I don't have to have the latest and greatest of everything. I try to be happy with OOTB as much as possible.

15703086604570.jpg

Last edited:

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
I would still pick a Noob V11 as a base bro. Add an ARF insert and done if you want. Noob has an acceptable crystal OOTB IMO if you aren't overly picky, same for the VR3185 datewheel.

This VRF or even the new ROF are viable alternatives, both would need crystal replacements. Both inserts are usable as is IMO. Compared to what we've seen in the recent past, they are very nice.

I don't like ARF CGs, even for a 126710. They are too skinny. And the movement needs to be replaced, so I won't be going down that route.

I'm still happy with my Noob V8 2836 ICHS with aftermarket paint modded insert. There's a whole lot to be said for quickset date changing. I hate hour jumping to change the date even on my gen.

For the ~$325 price range, this rep is fine for me atm. I don't have to have the latest and greatest of everything. I try to be happy with OOTB as much as possible.

15703086604570.jpg

Thanks for input bro. Quick follow up given your experience with the GMT movements... Is the VR3185 a relatively straightforward swap into the Noob V11 case?

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Noob V11 BLNR and LNs come with the VR3185. Noob V11 BLROs come with the 2824 CHS timebomb. Noob is still cashing in on its Pepsi inserts. Those models are $200 more and a cheaper movement to boot.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
BLNR is part of the full model number for both 116710 and 126710 bro. It means Bleu Noir, referring to the insert colors.

No factory that I know of does different sets of hands for the 11x and 12x models. BP/GMF and V9F do long hands for both models, others do short hands for both models.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?mai...word=Rolgmt blnr&inc_subcat=0&sort=20a&page=1

It will indeed be nice to see what VSF does with GMTs, until then I think most of us can still be pretty satisfied with some combination of ARF, Noob and VRF. These models are so much better than what we had just a couple years ago.

No need to lecture anyone about this model. You know what I meant and if I was really too metaphoric, here's the same message in "restricted code" as linguists would call it: that watch looks like crap on a Jubilee.

I also don't care why the factories are too lazy to use correct hands for each model. They're different between the two watches so the reps should reflect that.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
No need to lecture anyone about this model. You know what I meant and if I was really too metaphoric, here's the same message in "restricted code" as linguists would call it: that watch looks like crap on a Jubilee.

I also don't care why the factories are too lazy to use correct hands for each model. They're different between the two watches so the reps should reflect that.

Sorry if I offended you bro, as your statement was indeed too metaphoric for me. I am a much more literal thinker and I don't agree that a Batman with Jubilee looks like crap so I never would have made that leap.

You make a valid point about the hands length but I decided long ago not to demand 100% accuracy to gen from reps I want to buy. I place much more importance on whether or not I like what I see on my wrist. I make a lot of unique creations, many of which I Iike much more than what Master Rolex deems we should own.

16150745743630.jpg

16150562343388.jpg

15810142499259.jpg

15678680452960.jpg

15651560019370.jpg

Many more here

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...r-design-chops

Last edited:

wolfiqar

6/6/20
United Kingdom
Sorry if I offended you bro, as your statement was indeed too metaphoric for me. I am a much more literal thinker and I don't agree that a Batman with Jubilee looks like crap so I never would have made that leap.

You make a valid point about the hands length but I decided long ago not to demand 100% accuracy to gen from reps I want to buy. I place much more importance on whether or not I like what I see on my wrist. I make a lot of unique creations, many of which I Iike much more that what Master Rolex deems we should own.

16150745743630.jpg

16150562343388.jpg

15810142499259.jpg

15678680452960.jpg

15651560019370.jpg

Many more here

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...antasy-watch-thread-show-us-your-design-chops

Some absolutely stunning pieces you have. ????????

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06

You make a valid point about the hands length but I decided long ago not to demand 100% accuracy to gen from reps I want to buy. I place much more importance on whether or not I like what I see on my wrist. I make a lot of unique creations, many of which I Iike much more that what Master Rolex deems we should own.
giphy.gif

Well said KJ. Much respect bro.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania

You make a valid point about the hands length but I decided long ago not to demand 100% accuracy to gen from reps I want to buy. I place much more importance on whether or not I like what I see on my wrist. I make a lot of unique creations, many of which I Iike much more than what Master Rolex deems we should own.
No hard feelings, bro. I can take a beating just as much as I like to kick ass. :drinks_cheers:

I'm also not too pedantic about all details, but this one's actually quite easy to solve. Doesn't take much more effort than creating a new pad for the dial print.

Great idea with the green bezel on the GMT II. A modern Blueberry would also be nice, not sure if there's a full blue ceramic GMT II bezel available on the aftermarket.

muiramas "Restricted Code" (TM), please. You heard it here first. :cool:

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I make a lot of unique creations, many of which I Iike much more than what Master Rolex deems we should own.

Mods - I am going to ask for this again (probably the 5th time asking), don't let this guy post wrist shots. Every time he does it...I get ideas, place a new order and get threatened by Wife about my name being taken off of all joint accounts.

domsdaddy123

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
6/8/15
Does anyone have a closeup pic of the #6 on this new bezel?

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Im sorry for getting off topic but I haven't been able to stop thinking about that watch all day haha
I have to know... KJ2020 where did you get that blue gmt insert from???

nunada

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/5/19
EU
I gotta say it popped in my mind a couple of times as well since I saw it this morning! It's a beuty indeed