• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob Factory Latest V12 Submariner with Improved Dial and Movement

btocamelo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/09
I've watched the factory improvements over the past 12-13 years and it's all been impressive in the last few years, you can tell the factories like Noob have invested in machines that produce tighter tolerances and precision.

I have always used One main comparison between the RLX GEN and REPs, since the early days, the SEL fit on the >backside< of the case. Compare that to the GEN and the precision machining of the SEL horns to precisely follow the lug machining of the case is the one last detail that the factories were trying to get right. If you have ever tried to remove the bracelet on a modern GEN RLX oyster, you will know what I am talking about. However, the past REP factory problem was a Cost vs Detail issue, and that last .0001 precision of machining and details on REP cases, parts and bracelets is what really costs the extra $$$$.

I agree with you that Noob's machining and fitment of the V12 has reached that 99% to Rolex ... and I have several GEN Rolex to compare and contrast. I buy REPs to protect my GEN collection, and the knowledge I have picked up over the decade on these sites has been extremely valuable.

Others that hate what NOOB does by putting out a crazy number of versions .. I understand, it is a business model after all, and the guy looks like he continues to invest in advanced machining and tools to produce some of the best REPs, hands down .. whether PAMs or RLX. To many the VSF or the ZZF may look better in some areas of the dial or bezel ... but for me, this V12 is adequate and a masterpiece for sure.

If you do not have in your collection and want to pick up the latest Green Sub ... you can't go wrong with the V12. Especially if you are also considering adding GEN parts later on ... but honestly, you can wear this thing as it is, just the latest improvements and the level of detail ... anyone, even seasoned guys, would have a hard time telling the difference.

Z78MWQ.jpg
Z78ufR.jpg
Z78slL.jpg

left are ZZFV3 and right are Noob V12. Noob dial.is slightly darker green. Bracelet of noob clasp are better made especially the close hatch with less sharp edge. SEL of Noob , surprisingly is better. But ZZF bracelet feels more substantial.

The differences between both watches are very minor. Unless u place both watches together. It's very difficult to pick out the minor thing.

I will say the rep industries has reach a stage where, Rolex rep can almost match the gen 95%. Unlike 10 years ago, where Rolex sub rep has so much flaw despite the price that time was much cheaper compare to now.

You wouldn't go wrong with ZZF V3 or Noob V12 but with better bezel click and SEL, for me, I will pick the Noob one.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalev007

Hussain1986

Known Member
11/3/21
I've watched the factory improvements over the past 12-13 years and it's all been impressive in the last few years, you can tell the factories like Noob have invested in machines that produce tighter tolerances and precision.

I have always used One main comparison between the RLX GEN and REPs, since the early days, the SEL fit on the >backside< of the case. Compare that to the GEN and the precision machining of the SEL horns to precisely follow the lug machining of the case is the one last detail that the factories were trying to get right. If you have ever tried to remove the bracelet on a modern GEN RLX oyster, you will know what I am talking about. However, the past REP factory problem was a Cost vs Detail issue, and that last .0001 precision of machining and details on REP cases, parts and bracelets is what really costs the extra $$$$.

I agree with you that Noob's machining and fitment of the V12 has reached that 99% to Rolex ... and I have several GEN Rolex to compare and contrast. I buy REPs to protect my GEN collection, and the knowledge I have picked up over the decade on these sites has been extremely valuable.

Others that hate what NOOB does by putting out a crazy number of versions .. I understand, it is a business model after all, and the guy looks like he continues to invest in advanced machining and tools to produce some of the best REPs, hands down .. whether PAMs or RLX. To many the VSF or the ZZF may look better in some areas of the dial or bezel ... but for me, this V12 is adequate and a masterpiece for sure.

If you do not have in your collection and want to pick up the latest Green Sub ... you can't go wrong with the V12. Especially if you are also considering adding GEN parts later on ... but honestly, you can wear this thing as it is, just the latest improvements and the level of detail ... anyone, even seasoned guys, would have a hard time telling the difference.

given the fact that VSF is out of stock, what would you recommend for a black sub 116610; ZF, CLEAN or NOOB V12?

stanleebobyolo

Known Member
2/10/19
At the risk of gettng my head bitten off; it sounded like JVS was probably the best looking 126610lv out there, however the comparisons I've seen of it are only against CF. Now that the dust is settled and we know what we can actually get from a TD, how does the Noob line up against the CF and JVS? All the info I've found so far is comparing Noob vs VSF, which doesn't really help