• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Possible Issue with 1st Rep - SD43 Noob

ButterCakes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/10/19
I just received my QC pics from a TD for my first Rolex rep (Noob SD43). The date numbers (21) look a little off to me (font) and wanted to double check on here along with any other things members might notice before approving it. (photos attached).
ZXoWMW.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
I'm definitely no rep pro, but Certainly looks thick. Rolex does make their 1 look like a capital "I" though... Weird. ;)

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Try and swap the watch for the new XF sd43 or wait for the VSF model to release. Noob and ARF models are old news now and not as accurately repped as these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Try and swap the watch for the new XF sd43 or wait for the VSF model to release. Noob and ARF models are old news now and not as accurately repped as these.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Agree with this. Change the order if you can - the Noob is a couple of years behind the XF - and it really shows.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Thats my noob v10 (on the right), compared to gen.
It has arf dial/hands - but overall the Noob is a really good rep. Case, bezel etc. is spot on.

ZXyoLs.jpg
ZXyqrY.jpg

Last edited:

ButterCakes

26/10/19
Thanks for the info and pics! Do you know if InTime offers the new XF sd43? Or, is it available from another TD?

ButterCakes

26/10/19
Here is the latest QC pic. The "3" looks way off to me. Just asked the TD if they carry the new XF version.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
Looks off to me too, does it not sit too low in the window, as in it’s not centered, 3 is also vertically not centered I guess

ButterCakes

26/10/19
What is the standard procedure with a TD if I'm not happy with the QC pics? Do they usually offer a refund or a credit toward another watch? I'm waiting to hear back from them on whether they carry the XF version.

ButterCakes

26/10/19
@Itto - The one I ordered is a Noob V8. Do you know if there is a big difference between the V8 and V10?

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Tbh i always thought the v8 was 316f and the v10 is 904l steel. Might be wrong tho. Other that than, i really don't know.

ButterCakes

26/10/19
@Itto - Thanks for the info. I will probably hold out for the XF version. I looked again on the TD's site that I ordered this Noob on and the XF is not listed (just Noob/ARF/VRF). Do you know if TDs can order/trade with other TDs?

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
A td should be able to source any watch. I'm pretty sure he can get it.

ButterCakes

26/10/19
So, it’s been 3 days now since I told the TD/QC about the date issues and that I wasn’t approving the SD43. I haven’t heard anything back yet on whether they carry the XF version. Is it possible to just cancel the order and get a refund or do TDs usually want to do an exchange? I ordered the watch on 2/22 after the TD confirmed it was in stock.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
I think your issue here is your understanding of QC pics. You seem to be saying that you don't like how your date font looks compared to the Gen. It's definitely not great, but that's your fault for choosing a shitty Rep. QC pics are simply to check that you're getting the correct watch you ordered and to make sure there are no flaws compared to other Noob v8s. Sure, your TD might let you change watches or refund (probably subject to a restocking fee), but you should really research your watches better before you buy and hopefully avoid this situation. Good luck either way.

Last edited:

GrandmasterChime

Agent Provocateur
Supporter
Certified
6/1/19
New Zealand
I think your issue here is your understanding of QC pics. You seem to be saying that you don't like how your date font looks compared to the Gen. It's definitely not great, but that's your fault for choosing a shitty Rep. QC pics are simply to check that your getting the correct watch you ordered and to make sure there are no flaws compared to other Noob v8s. Sure, your TD might let you change watches or refund (probably subject to a restocking fee), but you should really research your watches better before you buy and hopefully avoid this situation. Good luck either way.
I think he has FOMO more so than a qc issue.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

ButterCakes

26/10/19
GingerBubba - Gotcha. So, the TD could have already shipped the watch out to me and I really have no recourse (unless the watch is defective)?

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Did you respond to the QC pics? Most dealers have T&Cs saying they'll assume you've approved it if they haven't heard to the contrary within 24hrs.

GingerBubba

24/10/17
Looks like it. I'm not sure it's deffo the best, but it's up there for sure and a lot better than the Noob.