• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Anyone Polish the area between the bezel Teeth on a SUB or GMT?

JJS123

12/3/18
Conus
if done properly with the right tools super genlike finish can be achieved.
cape cod is definitly not the right tool, but it will produce some nice results.

FOcBI.jpg

Can you please go into more detail with what tools you used to get that finish because that looks great?

yosimiz

Known Member
11/8/12
I do some case "genifaction" work locally here (word of mount)
it's a two stage polishing, had to develop and create my own tools, sort of my trade secret mate

breitlingwatch

11/9/10
Gen has alternating polished and satin brushed surfaces on the bezel. That’s what makes it pop. At some angles, the scallops on gen have shadows cast on the surfaces giving a stark contrast between the scallops and polished bezel ring.

If you simply use cape-cod over the entire bezel, it will ruin/diminish the brushed surfaces giving low contrast between the two types of finish. Personally I would not attempt to mod a rep bezel....it will make the whole thing shiny which is not gen spec

From what it looks like the Gen bezel is is polished on the top, Satin in between the teeth and brushed at the bottom. With some pretty basic tools and a steady hand you can probably get a much better finish with some modding. Looks like people have gotten some pretty good results here.

breitlingwatch

11/9/10
if done properly with the right tools super genlike finish can be achieved.
cape cod is definitly not the right tool, but it will produce some nice results.

FOcBI.jpg

Any more info on how to do this? this is exactly what I had in mind

breitlingwatch

11/9/10
I do some case "genifaction" work locally here (word of mount)
it's a two stage polishing, had to develop and create my own tools, sort of my trade secret mate

Ooops. I missed this post. Where are you located? and what does this cost?

matty1938

Supporter
Certified
16/5/16
How did this thread go dead it’s still relevant to this day apart from vsf I think they are all still dull