Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Polish the area between the bezel Teeth on a SUB or GMT?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use a pegwood stick...

Comment

Gen has alternating polished and satin brushed surfaces on the bezel. That’s what makes it pop. At some angles, the scallops on gen have shadows cast on the surfaces giving a stark contrast between the scallops and polished bezel ring.

If you simply use cape-cod over the entire bezel, it will ruin/diminish the brushed surfaces giving low contrast between the two types of finish. Personally I would not attempt to mod a rep bezel....it will make the whole thing shiny which is not gen spec

Comment

I would love to see some high quality pics of before and after polishing. When doing this does it remove some of the sharp jagged edges that are in some of the teeth of the bezel? I've always thought about doing this but have been afraid to damage the bezel.

Comment

if done properly with the right tools super genlike finish can be achieved.
          cape cod is definitly not the right tool, but it will produce some nice results.

Comment

Another comparison
            Before and after, same watch same bezel of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by yosimiz View Post
              cape cod is definitly not the right tool, but it will produce some nice results.

Can you please go into more detail with what tools you used to get that finish because that looks great?

Comment

I do some case "genifaction" work locally here (word of mount)
                it's a two stage polishing, had to develop and create my own tools, sort of my trade secret mate

Comment

Originally posted by KSwatches View Post
                  Gen has alternating polished and satin brushed surfaces on the bezel. That’s what makes it pop. At some angles, the scallops on gen have shadows cast on the surfaces giving a stark contrast between the scallops and polished bezel ring.

If you simply use cape-cod over the entire bezel, it will ruin/diminish the brushed surfaces giving low contrast between the two types of finish. Personally I would not attempt to mod a rep bezel....it will make the whole thing shiny which is not gen spec
                  From what it looks like the Gen bezel is is polished on the top, Satin in between the teeth and brushed at the bottom. With some pretty basic tools and a steady hand you can probably get a much better finish with some modding. Looks like people have gotten some pretty good results here.

Comment

Any more info on how to do this? this is exactly what I had in mind

Comment

I do some case "genifaction" work locally here (word of mount)
                      it's a two stage polishing, had to develop and create my own tools, sort of my trade secret mate
                      Ooops. I missed this post. Where are you located? and what does this cost?

Comment

Originally posted by capice01 View Post
                        I use a pegwood stick...
                        What size?

would you happen to have a link?

Comment

How did this thread go dead it’s still relevant to this day apart from vsf I think they are all still dull

Comment

Working...
                          X