• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Make a Rotor removal tool - DIY

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sometimes rep factories use annoying methods to attach rotor screws. The VSF 3235 has one with a triangular hole in the rotor screw head. Some ARF models and others can have this arrangement also.

You can make your own removal tool pretty fast if you have a dremel and an assortment of bits or Allen wrenches lying around. Just grind the bit into a triangle head and voila. These won't win any beauty contests but they will get the job done.

ZTNgjb.jpg

ZTNx2c.jpg

ZTRZk5.jpg

ZTRDOp.jpg

ZTNJ6X.jpg

ZTNVvi.jpg

Last edited:

ap@12

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/12/12
The hole in that rotor on rep is same as on gen
Rolex has indicated tool for that
I will send the picture later tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

they are also availble at ebay

Reactions: KJ2020

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
It fits to 2mm screwdriver slot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike, is that tool available for purchase anywhere? I have not see one that fits a screwdriver. That's nice!

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
I know I'm reviving an old thread here, but wondering if a TA14 or TA18 triangular screwdriver would work? I see I can buy the specific 3235 tool on AliExpress for $20, or on ebay for $40... but I can buy a set of 5 TA screwdrivers on Amazon for $10 including the small 1.4mm size one. The sizing of TA bits is the size in mm from the tip of one triangle point to the midpoint on the opposite side. I opened the back of my Clean DJ41 which has a VR3235, and it looks like the triangular hole looks like it's closer to 1.0mm. KJ2020 is that about the size of your DIY tool?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I know I'm reviving an old thread here, but wondering if a TA14 or TA18 triangular screwdriver would work? I see I can buy the specific 3235 tool on AliExpress for $20, or on ebay for $40... but I can buy a set of 5 TA screwdrivers on Amazon for $10 including the small 1.4mm size one. The sizing of TA bits is the size in mm from the tip of one triangle point to the midpoint on the opposite side. I opened the back of my Clean DJ41 which has a VR3235, and it looks like the triangular hole looks like it's closer to 1.0mm. KJ2020 is that about the size of your DIY tool?

Mine measures about 1.05mm per side bro but it's not a perfect equilateral triangle. That 1.4mm screwdriver bit would be easy to shave down a tad. Your estimate of the rotor hole size is accurate I believe.

Reactions: dogwood