• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bunch of VSF on order...but which would you drop?

MarkMarky

Renowned Member
30/6/13
USA
i honestly wish there were better APs and Patek's. Give me a good 5168 blue dial. Give me a decent AP chrono that works and its 16mm deep.

I read so often folks want to rock 5168 and 5711 and I can't think of any situation where it doesn't look fake watch. There's no way you can rock 100k watches while doing grocery, running errands or walking in a mall especially majority of the folks. If you wear infront of known people and posing as gen, you need be living in 5 million dollar house.

Last edited:

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
I read so often folks want to rock 5168 and 5711 and I can't think of any situation where it doesn't look fake watch. There's no way you can rock 100k watches while doing grocery, running errands or walking in a mall especially majority of the folks. If you wear infront of known people and posing as gen, you need be living in 5 million dollar house.

Love the 5711 but for similar reasons to your own and never really having the opportunity to wear it I haven’t pulled the trigger on one. I had a DD on the other day and had to pop into a shop for a few things and felt like a knob.

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Not sure how this helps you, but I personally don't like the Datejust and the America's Cup PO. Explanation:

1. A Datejust without fluted bezel doesn't qualify as Datejust.

2. The America's Cup PO looks odd due to the fully red dial numbers. The gen looks muuuuuch nicer due to the blue base material.

kevBquick

9/10/18

this gets into a different subject and while the 5711 just turned to sold out. it was a 30k watch. and the 5167...sorry if i typed 8 is a 20k watch. i know a guy who pours concrete that is on his 3rd gen 5167. so "talk" is relative. however i can pull of the watch just fine in my lifestyle. and rich people don't ever feel the need to fit this stereotype. so you may feel like a knob or whatever the case is.
but i don't. while i don't bring attention to my watches, i will wear them. i don't care if i have to go to the grocery store. considering these watches are reps of older year models and not 2020 for example. its definitely doable in my lifestyle and affordable. and i mean the 30k. i would never pay 100k for a 30k watch. but lets move on from this. i started buying gens 15yrs ago. people already know i buy watches. now with reps being so close to gen....i personally no longer feel the need to spend that money. i think you grow up a bit. and if you have ungodly money you buy whatever you want when you want. even michael jackson went broke or tyson or 50 cent. but i'd rather have diversity than just 5 gens. so rock what you want or whatever feels comfortable. i have no judgements unless your posting a wristy of your RM in your Hyundai then yeah i would prolly say something.