• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Bunch of VSF on order...but which would you drop?

kevBquick

9/10/18
So here is the order list.
VSF Starbucks
VSF Yachtmaster I
VSF DJ2 Rhodium dial with smooth bezel
VSF Omega America's cup

ROLSUB0343B_11.jpg

ROLYM189_11.jpg

R2DJ0272_00.jpg

So the omega is a watch i'm buying for my dad.
The 3 rolexes are for me. I have a RG yachtmaster I from VR that I very much like. it 40mm. Fits
nice. I like the oysterflex strap on it. Does well when you have it sized right.

But if you had one to pick that you would opt out of. I own one DJ2 I have a blue dial which is great.
I have no grey or rhodium dials.

I have the smurf, black dial for subs and the GMTs i have the pepsi , rootbeer, batman. YG black dial sub., Daytonas of course.
Was gonna drop the 2k but now i feel like 1500 should be the max for the month. So one rolex has to go.

Which do you pick?

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
This is all very personal but for me the most boring is the datejust, especially because it's on an oyster bracelet and flat bezel

Reactions: moises3198

kevBquick

9/10/18
This is all very personal but for me the most boring is the datejust, especially because it's on an oyster bracelet and flat bezel

its very subjective/personal preference, so i get that. but if people were picking 2 of 3 which would be there's. So i appreciate your feedback.

i honestly wish there were better APs and Patek's. Give me a good 5168 blue dial. Give me a decent AP chrono that works and its 16mm deep. love a lot of the AP chronos but can't pull a trigger on a non-working chrono. thats just me. the color combinations i would have a ton of those.

So bored with this. but i feel like these are some key pieces in their own right.

Last edited:

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
its very subjective/personal preference, so i get that. but if people were picking 2 of 3 which would be there's. So i appreciate your feedback.

i honestly wish there were better APs and Patek's. Give me a good 5168 blue dial. Give me a decent AP chrono that works and its 16mm deep. love a lot of the AP chronos but can't pull a trigger on a non-working chrono. thats just me. the color combinations i would have a ton of those.

So bored with this. but i feel like these are some key pieces in their own right.

I hear you. I don't know which pieces you already own, but an AP 15400 or 15500 blue or white would, IMO be a better substitute for the datejust. Or even a 15202, but both XF and ZF have their flaws
And if I were to go for a datejust I'd take the jubilee and fluted bezel

Again this is my opinion :)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Drop the Datejust. If you must get one of those get one with the fluted bezel and Jubilee.

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
Ym, you’ve already got one in RG, ss is meh and too similar to a sub. Im not massive on green but the vsf Kermit is pretty nice, adds some colour to the sub range and offers more than the ym . I’d always take a fluted bezel on a DJ but I’m opening up to the smooth bezel, smooth bezel, grey dial, ss is clean, oyster bracelet is sporty if you’re worried about jubilee being too dressy but oyster can still be dressed up or down with a T-shirt or shirt.

I might actually pull the trigger on a smooth bezel to wear to work in rotation with my sub. Fluted bezel is a bit much for the office/site.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
i have I have a VSF blue dial fluted bezel on jubilee. ;)

Thats a good one indeed. I think I’ll get the Rhodium, but I’m not sure its available on the jubilee yet. The ‘basic’ Datejust is just odd to me - like another Oyster Perpetual...

kevBquick

9/10/18
I hear you. I don't know which pieces you already own, but an AP 15400 or 15500 blue or white would, IMO be a better substitute for the datejust. Or even a 15202, but both XF and ZF have their flaws
And if I were to go for a datejust I'd take the jubilee and fluted bezel

Again this is my opinion :)

I have a JF 15300 black dial. Love this piece.
zf 15400 in RG that I’ve worn 2 times. I really need to sell. Blue dial.

kevBquick

9/10/18
I have a few omegas. And 3 IWCs. Couple breitlings. Tons of Rolex. Gens in Rolex, omega and breitling.

oh and I have a ppf v4 5711 white dial, zf 5167 black dial, and a zf 5296.

so my Rolex collection is a lot of black faces right. 116610LN. All the gmts. YG sub c. Daytona other than platona only because the sub dials aren’t right yet.

I get the YM is another black face. I guess I like it because it’s bigger than the RG YM and stealth like for the black face and all black bezel plus on rubber it can take a beating. But at the same time yeah I feel it close to my RG. But it is bigger.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
You need something green. I would drop the others since you already have those covered. But i would go all green and get a VSF Hulk.
if it were my money i would get the Omega AT world timer and/or the JLC Master Geographic.
Variety is the spice of life!

kevBquick

9/10/18
I just can’t do the hulk.

the others are not bad options

i like jlc a lot. However their faux leather strap really bother me. Like on my PP 5296. So I had to get real straps. Same on my IWC le petit prince. Replaced from faux leather with gen. Love that watch.

kevBquick

9/10/18
Starbucks and YM42 and America’s cup ordered. Thx for the input all.
smooth DJ will be next on list unless some APs or PPs come our way that are finally worth our time.

Reactions: APjumbo

Snil

Certified
18/8/20
Nordic
I like the DJ with smooth bezel. As much as I like the YM I’d probably drop that.

Star70

Renowned Member
Certified
19/1/20
I have the subs from vsf and the yachtmaster,they are all very very good,and the yachtmaster is extremely gen like apart from the obvious weight difference between gold and steel.but it comes down to your personal preference,good luck

APjumbo

Just one more
Supporter
Certified
11/1/11
Canada
Good choice

y first thought was YM42 but then you said you already had a Datejust
I would rather have multiple divers and only one DJ