• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Replica -v- Genuine thread

j21

wawaweewa
Supporter
Certified
16/1/21
EU
What a beautiful comparison.Ordered a vsf 126610 kermit from sead and soon will be in my hands.Do you think the 126.... Vsf are in the same level as this 116... Series?Because those are identical,lets hope soon for a 126vsf comparison also

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
What a beautiful comparison.Ordered a vsf 126610 kermit from sead and soon will be in my hands.Do you think the 126.... Vsf are in the same level as this 116... Series?Because those are identical,lets hope soon for a 126vsf comparison also

We need to see a side by side comparison to be sure. They are certainly as good a watch and if VSF applied the same tech to the 12 series, then I’m sure it’ll be 1:1 as well. I have both 12’s by VSF and they are great.

Reactions: j21

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Awesome. I really can't tell the difference. If I were a betting man I would say gen on the right.

Which I assume gives away?

Sososo close I agree.

Right is Gen in the 4th Pic from the top. You can tell by the hour hand.

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Thank you very much. They are really same...OMG!

Debellum

Old and Famous
Patron
29/6/12
Italy
StreetFighter , You made a great thread... :)
Really cool pics and the differences between the two are really minimal. Even without any mods. The first thing I noticed is the difference of the Glidelock Crown , which is a bit different from the gen , but nothing irreparable :D
For the rest , the classic : "Buy , take out of the box , wear".
But if you want to throw your money in the landfil , go ahead and do some mods with gen parts..... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Junio M.

Last edited:

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Great post! in some of your pics i can see some slight difference in the proportion of the rehaut angle - distance from the crystal.

It's very slight but it makes it look deeper, and as if the rehaut is more angled, more "wok-like", and less vertical as per gen.

This is the only negative point of VSF imo.

Amazing pics :)

Reactions: Shutter08-88

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
StreetFighter , You made a great thread... :)
Really cool pics and the differences between the two are really minimal..
But if you want to throw your money in the landfil , go ahead and do some mods with gen parts..... :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Totally agree, mods not required, nice if you have the parts there but if your bits are used parts you’ll make it look worse (read as used)?

EDIT: I don’t mean you (I know you just modded a rep, great work!), I refer to my own experience when once I modded a JF16610 with used gen bits and I had a used watch afterwards with a chipped crown and crystal and used insert etc..

@mari115.. yes, the rehaut is the worst part of the watch. It’s angled and the spacing is out. As far as I can tell, no reps have the correct angle yet (it’s there to aid the etching process I read elsewhere?). The rest of the fine details more than make up for the lousy rehaut I think, a small price to pay for premium build quality and attention to detail.

Last edited:
Reactions: Debellum

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Very impressive comparison pics. VSF is basically building what is a1:1 Rolex. I picked up two of the 126610 series. What a huge jump in quality from the movement to the case, dial, and bracelet. Just unbelievable.

Reactions: stufuse