• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Replica -v- Genuine thread

Jimmyrich1

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/8/19
UK
In this thread, we can post pics of reps with their genuine counterpart, side by side.

First up a VSF super rep:

VSF116610 -v- Genuine

Out the box, no mods on this rep.

Thanks a lot for this comparison and your other post comparison, so good!! I was curious if you have noticed any difference in the tone of the metal on the VSF in terms of how it hits the light etc? Does the bracelet pop the same as your gen?
Some times I get the feeling my bracelet feels a little dull compared to my Steinhart but I don't have a gen 116610 to compare to, it could just be my mind trying to find fault! lol.

Jimmyrich1

13/8/19
UK
Essentially i'm just wondering if you feel it wears the same if that makes sense :)

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Thanks a lot for this comparison and your other post comparison, so good!! I was curious if you have noticed any difference in the tone of the metal on the VSF in terms of how it hits the light etc? Does the bracelet pop the same as your gen?
Some times I get the feeling my bracelet feels a little dull compared to my Steinhart but I don't have a gen 116610 to compare to, it could just be my mind trying to find fault! lol.

I can't see any difference.

flyinhawaiian

24/12/20
USA
flyinhawaiian KRF looks super close! Dial color and font thickness seem a tad bit different but could be due to lighting.

The font thickness is actually spot-on on the KRF imo but it's just not as 'raised' as the gen.

Nice. How is the quality and feel compared to the Tudor?

Quality is great. The KRF bracelet feels just like the gen straight out of the box and would be indistinguishable from gen if it were not for the screw pins. (For some reason the pins on the gen bracelet aren't as flush as the pins on the KRF, which is the only tell)

FischersFritze

Known Member
10/3/17
I am not too much into Tudor do you mind telling which one is gen? I suspect due to description left one is krf and the right one is gen?

Ecender

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
26/10/18
Miami, Fl
I am not too much into Tudor do you mind telling which one is gen? I suspect due to description left one is krf and the right one is gen?

Yeah I guess that too, not an expert though, but for me the lugs shapes rest the case.
Not an easy rep to tell without the Gen at the side.

flyinhawaiian

24/12/20
USA

Yeah I guess that too, not an expert though, but for me the lugs shapes rest the case.
Not an easy rep to tell without the Gen at the side.

Left is actually gen haha. It is pretty hard to tell without both in hand

Last edited:
Reactions: Ecender

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Left is actually gen haha. It is pretty hard to tell without both in hand

I thought right was gen too until you mentioned the raised text haha.

Is the dial color close enough on the rep? I have very small wrist and BB36 may just be my next rep :)

flyinhawaiian

24/12/20
USA
I thought right was gen too until you mentioned the raised text haha.

Is the dial color close enough on the rep? I have very small wrist and BB36 may just be my next rep :)

Dial color is very close but of course being a rep it is not 100% perfect. It's hard to describe but the KRF seems a tiny bit 'less vibrant' in low indirect light. On the wrist/in normal lighting conditions it is pretty indistinguishable though.

Reactions: sukwonee

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Where are the pandas, Smurfs, pam960, side by side pcs??? someone must own rep and gen of these models...right?

Reactions: Eggroll_96