No announcement yet.

The Replica -v- Genuine thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

StreetFighter , You made a great thread...
    Really cool pics and the differences between the two are really minimal. Even without any mods. The first thing I noticed is the difference of the Glidelock Crown , which is a bit different from the gen , but nothing irreparable
    For the rest , the classic : "Buy , take out of the box , wear".
    But if you want to throw your money in the landfil , go ahead and do some mods with gen parts.....

Junio M.
    Last edited by Punk_Boy; 18-02-21, 09:22.

Comment

Great post! in some of your pics i can see some slight difference in the proportion of the rehaut angle - distance from the crystal.

It's very slight but it makes it look deeper, and as if the rehaut is more angled, more "wok-like", and less vertical as per gen.

This is the only negative point of VSF imo.

Amazing pics
      "What's the biggest tell in a rep?"

"You!"

Comment

Originally posted by Punk_Boy View Post
        StreetFighter , You made a great thread...
        Really cool pics and the differences between the two are really minimal..
        But if you want to throw your money in the landfil , go ahead and do some mods with gen parts.....
        Totally agree, mods not required, nice if you have the parts there but if your bits are used parts you’ll make it look worse (read as used)?

EDIT: I don’t mean you (I know you just modded a rep, great work!), I refer to my own experience when once I modded a JF16610 with used gen bits and I had a used watch afterwards with a chipped crown and crystal and used insert etc..

@mari115.. yes, the rehaut is the worst part of the watch. It’s angled and the spacing is out. As far as I can tell, no reps have the correct angle yet (it’s there to aid the etching process I read elsewhere?). The rest of the fine details more than make up for the lousy rehaut I think, a small price to pay for premium build quality and attention to detail.
        Last edited by StreetFighter; 18-02-21, 11:44.
        WTD: 116610LV Hulk genuine dial + TC 16610 Submariner
        - PM me.

Comment

Very impressive comparison pics. VSF is basically building what is a1:1 Rolex. I picked up two of the 126610 series. What a huge jump in quality from the movement to the case, dial, and bracelet. Just unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by sukwonee View Post

Sososo close I agree.

Right is Gen in the 4th Pic from the top. You can tell by the hour hand.
            That and the just ever so slightly rounder edges of the indices was what I was looking at, thx!

Comment

Originally posted by sw821 View Post
              Excuse me StreetFighter forgotto ask you if it's the 904L VSF VS3135...

Originally posted by StreetFighter View Post

That’s the one.
              VSF VS3135 or VSF VS3235?
              What one person receives without working, another person must work without receiving.

Comment

In this thread, we can post pics of reps with their genuine counterpart, side by side.

First up a VSF super rep:

VSF116610 -v- Genuine

Out the box, no mods on this rep.
                Thanks a lot for this comparison and your other post comparison, so good!! I was curious if you have noticed any difference in the tone of the metal on the VSF in terms of how it hits the light etc? Does the bracelet pop the same as your gen?
                Some times I get the feeling my bracelet feels a little dull compared to my Steinhart but I don't have a gen 116610 to compare to, it could just be my mind trying to find fault! lol.

Comment

Essentially i'm just wondering if you feel it wears the same if that makes sense

Comment

great thread, can't wait to see more watches!

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmyrich1 View Post

Thanks a lot for this comparison and your other post comparison, so good!! I was curious if you have noticed any difference in the tone of the metal on the VSF in terms of how it hits the light etc? Does the bracelet pop the same as your gen?
                      Some times I get the feeling my bracelet feels a little dull compared to my Steinhart but I don't have a gen 116610 to compare to, it could just be my mind trying to find fault! lol.
                      I can't see any difference.
                      - PM me.

Comment

I can't see any difference.
                        Ahh that's great to hear, I knew it would be my mind trying to find things that aren;t there Thanks for the response

Comment

Figured I'd share my KRF BB36 and Gen here

Comment

Originally posted by flyinhawaiian View Post
                            Both look very nice !

Comment

flyinhawaiian KRF looks super close! Dial color and font thickness seem a tad bit different but could be due to lighting.

Comment

Originally posted by flyinhawaiian View Post
                                Nice. How is the quality and feel compared to the Tudor?
                                - PM me.

Comment

Working...
                                X