• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Calling on 16570 experts

Spelunker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/2/21
Please share lots of photos. I am interested in getting the black dial :)

Hey there I just got some nice qc pictures and a video from fat panda.
I am not sure about the forum rules, if I am able to post qc pictures here without disregarding some rules...
If it's ok I would love to post them here since I did notice some spots where I am not sure if it should be like that.

​​​​​

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Hey there I just got some nice qc pictures and a video from fat panda.
I am not sure about the forum rules, if I am able to post qc pictures here without disregarding some rules...
If it's ok I would love to post them here since I did notice some spots where I am not sure if it should be like that.

​​​​​

I think as long as you are being specific about issues you were unsure about with the QC pics, you aren't breaking any rules :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Spelunker

Spelunker

16/2/21
I think as long as you are being specific about issues you were unsure about with the QC pics, you aren't breaking any rules :)

Ok so here are the QC Pics and the Video:
https://imageshack.com/a/XJPw7/1
https://vimeo.com/517259129/ce564f0646
As far as i can tell the Rehaut Rolex Crown seems to be off by the 12 hour mark. And the Red GMT/24h Hand seems to be off too when you watch him move it in the video.
Also the Black contour on the red gmt hand seems to be a bit too much on the tip.
Did i miss something?

Reactions: sukwonee

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
As far as i can tell the Rehaut Rolex Crown seems to be off by the 12 hour mark. And the Red GMT/24h Hand seems to be off too when you watch him move it in the video.
Also the Black contour on the red gmt hand seems to be a bit too much on the tip.
Did i miss something?

I was able to watch the video but I couldn't enlarge the photos (when I click on the pics to view them in full resolution, it timed me out)

The rehaut definitely looks misaligned to the left at the top but the bottom seems to line up. I wonder if this is just a flaw in the BP version. Mine doesn't even have the rehaut engravings btw.

GMT hand looks to be off a tad bit as well. I have never handled ICHS movements but is this adjustable by setting the GMT hand?

I cannot really see the black contour issue from the smaller pics and video.

I am in no way or form an expert in QC or this model. You should wait for others to chime in :) other than what you mentioned though, everything else look good to me.

The case seems a bit thicker than my Eddie Lee version and the bezel engravings look bolder. The black border around the indices look much closer to gen than mine (more black in color and more defined).

It's hard to judge these without seeing things side by side but just pointing out what I think i see. Not really QC related.

Last edited:

Spelunker

16/2/21
I was able to watch the video but I couldn't enlarge the photos (when I click on the pics to view them in full resolution, it timed me out)

The rehaut definitely looks misaligned to the left at the top but the bottom seems to line up. I wonder if this is just a flaw in the BP version. Mine doesn't even have the rehaut engravings btw.

GMT hand looks to be off a tad bit as well. I have never handled ICHS movements but is this adjustable by setting the GMT hand?

I cannot really see the black contour issue from the smaller pics and video.

I am in no way or form an expert in QC or this model. You should wait for others to chime in :) other than what you mentioned though, everything else look good to me.

The case seems a bit thicker than my Eddie Lee version and the bezel engravings look bolder. The black border around the indices look much closer to gen than mine (more black in color and more defined).

It's hard to judge these without seeing things side by side but just pointing out what I think i see. Not really QC related.

Thanks for your opinion!
What would you say is a suitable time to respond to the QC pictures from the TD? I dont want to stress him out.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Thanks for your opinion!
What would you say is a suitable time to respond to the QC pictures from the TD? I dont want to stress him out.

I usually respond quickly (within a day) but I also haven't had any watch that I had to reject before, but I don't think there is a set time.

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Did i miss something?

Woah fat panda QC is top notch with a video, will be ordering from him in the future. Yes I see both your concerns but I personally am not really bothered by this kind of stuff so its up to your to accept or reject bro!

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Did i miss something?
The overall look of the watch is okay but I see outstanding flaws:
1. Case still too thick
2. Too large gap between arrows and inner edge on the bezel
2. Dial: „Large“ gap between the minute/hour markers around the dial and the rehaut. They should be „touching“ or almost touching each other. This kind of effect you usually see on cheap reps. It’s a pity the maker is not able to get this right.
4DFEDB5D-3BC6-43D1-9DB3-CB9E3BD0FB1Ff73635c259438747.jpg

I would definitely look out for a new dial. The rest is IMO acceptable.

Last edited:

Spelunker

16/2/21
The overall look of the watch is okay but I see outstanding flaws:
1. Case still too thick
2. Too large gap between arrows and inner edge on the bezel
2. Dial: „Large“ gap between the minute/hour markers around the dial and the rehaut. They should be „touching“ or almost touching each other. This kind of effect you usually see on cheap reps. It’s a pity the maker is not able to get this right.
4DFEDB5D-3BC6-43D1-9DB3-CB9E3BD0FB1Ff73635c259438747.jpg

I would definitely look out for a new dial. The rest is IMO acceptable.

Thanks for pointing that out. I do understand but think that this is BP batch related and cant be fixed by rejecting QC... Sadly there doesnt seem to be a better 16570 rep out there right now.
But to be honest, its my first automatic and first rep and i think it looks totally awesome haha. So i will accept QC. Wish it a good journey through customs haha

Reactions: KJ2020 and domiffm

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Well shit I shouldn't have green lit the watch before you said that hahaha

Edit:

I think most BP dials are like this so oh well. Also I think ill need a new CB for this
Don’t worry, still a nice watch! But meanwhile the reps nowadays are on such a high level that it should be a no go to produce watches with flaws like that.

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
Don’t worry, still a nice watch! But meanwhile the reps nowadays are on such a high level that it should be a no go to produce watches with flaws like that.

That's true probably a gen dial route for me if I love it, if not up on to the M2M it goes. The rehaut was off centre on mine as well but the dates were nice, crisp and centred so I accepted

ZTgCzj.jpg

ZTgTkI.jpg

ZTgPO4.jpg

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
On a side note those CGs look mightily squared and strong like the OG 1675s. LOVE IT

Also regarding the minute track, I like to think of these kind of flaws as like a "oh rolex made a few prototype dials with a floating minute track and this was one of them" to give it some special character hahahha

Last edited:

Anto.94

8/8/19
Florence

Guys, a question.
Anyone of you know if the 16570 BP accept the WSO 16710 bezel kit? I’ve a 16570 CHS biting dust and i was thinking to trasform it in a 16710.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
A quick update, guys!

Regardless of the accuracy to gen, I wanted the crystal raised and now it's sitting probably about 1.3mm to 1.4mm above the bezel, if I did the math right. I think this looks so much better than before. Thinner and less bold DW also makes a huge difference, imo.

ZTX8Js.jpg

We should all wear what we like bro, I'm one of the biggest advocates of that - you've seen some of the crazy stuff I wear.

I gotta be honest with you though when it comes to date mag even a little bit off can be an eyesore and yours is not a little bit off. Did you try a shorter gasket (still taller than your original) like 2.3 or 2.5mm or a custom shaved height, and evaluate the appearance? If the watch hasn't been shipped back yet you might want to consider that. Removing the bezel and crystal gasket on a 16570 is super easy and doesn't require even removing the caseback.

Plenty of gens to compare with at Bob's

https://www.bobswatches.com/shop?que...search-submit=

I matched your cyclops height to this gen
ZXzgBL.jpg

Could you have overcompensated from your memory of your past comparison to gen?

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

Guys, a question.
Anyone of you know if the 16570 BP accept the WSO 16710 bezel kit? I’ve a 16570 CHS biting dust and i was thinking to trasform it in a 16710.

I did that conversion when 16710 reps were scarce. The WSO retaining ring (gen-spec) does not mate perfectly to the BP 16570 case. There was a slight gap there. I epoxied the retaining ring to the case, also filing the gap to the case's crystal mount as well. I used JB Weld epoxy which is a dark grey and none of it shows. I consider this to be an acceptable solution as it still allows for insertion and removal of a gen-spec crystal, and the WSO gen-spec bezel and inserts.

I've never tested the case for WP but I don't get my watches wet, not even splash from hand washing so no worries for me there. The WSO parts were not perfect. I had to shave some off the bottom inside perimeter of the WSO bezel to make it fit on it's own WSO retaining ring.

Going on 3 years old, no issues with it
16120353165000.jpg

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
KJ2020

Thank you for Making the comparison image. Very helpful. I may consider replacing the crystal - I think the rep crystal is a tad bit too thick. My watchmaker is local to me so it's pretty convenient for me to further mod this.

Also I am thinking about learning a few basic things about watch repairs and mods. Especially opening up the watch to replace crystal, changing out gaskets, etc. shouldn't be too hard to learn without requiring expensive tools.

Reactions: KJ2020 and hanski

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That's true probably a gen dial route for me if I love it, if not up on to the M2M it goes. The rehaut was off centre on mine as well but the dates were nice, crisp and centred so I accepted

Gen dial will not fit the BP case. Gen dials are 27.3mm. I used a flawed rep dial to practice DIY dial shaving on, and it's currently 27.4mm. I couldn't take any more off it without eating into the minute tics. But I use it frequently now to test whether a gen dial would fit in a rep case. So far, it's fallen through the rehaut on every rep 5 digit case I've tried it in.

Floating minute tics are pretty common on 5 digit reps, just a minor flaw we have to live with. I honestly don't even notice that anymore.

15670864903920.jpg

15810141306524.jpg

Last edited: