• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VS3235 parts?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
In my 3235s the gen balance and bridges show immediate improvement in accuracy and stability. Auto wind module is also a very nice upgrade. I have more parts planned but they are probably less essential.

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
In my 3235s the gen balance and bridges show immediate improvement in accuracy and stability. Auto wind module is also a very nice upgrade. I have more parts planned but they are probably less essential.

Please excuse my ignorance but are the gen balance & bridges 2 separate parts?
Did you use a gen pallet fork too?

Sent from the RWI App

maxracingshox

I'm Pretty Popular
17/7/12
While they technically can be separated, retrofitting one of them to a clone movement mandates that you fit the other one as well. So you might as well see them as a unit.

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
While they technically can be separated, retrofitting one of them to a clone movement mandates that you fit the other one as well. So you might as well see them as a unit.

Thanks, so balance, bridges & pallet fork are 3 separate parts?

Sent from the RWI App

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Please excuse my ignorance but are the gen balance & bridges 2 separate parts?
Did you use a gen pallet fork too?

Sent from the RWI App

Yes, it will come in two parts and you have to connect the hairspring to the bridge. You’ll also have to regulate by adjusting the microstella nuts in the balance wheel. A timegrapher is a must.

i do have a gen pallet fork and escape wheel but haven’t installed them yet.

Last edited:

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Yes, it will come in two parts and you have to connect the hairspring to the bridge. You’ll also have to regulate by adjusting the microstella nuts in the balance wheel. A timegrapher is a must.

i do have a gen pallet fork and escape wheel but haven’t installed them yet.

Thanks for the info-just one more question-is a gen escape wheel a must if using a gen pallet fork?

Sent from the RWI App

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
Why you want to use gen pallet fork?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Thanks for the info-just one more question-is a gen escape wheel a must if using a gen pallet fork?

Sent from the RWI App

I am told that you must install both gen pallet fork and gen escape wheel. One member attempted just the gen pallet fork and reported that it wouldn't run, and had to install gen escape wheel.

Reactions: Pietros

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I am told that you must install both gen pallet fork and gen escape wheel. One member attempted just the gen pallet fork and reported that it wouldn't run, and had to install gen escape wheel.

It was actually the other way around. The top pinion on my rep escape wheel broke so rather than buy a whole new movement I bought a gen escape wheel. I suspected it might not play well with the rep pallet fork but tried it anyway. It did not run and I ended up having to install the gen pallet fork also.

Zk1Rns.jpg

Zk1aqo.jpg

Z44cLI.jpg

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
Why you want to use gen pallet fork?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m thinking gen balance, bridge, escape wheel & pallet fork will be great upgrades in terms of accuracy, once properly regulated.
If the movement craps out at some point, they’re all transferable and retain value.

Sent from the RWI App

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I’m thinking gen balance, bridge, escape wheel & pallet fork will be great upgrades in terms of accuracy, once properly regulated.
If the movement craps out at some point, they’re all transferable and retain value.

Sent from the RWI App

The escape wheel and pallet fork would not improve accuracy, that's the job of the balance wheel. The other parts were redesigned to improve efficiency, specifically to use less energy in operation thereby increasing power reserve. The VSF 3235 PR should be plenty long enough to make those parts upgrades unnecessary, unless you just want to go all out.

https://quillandpad.com/2019/11/19/...x-calibers-3135-and-3235-and-which-is-better/

Pietros

14/12/18
UK
The escape wheel and pallet fork would not improve accuracy, that's the job of the balance wheel. The other parts were redesigned to improve efficiency, specifically to use less energy in operation thereby increasing power reserve. The VSF 3235 PR should be plenty long enough to make those parts upgrades unnecessary, unless you just want to go all out.

https://quillandpad.com/2019/11/19/...x-calibers-3135-and-3235-and-which-is-better/

Well that’s saved me a few £££.
Thanks for the info!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: KJ2020

Patricdeen

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
19/6/20
Iwo in Germania
That's a really cool post! I think I'm in. When I'm done, I probably rebuilt the entire movement and sunk 3000 buks xD

MSC19

Renowned Member
Supporter
8/5/20
Earth

Sent from the RWI App

Consider an autowind module instead of escape wheel and pallet fork...it will improve the PR of the movement.

Reactions: Pietros

EstebanMcQueen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/22
Hi guys,
I hope Im posting the following in the right thread, otherwise please point me to the right thread as this was the closest thread I could find related to my questions.
Long story short, I dropped my VSF Submariner. I sent it to my watchmaker. His english is not the best but he said that the balance wheel and jewels broke. So, he will need to order the spared from China as they are not widely available for the VS3235. He then said: "I try.. to put jewels. But it's not last longer". Obviously this solution doesnt work for me either.

So, I was wondering if I could go genuine with the spares needed, I dont even know if he will be able to get the spares from China in this lifetime. Any watchmaker savants could let me know if this would be possible to fix with genuine parts? Or is it worth it at all?
Should I just get another VSF Sub and keep the broken one for future spares or a future franken project?
Any leads or any information that can help me is much appreciated guys. Ive also attached a pictured send from my watchmaker.

Thanks in advance 🙏

EstebanMcQueen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/22
Anyone willing to point me in the right direction?
Hi guys,
I hope Im posting the following in the right thread, otherwise please point me to the right thread as this was the closest thread I could find related to my questions.
Long story short, I dropped my VSF Submariner. I sent it to my watchmaker. His english is not the best but he said that the balance wheel and jewels broke. So, he will need to order the spared from China as they are not widely available for the VS3235. He then said: "I try.. to put jewels. But it's not last longer". Obviously this solution doesnt work for me either.

So, I was wondering if I could go genuine with the spares needed, I dont even know if he will be able to get the spares from China in this lifetime. Any watchmaker savants could let me know if this would be possible to fix with genuine parts? Or is it worth it at all?
Should I just get another VSF Sub and keep the broken one for future spares or a future franken project?
Any leads or any information that can help me is much appreciated guys. Ive also attached a pictured send from my watchmaker.

Thanks in advance 🙏