• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Sea Dweller 126600?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
absolutely. It's an incorrect character. People can definitely notice something that easy full stop.

They don't give a damn about lume accuracy LOL.

How do you know it’s a wrong character and not a gen variation from from August 2019?

The Lume looks off to anyone used to seeing virtually any gen sports Rolex.

sc4inception

Horology Curious
2/3/21
Ah, young gun that needs to mention it multiple times in this thread that he's a banker. As someone who currently owns gen and ARF 126600s and has an XF on the way, I can confirm that you're just flat out wrong if you think the ARF is superior. If you're worried about being called out for a non gen in a certain environment I think you're probably already out of place.

But perhaps you should now be worried about someone calling you out, as I'll be keeping my eye out for young analysts and associates wearing an ARF 126600, and this would also be a great message to throw up on Bloomberg chat tomorrow morning; however fortunately I don't think we run in the same circles.

As fun as this is, can we get back on topic?

I don't think ARF is superior and I never said that; I think the bracelet may be better and the feel may be better from my own research across multiple threads and forums. I'm also neither an analyst or an associate, never a wise assumption to make my guy (a little ironic you tried throwing in a condecending title jab when making fun of me for trying to flex being a banker when I wasn't? That's hilarious).

I mentioned my work industry to provide context and emphasize the industry isn't well versed in the luxury watch space, though spends heavily in it as if they are. This is not a flex, as I don't go on replica internet forums to flex on my career LOL- I came here to get advice from people more experienced with reps and brought up my reasoning for getting one watch over another. It's one mans opinion, but I now understand how sensitive some in the forum may be, so my bad for coming in too hot as I now understand the passion here.

Happy to get back on topic and I do apologize for offending anyone with my decision to get an ARF over the XF. But I do appreciate the feedback.

​​Cheers mate!

I really do hope they fix the "1" though in the XF version. That would be legendary!

Last edited:

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I don't think ARF is superior and I never said that; I think the bracelet may be better and the feel may be better from my own research across multiple threads and forums. I'm also neither an analyst or an associate, never a wise assumption to make my guy (a little ironic you tried throwing in a condecending title jab when making fun of me for trying to flex being a banker when I wasn't? That's hilarious).

I mentioned my work industry to provide context and emphasize the industry isn't well versed in the luxury watch space, though spends heavily in it as if they are. This is not a flex, as I don't go on replica internet forums to flex on my career LOL- I came here to get advice from people more experienced with reps and brought up my reasoning for getting one watch over another. It's one mans opinion, but I now understand how sensitive some in the forum may be, so my bad for coming in too hot as I now understand the passion here.

Happy to get back on topic and I do apologize for offending anyone with my decision to get an ARF over the XF. But I do appreciate the feedback.

​​Cheers mate!

I really do hope they fix the "1" though in the XF version. That would be legendary!

Yes, and I trust XF will fix the "1" font... or at least with the VS 3235 release.

To put this all into perspective, no one would be disappointed today with the ARF. It's just that XF got it right overall and at the moment it is the SD43 to get. I have an XF coming soon., and I know the "1" is that last thing that would take enjoyment from it.

Reactions: Cloney

Alan Bourdillion Traherne

Renowned Member
6/3/21
CONUS
I am a noob with a very untrained eye and I can see the difference in the markers. The ARF markers are very square and defined. The XF markers are softer with less defined edges. That said, my bet is that no one is going to call anyone out even if they knew what to look for and then got close enough to notice. And more than likely there is no gen readily available to do a side-by-side comparison so the differences with most likely never be noticed. Even if someone did notice it would be very ungentlemanly, untoward, and crass to announce in a meeting "Hey, everybody notice the fake rollie that Jones is wearing!?? Better to just let it slide and go about one's business.
ABT

Last edited:

sc4inception

Horology Curious
2/3/21
Yes, and I trust XF will fix the "1" font... or at least with the VS 3235 release.

To put this all into perspective, no one would be disappointed today with the ARF. It's just that XF got it right overall and at the moment it is the SD43 to get. I have an XF coming soon., and I know the "1" is that last thing that would take enjoyment from it.

This makes a lot of sense to me. I appreciate the info and perspective.

Any idea of when the next XF version will come? Not sure what's typical.

sc4inception

Horology Curious
2/3/21
I am a noob with a very untrained eye and I can see the difference in the markers. The ARF markers are very square and defined. The XF markers are softer with less defined edges. That said, my bet is that no one is going to call anyone out even if they knew what to look for and then got close enough to notice. And more than likely there is no gen readily available to do a side-by-side comparison so the differences with most likely never be noticed. Even if someone did notice it would be very ungentlemanly, untoward, and crass to announce in a meeting "Hey, everybody notice the fake rollie that Jones is wearing!?? Better to just let it slide and go about one's business.
ABT

Now I see it. Thanks for pointing that out man! Very helpful.

Cheers mate!

Podraza

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/12/20
Plymouth, Mn
Hey guys ! Looking at the xf seadweller. how is the lume. I currently own the noob v10 blue deepsea and love it

Bbsp86

Looking Around
25/2/21
South Florida, USA
I see on pure time VSF have released a 126600, but states it has 2824 movement. I know it was expected to be different. Anyone received or qc the VsF version and have any comparison to the ARF or XF. I am really in the mood for a sd43 and not sure if I should test out this vsf or possibly wait.

Edit: nevermind looks like it was misprint on the listing

Last edited:

James19801980

Supporter
Certified
27/4/15
65f9372c33e2e266e41e87bb6d8c1e00.jpg

Just got this one. I don’t have the eye for the details that many do, but I really like it. Bezel turn is really nice......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigd22

29/8/20
Any update on when the vsf 3235 will be released?

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
65f9372c33e2e266e41e87bb6d8c1e00.jpg

Just got this one. I don’t have the eye for the details that many do, but I really like it. Bezel turn is really nice......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look amazing. My dream watch was the DeepSea but after wearing it you really notice the weight and size even for my big wrist. But once I got the SeaDweller its perfect. Its the Submariner but for us bigger wrist guys. Looks great by the way.

Behike

23/4/21
USA, Planet Earth
I’ve got an ARF V4 126600 on order...

Awaiting QC Photos, I’ll post as they develop. Surprised to see so much hate for a watch that has generated pages of good data.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I’ve got an ARF V4 126600 on order...
Awaiting QC Photos, I’ll post as they develop. Surprised to see so much hate for a watch that has generated pages of good data.

You may want to re-think that. Most of the praise for the ARF was written years before the VSF/XF came out. Furthermore, ARF standards are not what they were, especially in regards to the crystal and finishing. It is a dramatically inferior watch.

walla65

20/5/19
if ARF thinks to live on the glories of the past ... it won't go much further ....

Reactions: Behike

Behike

23/4/21
USA, Planet Earth
You may want to re-think that. Most of the praise for the ARF was written years before the VSF/XF came out. Furthermore, ARF standards are not what they were, especially in regards to the crystal and finishing. It is a dramatically inferior watch.

Good feedback, very much appreciated.