• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Presi if you were picking...caveat though...

kevBquick

9/10/18
So I'm feeling the daydate lately....I want to get one of them lined up to order as they come out of CNY.
But which?

My thing is no RG/YG. only SS...i don't care if that represents WG or plat. but i'm not going with the plated versions.
and I'm not feeling the olive green dial.

So I can't tell if some are fantasy dials because they are supposed to be quadrant motif or just incorrect.
So i want to keep it simple with SS I like blue dials, white, black but since i just got a DJ2 41mm blue dial.
I don't want to repeat that in the daydate.

open to suggestions. I have a starbucks on order as well. just adding to expand the styles. I want something accurate but daydates aren't my thing.
Love the presi bracelet though.

kevBquick

9/10/18
common my rolex peeps....i know there are day date guys out there.
can't do RG/YG because its scraps off as we all know. some of these dials though i can't tell if they are fantasy or not.
need to branch out from GMT and SUB land.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Noob? I had GMF and sold them immediately because they felt very cheap, very lightweight and sharp edges all over..

Reactions: c_hall100

rek00001

Known Member
24/4/13
Interested also, looking to add something different to my collection.

modern classic, I'm surprised about the GMF, aren't they related to BP Factory, which makes nice DJs?

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
Interested also, looking to add something different to my collection.

modern classic, I'm surprised about the GMF, aren't they related to BP Factory, which makes nice DJs?

Picked up a gmf a few weeks ago. Overall I’m happy and was surprised at it. For a watch that’s less than 300 for a 30k gen it’s decent. Few sharp edges on the bracelet, never going to be the same weight as a gen, xtal otb is good, date and day wheel is good, better than noob and dial is good.

im keeping this one.

ZpY0pD.jpg

Last edited:

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
Noob? I had GMF and sold them immediately because they felt very cheap, very lightweight and sharp edges all over..

Yep agreed the GMF ones are junk, they scream fake unfortunately. The noob ones are far better with much more heft and feel pretty good on the wrist

Ultimately though there isn’t a good one out there yet, unless you pick up an old model 36mm Franken with gen bits

kevBquick

9/10/18
Picked up a gmf a few weeks ago. Overall I’m happy and was surprised at it. For a watch that’s less than 300 for a 30k gen it’s decent. Few sharp edges on the bracelet, never going to be the same weight as a gen, xtal otb is good, date and day wheel is good, better than noob and dial is good.

im keeping this one.

ZpY0pD.jpg

i'll be honest....i like the look of that YG daydate. it looks good.

if i was gonna pick I'd go RG with chocolate dial. one of my favs and then some YGs but the plating is not as good as it is needed. its just too thin honestly, even
from plating gods like BP. I have a YG sub and it has a spot missing from it. I have a GMF rootbeer and there is a spot missing on the clasp of just no plating, but
if that says anything....it shows that the plating is like a micron thick.

kevBquick

9/10/18
Yep agreed the GMF ones are junk, they scream fake unfortunately. The noob ones are far better with much more heft and feel pretty good on the wrist

Ultimately though there isn’t a good one out there yet, unless you pick up an old model 36mm Franken with gen bits

this is good information....thank you.

I was looking at this waffle one....unsure though. not sure if I'm light blue kinda guy.

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=16600

it is 2017 though....so i'm guessing its not in stock or its just old left overs.

Last edited:

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
i'll be honest....i like the look of that YG daydate. it looks good.

if i was gonna pick I'd go RG with chocolate dial. one of my favs and then some YGs but the plating is not as good as it is needed. its just too thin honestly, even
from plating gods like BP. I have a YG sub and it has a spot missing from it. I have a GMF rootbeer and there is a spot missing on the clasp of just no plating, but
if that says anything....it shows that the plating is like a micron thick.

I’m probably a bit biased as the YG DD was my gen grail, bracelet could do with improvements but the rest is good so I can live with that. For comparison gen is 202g and gmf is 122.

think it’s hit and miss with plated reps, mine have all been fine but I know ppl have have numerous issues with the plating and refuse to get them. If it does happen I’ll get it plated again or move on.

if you’re looking at choc dial don’t go gmf, dial is far too red. The ewf dial looks better.

kevBquick

9/10/18
I’m probably a bit biased as the YG DD was my gen grail, bracelet could do with improvements but the rest is good so I can live with that. For comparison gen is 202g and gmf is 122.

think it’s hit and miss with plated reps, mine have all been fine but I know ppl have have numerous issues with the plating and refuse to get them. If it does happen I’ll get it plated again or move on.

if you’re looking at choc dial don’t go gmf, dial is far too red. The ewf dial looks better.

yeah i did notice that GMF was really red....based on the info above....i think GMF is one to stay away from here.

there are some definite YG/RG dds i really like. but i haven't had luck or they turn color on the plating. and I tried to stay with BP as they are the recommended in the plating game except my RG yachtmaster....i believe that is VR.

choc on RF is one of my favs and YG with white dial but i'm not sure i can risk it. i feel like this is one of those categories i guess i will need to come back to.