• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Modern P series 16610 Gen Startime TC build complete and documented.

gunsmoke16610

FIVE-Digit
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
My inspiration for this build was a P series 16610.

The origins;
  • ST 3135 case set
  • Gen. dial
  • Gen. hands
  • Gen. 3135
  • Gen 704 crown
  • Gen Insert
  • Clark Crystal
  • TC 93250
  • Custom watch concepts display back

Step 1- The ST 3135 case. This case is not without fault, the crown guards are stubby the lugs are too think and wide but otherwise the case is Gen. Spec. The TC end links have are fairly close to Gen profile and show just how fat these lugs are. I used my Gen SD for perspective its the only Gen watch I have with SELs. I used files and sand paper to profile the lugs, my skills are novice still and I have not perfected champers yet……

After, not perfect but an improvement

Step 2 The TC 93250. This bracelet is so close to Gen its scary the only issue is that its slightly larger then 20MM and needs to be fit in. The fit is super tight with no gaps after slight sanding on the sides of the end links.

Step 3 Gen 3135 dial and hands. R Cal. 3135 movements are getting expensive and hard to find, this one had a broken 3135 360 Second wheel which was not advertised so I sourced a blistered replacement and had the movement serviced and the head assembled by Tickleshoes who is absolute wizard!!!

Step 4 The finished product

Beone21

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
10/12/10
Beauty!
You used the clark crystal. any particular reason.
I am wondering if it would be an upgrade over the tc v6 stock crystal?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

gunsmoke16610

FIVE-Digit
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
Beauty!
You used the clark crystal. any particular reason.
I am wondering if it would be an upgrade over the tc v6 stock crystal?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G973F met Tapatalk

I bought a ST as I’ve used them in all my other builds unfortunately it was the wrong size. Craig recommended a Clark’s so I went with that. I wouldn’t consider any one a upgrade over the other really it’s either Gen or something else IMO.

NYC_MIA

Known Member
6/7/19
That looks unbelievable. Aside from the movement being serviced was there any other nuisances to the build?

Been thinking about a build for a while now and seeing this is encouraging!

Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gunsmoke16610

FIVE-Digit
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
That looks unbelievable. Aside from the movement being serviced was there any other nuisances to the build?

Been thinking about a build for a while now and seeing this is encouraging!

Congrats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks man. Becuase the ST case is Gen spec no movement tabs are required like a TC case and all other parts fit as they should and as a result it’s straight forward.