• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2015 TC Submariner V6

tquiroz1

Looking Around
1/2/21
Hi, New to group.

I have a 2015 TC Submariner V6 that I am thinking of letting go to thin out my collection. I had TC add a red Yatchmaster Seconds hand to the watch. It has no more than a couple of weeks of wrist time. It keeps better time than my genuine 16610. What do you think is a fair price to ask? Thank you.

In the side by side photos the TC is on the right.

Reactions: Cozzus94

Dirkjon

Supporter
Certified
15/4/12
USA
Welcome! Do some digging here on previous TC Sub sales. Some TC Subs have something of a cult following around here from the 5 digit sub crowd.......... great watches, no longer made and very much in demand. I believe that I recall a thread here where a Mod advised that these could be sold for more than you paid for it because of their rarity and quality, Like I mentioned, research the previous sales and you'll probably find an answer to your question. Btw, scratches and patina aren't necessarily a bad thing :)

Reactions: tquiroz1

eswilly

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/14
Florida
A sales thread with no sale. I’ll bite. It’s worth about $500. Old watch, old movement. I am curious where you read you can charge more due to rarity. Do tell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eswilly

I'm Pretty Popular
2/11/14
Florida
A sales thread with no sale. I’ll bite. It’s worth about $500. Old watch, old movement. I am curious where you read you can charge more due to rarity. Do tell.

tquiroz1

Looking Around
1/2/21
Welcome! Do some digging here on previous TC Sub sales. Some TC Subs have something of a cult following around here from the 5 digit sub crowd.......... great watches, no longer made and very much in demand. I believe that I recall a thread here where a Mod advised that these could be sold for more than you paid for it because of their rarity and quality, Like I mentioned, research the previous sales and you'll probably find an answer to your question. Btw, scratches and patina aren't necessarily a bad thing :)

Thank you. I have some idea of the demand. Just that the posts that indicate value are old for the most part. As for the scratches, the pictures are representative of the actual watch. They are not significant at all for a watch that has a little bit of wrist time or bumped into another watch or two. The will polish out with very little work, but I will leave that to someone else.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I’d love to see that thread. It seems to describe exactly the opposite of every thread on the subject that I’ve ever seen.

OP, you’d be better off following Hor-Fan’s advice, if you want to avoid your eventual sale post being nuked for attempted profiteering.

Last edited:

Dirkjon

Supporter
Certified
15/4/12
USA

DC109

Renowned Member
21/7/12
From the sales rules:

"There are exceptions for rare items and parts as current market values change so there is wriggle room to be fair to both buyer and seller. However the rarity of an item is not determined by the general membership but by the staff. If you have a question regarding this just contact a member of staff and they will bring it up for discussion."

A first time poster talking about planning to sell a TC raises a red flag, but I have always thought it's crazy that TC watches/parts are not considered "rare" and eligible for higher prices. They are out of production, and no other 5-dig sub, including the Sean/ETA Swiss, ever came as close. I'm positive that allowing higher prices would mean much higher prices but more for sale, which would be good for everyone: sellers who are only holding onto them because it seems crazy to sell something below what people would be willing to pay (I'm in this group), and buyers who want one but can't get one because supply is suppressed by the price cap (I'll be in this group as soon as I inevitably regret selling mine).

tquiroz1

Looking Around
1/2/21
Thank you for the feedback. This is the only replica watch I own and this is all very new to me.

I took some time to clean up the watch and take out those "gnarly scratches" out with a polishing cloth and clean up the watch with a toothbrush since I had last worn it. I think the watch had some sprayed on suncreen caked on from when I wore it watching one of my son's soccer games.http://
Zlq8Cv.jpg
http://
Zlq6mK.jpg
Zlq9c8.jpg
Zlq1wR.jpg
ZlqyyL.jpg
ZlqY3Q.jpg