• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is a 700$ replica worth buying? Rolex Daytona 116500LN Noob v4 Review (Macro & Picheavy)

YourWatch

Failed Dealer
22/1/17
Europe
It is very close to gen, but if you take a loupe - finishing quality of the movement will be far from the gen. But still amazing for its price.

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
Clean Factory Bezel is no better than the NOOB V4 Ceramic Bezel, perhaps this is the next best thing available at the moment. Since, your Dial is Black and if you are looking for a perfect upgrade, you could look in Adding:

1. Gen Dial (116520 Dial shall do the job)
2. Matching Gen Hands
3. Gen Crown
4. Replacing the Stock NOOB crystal gasket to an aftermarket ones to remove the milky white colour and to reduce the total thickness (Either a Swiss made or CousinsUK shall do the job) - No need to replace the Crystal, it is good enough

If you have an OCD, then:
1. Balance Bridge
2. Parachrom Blue Spring
3. Escape Wheel
4. Pallet Fork.
5. Case Reshaping

The GEN Subdial hands are not a straight fit but we do have plenty of highly qualified Modders here in the forum to help your dream come true.

VaderTime

9/10/17
I have the noob v3 ln and it has been running strong for the past year. No issues what so ever.

Reactions: cool1o

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Great review, thanks.
Now I have a question, on your picture the sundial does not have the shiny champagne dial. It looks matt and not shiny.
I have a v4 dial but it looks different.

TripleR

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/2/21
Awesome review, I am also stuck on the same boat as you with the daytona, but the AD frankly told me waiting list is going to takes years.

Hence I have joined this forum, reading your post has made me decide to take the plunge.

But I am completely new to this rep world, all the watches I have had are genuine.

TripleR

2/2/21
It is very close to gen, but if you take a loupe - finishing quality of the movement will be far from the gen. But still amazing for its price.

If I was to get one, I would I go about acquiring all this parts and replacing it. I am based in UK

ScuderiaPT

8/6/17
Europe
Great post , i have arf v1 panda dial , but now it’s time to
buy the black dial noob v4 ????

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
How much is a set of genuine hands? Where can I get one?

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Thanks for the review, great pictures! Might buy one of those too when Noob releases V7. Unless they raise the price to $850 by then.

Last edited:

Therion666

Certified
26/12/13
I have seen a gen set of hands for the 116520 which I assume is the same, priced at $450 on the M2M board
Otherwise ebay, chromo24

Thank you, I appreciate it! A bit too rich for my skint self, I'll just stick to stock Noob :)

Last edited:

kiwon618

8/5/19
Thank you for this good review. After many thoughts on the price, i ended up buying the Noob daytona too.

HG 2000

Supporter
22/7/20
These macro shots are incredible.

Thanks for posting.

I have been yearning for a white dial panda, but these black dial pics are starting to sway my decision.

Reactions: cool1o

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Thanks for the review, great pictures! Might buy one of those too when Noob releases V7. Unless they raise the price to $850 by then.

By then we will have vsf Daytona with clone movement for less than $600. They will kill competition.

cool1o

Known Member
11/10/20
Germany
Hi guys! Thanks for the lengthy answers and kind words. I had some issues the past few days in my family so hadn't much time to respond.

To everyone doubting their decision if the Noob Daytona is worth it in the state it currently is. I fully think it is.
It is hard to get a watch with this kind of movement or complication for this price when shopping for genuine watches with the kind of materials that Noob had to use to have the materials that Rolex used.

I also checked the water proofness - 100m is advertised by Rolex for the Daytona, and the Noob counterpart also passed this test:

These macro shots are incredible.

Thanks for posting.

I have been yearning for a white dial panda, but these black dial pics are starting to sway my decision.

Thank you for your kind words!
The depth of the black dial is incredible - it just looks amazing when looking at the watch and even more amazing when seeing the dial in the sun.
I like both watches, but after having the black one in-hand I'd go for the black one every day of the week.

Great review, thanks.
Now I have a question, on your picture the sundial does not have the shiny champagne dial. It looks matt and not shiny.
I have a v4 dial but it looks different.

The pictures seem to look a bit duller due to the immense magnification.
But indeed, my subdials are not champagne-colored, they are more silverish/platinum colored. It looks like the watch should look like though - no yellow hue or anything. Crisp as ever.

Reactions: P..DR..D