• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is a 700$ replica worth buying? Rolex Daytona 116500LN Noob v4 Review (Macro & Picheavy)

cool1o

Known Member
11/10/20
Germany
Hi guys! Hope you're doing well.
My Name is Coolio and I'm a watch collector, enthusiast and designer from Germany.
I hope this is the right forum! If not, please move! :)

My AD promised me the 116500LN since the release in 2016. He didn't deliver on his promise. I bought a couple of watches from him for my (now ex) girlfriend, mother and myself.
To be fair, I also got a couple of watches I really wanted that were also hard to get but that's something for another story.

Despite all my efforts, my probably 100 visits at the AD - I never got my dream watch. A Rolex Daytona 116500LN in all-black.

I was thinking about buying the watch as a replica for years now but I didn't like the quality, the movements etc.
Since Noob released their copy with an almost 1:1 clone of the 4130 movement I was thinking about buying one. But the price was hefty and fellow collectors told me that the quality OOTB is not good at all. So I waited, and waited and waited.

Then the V4 released with no flaws that were deal-breaking for me. But over 700$ with shipping for a fake watch?! Never, I told myself.
But then YourWatch came along with already competitive pricing, and a 10% code ontop.
So, I said: Fuck it, I'll buy it.

Now, coming to the watch and the review. I heard a lot of bad stories about the dial of the Noob watches. Bad quality, bad finishing, sloppy.
So I thought: Well, just check for yourself.

After a couple of month I recieved my watch. QC was good, timegraph was amazing with 3s/d, 0 beat error and a healthy amplitude.

Attention: The magnification is extreme. You aren't able to see any of the ruffer finishing when inspecting the watch even right in front of your eyes.

ZQnMwS.jpg

The pad-printing is crispy and sharp and the Rolex crown is well finished.

ZQnd7J.jpg

The sun-subdials are finished really good and the pad-printing is done really good here as well.

ZQnTLk.jpg

The second and minute hands are finished fairly good. Only the black ink is bleeding a bit. Not visible on wrist or in a smaller magnification.

ZQnXro.jpg

The hour subdial is done really well and the hand is finished okay.

ZQnw3P.jpg

But you can see some smearing on all of the hands in magnification and good lighting. Could be residue from rodico or the polishing component though. I doubt that they picked them up with their fingers.

ZQn4yW.jpg

ZQnvmL.jpg

As you can see the finishing is really well done.

ZQnscQ.jpg

The hour-markers aren't flat as the other videos or images suggest. At least not for me. They look well rounded and are catching the light nicely.

ZQn7CR.jpg

The hour hand is finished fairly good. Not great, but good.

ZQn98F.jpg

Pic is a bit blurry, sorry. But finishing on hour marker is good.

ZQnOpb.jpg

ZQnYGp.jpg

ZQn1L5.jpg

ZQnrYE.jpg

As you can see, the hands aren't finished as good as all the other parts of the watch. Smearing and a bit of bleeding paint. But as I mentioned, there is NO WAY to notice that on wrist or even when looking right on the flawed places.

ZQn832.jpg

Really great finished hour hand. A bit of dirt(?) on it, but normally not noticeable.

ZQnn7t.jpg

As you can see the pad printing is done amazingly. The text is unbelievably crisp.

ZQntwn.jpg

Another shot of the Rolex-Crown

ZQnBc3.jpg

Another shot of another hour marker

ZQnpCY.jpg

Another shot of the six-o-clock marker

ZQnlis.jpg

Shot of the laser etched crown. Not visible when looking right on the watch - like it should be.

ZQnCSD.jpg

Bad finishing on the thing on top - don't know the name of it sorry.

Conclusion

It's a really amazing replica watch. I would definitely say that it's worth 700$. The quality for a replica is outstanding and the watch is really near the original OOTB.
If you have questions, please write a comment. I'd also appreciate any other comments on it. Took me a bit of time to create it for you, the rep family!

And for everyone: That's how the watch looks normally:
ZQnfrv.jpg

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Thanks for putting this together, nice review

Last edited:
Reactions: cool1o

cool1o

Known Member
11/10/20
Germany
Really nice work cool1o . If you want to step it up a bit, you can always swap to gen hands and crystal and gasket.

I guess if I’m up with the funds and able to source gen hands that that will be my upgrade. They are totally fine like they are but getting closer to the real deal is always good!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Enjoy your watch over a period of time n upgrade the recommended parts gradually unless u can’t live with the “flaws”

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Nicely done mate. You didnt say anything about redlettering colour and bezel though. Maybe you could do that as well. Now, since im graphic techician and have trained eye for details i’d say pad print on subdials could be better but as you said these are really macro pics andI guess its not that noticeable in flesh. I would personally change the hands, they are just too much sloppy imo. What about bracelet? Improved? How is it compared to ARF?
I think it definitely worth $700 considering it has reliable super clone movement that its been sold separately for $400, and the waiting time at AD is “until you grow old”. I wouldnt evencall it a fake, after all even gens are replicas of very first copy arent they? ;)

Reactions: Ferax

Cadows

I'm Pretty Popular
29/3/18
Europe
Sorry I made a few typos its late here and IDGAF to correct it lol

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
I can't figure out how to show the pics on tapatalk. So here the album, sadly without my additions as text:
116500LN - ClickPix.org

For some reason i think the pics dont show for tapa when they are in the first post , you can try to repost them in the thread and see if they show up

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Great post with Awesome macro shots!

Congratz on your new acquisition and wear it in good health mate!

Now that you've spent 700, wait 'til you get into franken project lol that 700 will seem silly.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
I also decided to pull the trigger on a v4 noob 116500. Still being shipped but I’m excited to receive it and see how it looks. Nice macro pics. Thanks for sharing.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
cool1o - Nice Macro shots!! Wear in good health!! I have been on a waitlist for 30 months and refuse to buy DJs from the AD just to get my allocation.

My 2 cents - The black dial will grow on you over time. If you want to take it to the next level - install gen hands and crystal and get you movement serviced. If you plan to wear it frequently, consider putting in gen autowind parts as well.

KtsItaly

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
26/12/20
You need absolutely a gen gasket... and a cf bezel.
About the dial I have no experience with the black.. but I can assure you that there is an ARF white version that is 99% close to a gen specific mark.. Like the arf this gen mark is a little less white and with a more ceramic finishing and the arf is “identical”

YourWatch

Failed Dealer
22/1/17
Europe
Great review! Enjoy your watch! And I'd also recommend to get it fully serviced. Would be another few hundred dollars though, but ensures a long life.
Adding CF bezel, gen hands and autowinder would make it absolutely flawless piece.

cool1o

Known Member
11/10/20
Germany
Nicely done mate. You didnt say anything about redlettering colour and bezel though. Maybe you could do that as well. Now, since im graphic techician and have trained eye for details i’d say pad print on subdials could be better but as you said these are really macro pics andI guess its not that noticeable in flesh. I would personally change the hands, they are just too much sloppy imo. What about bracelet? Improved? How is it compared to ARF? (...)

Thank you! The red lettering of the DAYTONA text is probably a shade off internally, but this shouldn't be a problem on the black dial due to the layering on the black background. Not noticable. The white dial could show more of the wrong shade.

The V4 bezel is better than the current CF Bezel - that's what I've read here and saw a comparison. I could be wrong though since that info is a couple of month old now and in my dusty brain :D

Great post with Awesome macro shots!

Congratz on your new acquisition and wear it in good health mate!

Now that you've spent 700, wait 'til you get into franken project lol that 700 will seem silly.

Thank you!! Yeah, I'm afraid. 700$ broke a price barrier that I said I'd never surpass so I doubt that I will be able to hold any other of my promises to myself to never start buying gen parts :D

cool1o - Nice Macro shots!! Wear in good health!! I have been on a waitlist for 30 months and refuse to buy DJs from the AD just to get my allocation.

My 2 cents - The black dial will grow on you over time. If you want to take it to the next level - install gen hands and crystal and get you movement serviced. If you plan to wear it frequently, consider putting in gen autowind parts as well.

Thanks mate! I was told directly by the manager of the specific boutique of my AD that if I buy THREE more watches, (which need to be Breitling B01 watches) that they will recommend me for the next Rolex Daytona they get in. That was a fucking disgusting move so I said thank you, but since I don't have infinite income I'd either have money to buy a Daytona or three Breitling B01 models. I'll look into franken it as soon as I can square it with my conscience!

You need absolutely a gen gasket... and a cf bezel.
About the dial I have no experience with the black.. but I can assure you that there is an ARF white version that is 99% close to a gen specific mark.. Like the arf this gen mark is a little less white and with a more ceramic finishing and the arf is “identical”

The black V4 dial is as far as I'm aware better than the ARF black dial.
You're right for the white dial though! Thank you.

cool1o

Known Member
11/10/20
Germany
Great review! Enjoy your watch! And I'd also recommend to get it fully serviced. Would be another few hundred dollars though, but ensures a long life.
Adding CF bezel, gen hands and autowinder would make it absolutely flawless piece.

Thank you mate! The service will be inevitable since the chrono second hand is a bit hacky when engaged.

https://www.asian7750.co/pic_show.asp?u=0&pic=RX4035b/RX4035b1.jpgGreat review, amazing pics, good job my eyesight isn't good enough to pic out those minor flaws. I have a Daytona ordered I hope it looks and performs as good as yours, no idea what version it is, just says Noob? Anyone enlighten me?

As far as I'm aware that could be a Noob V2 or V3. The V4 just updated the ceramic models so it could be either both of the other ones. Maybe Asian7750 can answer it since it's his stock :D

RolexDayt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/1/15
Really curious how a worker at Rolex would look at this. Imo this is crazy close to gen