• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Batman or Milgauss?

AJB

Known Member
30/12/20
Northern Ireland
Looking to buy my next watch but can’t decide on which to go for.

So would you go for the Batman GMT or the Milguass and why?

Last edited:

AJB

Known Member
30/12/20
Northern Ireland

ZtzB7n.jpg

Last edited:

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
For me the Batman as it's a timeless looking classic plus you can wear it both formal or informal.

The Milgauss, to me, always looks like a formal wearing watch.

Both great watches so be greedy and purchase both! :drinks_cheers:

Reactions: AJB

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Agree with previous post. Batman is more versatile but is considered a “sports” watch. The pic you have is the batgirl (jubilee bracelet). You will need to buy multiple factory parts to get “best” aesthetics and movement.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I have a franken milgauss if you’re interested.

AJB

Known Member
30/12/20
Northern Ireland
For me the Batman as it's a timeless looking classic plus you can wear it both formal or informal.

Thanks buddy i don’t mind the milguass being a dressy watch, I do need one of those too. It is quite tempting to maybe get both, I’ll have to see lol

Hilltop

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/9/20

Totally agree with all of this :) - save on shipping

Reactions: GottaHave

gmanrep

Looking Around
10/2/21
I have a new batgirl (the picture you posted above) from jtime if you are interested, in california

tomaslc

1/6/20
Just acquired a gen milgauss, It really is a different watch... My boss has a batman, and I must say Migauss will remain more discreet and disruptive...

tomaslc

1/6/20
The big question I have around Rep Milgauss with GV (green glass), is how factories perform this glass work. I read Rolex did never pattent the way to build it due to the fact it is so complex to do... Is it made with a kind of transparent green paint around the glass?

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
The big question I have around Rep Milgauss with GV (green glass), is how factories perform this glass work. I read Rolex did never pattent the way to build it due to the fact it is so complex to do... Is it made with a kind of transparent green paint around the glass?

Only DJF factory make Milgauss with real green sapphire - actually sapphire crystal is half green underneath but it’s the closest rep green crystal you can get.
ARF and noob are not accurate at all.
if you decide to go from Milgauss go for DJF.

another watch/rep you may consider is BP Rolex Air King.

JaffaCakes

28/2/21
UK
Milgauss for me, to me it’s less flashy than the Batman, I’ve recently thought about getting one but went a different route.

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Batman/girl for me.
I don't find the Milgauss very interesting.
Then I.must admit that the BLNR is by far my fave Roli and one if my favourite watches all round.
It is also not very "formal," it is a thick steel tool watch with a steel bracelet, hardly the kind of watch to wear with black tie. It's natural territory is from smart casual to casual, it can be stuffed under a business suit if one must.
The BLNR covers more or less the same ground.
I wear it with a suit too - even though I really should know better.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
Watches with rotating outer bezels are always more interesting to look at. So go for the batman.

Reactions: GottaHave