• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 126234 build 36mm

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Hi guys

Ive been thinking about doing a 36mm datejust build for my wife. I need a bit of help, there is not a lot of info floating around here on the 36mm

We both like the new more fresh lines of the 12 series over the 11 series, so my only option at the moment is the GMF.

Date wheel looks pretty good on the TD sites, but I’m guessing I will change the crystal. Could anyone help me with the parts number for the gen crystal :)

she really like the diamond black dial, but I’ve never seen a “rep diamond” I real life. (Her other watches has real diamonds) Don’t know if it would have a nice sparkle or just look like glass :)

https://puretimewatch.io/datejust-36...et-sa3235.html

Another weak point would be the plated “gold” bezel, I’m thinking it won’t age well.

Have any of you had any experience with this watch they would like to share?

Last edited:
Reactions: sukwonee

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
I won't be of any help when it comes to the watch itself and the build but

I have experience with CZ and real diamond. To naked eye, I would say, it's almost indistinguishable from real diamond.

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
I won't be of any help when it comes to the watch itself and the build but

I have experience with CZ and real diamond. To naked eye, I would say, it's almost indistinguishable from real diamond.

Not true at all. They don't shine and burst, they just glitter.

Moissanites are very close. The color reflections are very similar, but no fire.

But CZs do not have fire. They just bling. And they dull after a while because it's a very soft material.

Last edited:

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I would never buy CZ for actual jewelry, I could imagine a ring or earrings looking dull after a couple of months. But the size of the stones in watches are TINY :) and they are protected from wear and tear on the glass

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW

Moissanites are very close. The color reflections are very similar, but no fire.

But CZs do not have fire. They just bling. And they dull after a while because it's a very soft material.

I am not disagreeing with you because everything you said is true. And also CZs have no inclusion (vs all diamonds have some).

However, I am talking in real life in normal average setting without loupe. They are very very very close.

I just took a Pic of my diamond ring and a CZ ring (both over 17 years old since purchased). These look identical to my naked eye. The way they sparkle too after all these years.

Reactions: 2841

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
IDK the full part number for a 6 digit DJ36 bro, that info is hard to find but there are charts for the 5 digit ones which take the same size crystal. The new ones would just have LEC and AR.

The 16234 takes a 25-295, so you could use a Sub crystal 25-295-c12-c1 if looking for a gen, or any equivalent aftermarket like a Clark's with AR cyclops. I like those and have used a lot of them. For $34.50 it's an acceptable solution at a great price. The DJ 36 uses a 1.8mm thick crystal.

https://blog.esslinger.com/generic-rolex-parts-crystal-chart/

Regarding "diamonds" in reps, I have a few of those and like them fine. Ofc nothing compares to the real thing but on the wrist the ones I have get the job done. They are fake watches so keep your expectations in line and don't worry about it not having the exact same sparkle. There's plenty of fake jewelry out there.

16114222835481.jpg

15661542419661.jpg

Wife's BP DJ36. I paid $235 for this two years ago before reps started getting price gouged. She wears it as much or more than her gen DJ31. It runs flawlessly on a winder, never been serviced, no issues at all with plating.
​​​​​​
16115830809040.jpg

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
IDK the full part number for a 6 digit DJ36 bro, that info is hard to find but there are charts for the 5 digit ones which take the same size crystal. The new ones would just have LEC and AR.

The 16234 takes a 25-295, so you could use a Sub crystal 25-295-c12-c1 if looking for a gen, or any equivalent aftermarket like a Clark's with AR cyclops. I like those and have used a lot of them. For $34.50 it's an acceptable solution at a great price. The DJ 36 uses a 1.8mm thick crystal.

https://blog.esslinger.com/generic-rolex-parts-crystal-chart/

Regarding "diamonds" in reps, I have a few of those and like them fine. Ofc nothing compares to the real thing but on the wrist the ones I have get the job done. They are fake watches so keep your expectations in line and don't worry about it not having the exact same sparkle. There's plenty of fake jewelry out there.

Wife's BP DJ36. I paid $235 for this two years ago before reps started getting price gouged. She wears it as much or more than her gen DJ31. It runs flawlessly on a winder, never been serviced, no issues at all with plating.
​​​​​​

Thanks KJ

You are a lifesaver :)

So basically i can just use a sub crystal, that's great news, i already have a couple of gen 25-295-c12-c1 sitting here, waiting for a project :)

Your watches looks great, and im not to worried about it being perfect. This is just a build i wanna do, so she have something to wear when we are traveling to places with somewhat lower security :)

Thanks again for the help, i appreciate it

Reactions: KJ2020

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

I'm genuinely curious why you would write such false statements??? I'm baffled!

Anyways... The diamond fire depends on the cut, clarity and of course colour of the diamond. Too shallow like most amateur jewelers do will result in bad light dispersion. Round brilliant has the best fire because it has the most facests for light to reflect. If I recall it's around 59 or 60.

Diamonds go from D to Z while CZ are made to look like D and have no grading chart because of this. Diamonds fire reflect white light while CZ reflect a more brighter and more rainbow effect. Those are one of the tells for experienced jewelers.

Diamonds have a dispersion rate of 0.044 while CZ have 0.064... what that means is the fire and rainbow effect is greater in CZ.

I don't even know where you got CZ as a soft material from, when it's 8.5 in hardness scale?? It's the surface air that eventually clouds the CZ.

My recommendation to the OP would be buy CZ if it's on the dial, being inside the watch will keep it in great condition. For bezel I would go lab diamonds. Problem is if you want real diamonds you need to go with D to G. Anything below it you start to see yellow and it's not a good look. Mind you it's more expensive and that is ultimately why CZ are so popular since they mimic a flawless colourless diamond for fraction of the cost.

Rant over.

Reactions: KJ2020 and KOT1917

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
2841 ooo, using a b25-295-c12-c1 crystal you already own is a great solution, will be fantastic for the job! I don’t know if you’ll choose to re-use your watch stock crystal gasket in your build or not, but if for any reason you don’t fancy that gasket - grab a 2.0mm or 2.3mm height gasket to use with that b25-295-c12 etc.
(If you had a full blister pack for b25-295-c12-c1 I think the gen gaskets included in that packet ‘for a six digit sub’ are a teeny tiny bit too tall.
So re-use you gasket or buy 2.0/2.3 maybe?

I’m really excited to see what you do. Big fan of anyone who’ll put together a watch for a loved one :) haha

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA

Anyways... The diamond fire depends on the cut, clarity and of course colour of the diamond. Too shallow like most amateur jewelers do will result in bad light dispersion. Round brilliant has the best fire because it has the most facests for light to reflect. If I recall it's around 59 or 60.

Diamonds go from D to Z while CZ are made to look like D and have no grading chart because of this. Diamonds fire reflect white light while CZ reflect a more brighter and more rainbow effect. Those are one of the tells for experienced jewelers.

Diamonds have a dispersion rate of 0.044 while CZ have 0.064... what that means is the fire and rainbow effect is greater in CZ.

I don't even know where you got CZ as a soft material from, when it's 8.5 in hardness scale?? It's the surface air that eventually clouds the CZ.

My recommendation to the OP would be buy CZ if it's on the dial, being inside the watch will keep it in great condition. For bezel I would go lab diamonds. Problem is if you want real diamonds you need to go with D to G. Anything below it you start to see yellow and it's not a good look. Mind you it's more expensive and that is ultimately why CZ are so popular since they mimic a flawless colourless diamond for fraction of the cost.

Rant over.

When i bought my wife her engagement ring i did a lot of research on diamonds, and yes, the above posted is right. Once you got above 1 carat stones, all the different factors really weighed in. But the stones in these watches are TINY, and i think as KJ pointed out, you really don't see the difference.

My wife have a couple of gens with diamonds now, and you just see i tiny sparkle on the dial :)

And none of us like diamond bezels :)

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
2841 ooo, using a b25-295-c12-c1 crystal you already own is a great solution, will be fantastic for the job! I don’t know if you’ll choose to re-use your watch stock crystal gasket in your build or not, but if for any reason you don’t fancy that gasket - grab a 2.0mm or 2.3mm height gasket to use with that b25-295-c12 etc.
(If you had a full blister pack for b25-295-c12-c1 I think the gen gaskets included in that packet ‘for a six digit sub’ are a teeny tiny bit too tall.
So re-use you gasket or buy 2.0/2.3 maybe?

I’m really excited to see what you do. Big fan of anyone who’ll put together a watch for a loved one :) haha

My plan was to use the stock gasket if its a good fit. (As long as it doesn't look like a Noob gasket i should be fine :)

Thanks for the interest i'll keep this post updated with the progress after CNY :)

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
When i bought my wife her engagement ring i did a lot of research on diamonds, and yes, the above posted is right. Once you got above 1 carat stones, all the different factors really weighed in. But the stones in these watches are TINY, and i think as KJ pointed out, you really don't see the difference.

My wife have a couple of gens with diamonds now, and you just see i tiny sparkle on the dial :)

And none of us like diamond bezels :)

Exactly, the CZ is fine for the watch. Yea bezel diamonds are too flashy. The worst is when they put it on the bracelet.....yuck. The GMF dial looks fine for the wifey though. Gen bezel and crystal and she got a nice watch!

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
Exactly, the CZ is fine for the watch. Yea bezel diamonds are too flashy. The worst is when they put it on the bracelet.....yuck. The GMF dial looks fine for the wifey though. Gen bezel and crystal and she got a nice watch!

And i don’t have to worry about her loosing it :)

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20

Rant over.

If you really don't, I'm sorry for you.
The colors reflected are different, the way it reflects light is different.

It's like saying silver and white gold look alike, alright guy. To each his own.

​​​​​​

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So I decided to go with a 36mm black stick dial, and put in a gen crystal. The watch with come with a SA3235 movement.

KJ2020 is it correctly understood that I can take the movement from a 41mm and put it directly in the 36mm case? If so I would love to put in the new VS3235 from VSF https://puretimewatch.io/datejust-41...et-vs3235.html

The gen DJ36 does use the 3235 so on paper it should fit bro. IDK if your DJ36 case will take one. A lot of rep 36mm cases are made to house DG/ETAs. Ones made for the 3135 have a very tight fit. Look at this ARF

https://trustytime.io/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_12&products_id=20805

The stubs that stick out of the 3235 movement might need to be modded a little, they look pretty long for a DJ36 case.

Some better movement pics here

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...ement-teardown

Last edited: