• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SENDING WATCH TO UK FROM GERMANY

Deviner5

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
25/9/20
Hi I am looking to get my rep sent from Germany to UK Tomrep has advised because of Brexit and uk lock down they now want him to fill out paperwork with what is in the package , before he would just write address and send. But he is unsure what He should write on parcel , he thought watch repair but worried driver etc sees it's a watch and steels package, and wanted to no if anyone had any suggestions if should put down as watch repair ( I wouldn't think driver would see notes of what is in package ) or car part etc , he says you can get express delivery but is around £100 which seems to dear to pay any help thank you !!

imaballa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/9/20
What about sending from China to UK? How illegal is that, are there some serious legal implications if they find out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
I just wrote the address and sent it, i sent one to germany last week,.

He’s sending from Germany. It’s different - they have rules.

I suggest calling it a broken clock or key ring. Ask at your local post office the best way to send it. They will know. The problems are more about packages going into the EU rather than the other way round. We still have no idea in the UK, and tend to ignore any problems.

Reactions: MiMo62

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Ah, my bad. If it's used 2nd hand or even broken/faulty goods or 'send for repair' then there should be no implications? If it were me and I were concerned, I'd take the bracelet off and any other bits I could dismantle and send altogether marked as 'for repair work'.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Yeah, that should be fine. I always mark it as I suggested as a watch worth repairing is a watch worth stealing, and no one cares about a clock. Or a key ring.

Last edited:

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
Toy watch, watch for repair, watch parts for repair. We need to put customs forms on our out going parcels now in the uk, I tend to label “watch parts for repair” and haven’t had any issues.

Deviner5

Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
25/9/20
I agreed we just put it down as gift - fashion accessories , when my watch went from China direct to Germany TD put it down as fashion accessories so we agreed to just go with that ,

Deviner5

Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
25/9/20
I agreed we just put it down as gift - fashion accessories , when my watch went from China direct to Germany TD put it down as fashion accessories so we agreed to just go with that ,

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Bought a watch from Germany shipped on Jan 8th. We agree with the seller to use Hermes - cost was around €20 - and I have still not received it. Red ruban Brexit bullshit is a pain in the a@se

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk