• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF vs. VSF DateJust 41 126334

exilen

Renowned Member
12/11/18
Does anyone have this Watch to Sell with gen dw and crystal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
jiro may I ask, are the jubilee bracelets between then vsf and arf similar? I found the vsf jubilee bracelet more flimsy as compared to the gen.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

For me, both arf & vsf had similar feeling and quality. Maybe a bit better on vsf in build quality but i'm sure nothing like gen.

I give oil bath to all my rep bracelets to get rid of that flimsy feeling with squeaky sounds.

They feel and sounds so much better afterwards.

I highly recommend it to anyone who hate that squeaky sounds your clasp makes when you shake them when they are loose.

Marcospcol

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
22/8/19
hello friends, I have read the whole thread of datejust vsf and arf, my final conclusions are: 1- Both are incredible, buy the one that you want 2- sharper date wheel and generally better in the ARF 3- best ARF case and bracelet 4- cloned movement so if you want to make a franklen better vsf 5- better handles in the vsf 6- crown best vsf 7- colors and brightness dial, I don't know which is better, according to the photo one or the other looks better. can someone make a mini summary of pros and cons of vsf and arf v3? I have a ruckus in the head and I do not get anything clear no matter how much I search

Reactions: baetona

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I'll make it simple for you. Best ootb DJ41 to date is VSF (even if ARF v3 is very good).

If you're planning to franken it. Do some more reading in other VSF and ARF DJ threads since there is no short answer to that.

Last edited:
Reactions: jiro

Marcospcol

Banned
22/8/19
I'll make it simple for you. Best ootb DJ41 to date is VSF (even if ARF v3 is very good).

If you're planning to franken it. Do some more reading in other VSF and ARF DJ threads since there is no short answer to that.

More or less is what I have clear, but I would like if an expert could emphasize the failures and virtues of each one with a summary and thus it is written so that each one makes their decisions and can assess and focus more on the details. I am not looking for them to feed me with a spoon, I have read all the threads but I still have doubts and I am not clear about the pros and cons of each one,

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
I have read all the threads but I still have doubts and I am not clear about the pros and cons of each one,

If you have read all the threads then let me tell you, thats some hell of a reading and you are the expert and you should enlighten us. Because most of the "experts" here (me included) have not even read 50% of it.

Even if an "expert" writes a summary here. There will always be one, two or more experts that will say something else. Thats why the threads are so long already.

Last edited:
Reactions: Captainunderpants

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
hello friends, I have read the whole thread of datejust vsf and arf, my final conclusions are: 1- Both are incredible, buy the one that you want 2- sharper date wheel and generally better in the ARF

Where did you read that about the ARF datewheel?

Marcospcol

Banned
22/8/19
Where did you read that about the ARF datewheel?

Sorry, I got confused, the date wheel is better in arf, in vsf it is poorly defined under macro photo.

Well, if I have read both the complete thread of vsf and that of arf but the truth is that almost everything is straw, it is difficult to draw conclusions. my conclusions son:

- best date wheel in arf
- very good bracelet and case in both, maybe better arf
- brightness of the dial I have not been able to make anything clear, in each photo it looks different, sometimes it seems better vsf and other arf
- movement, if you want something reliable and you are not going to Modulefuck the arf watch, to make franklen better movement cloned from vsf
- lume good in both
- corona, the latest updates better with vsf
Are you agree? can someone add something else as a summary?

Marcospcol

Banned
22/8/19
box handles better vsf, arf's are too sharp, I add

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Sorry, I got confused, the date wheel is better in arf, in vsf it is poorly defined under macro photo.

Sorry, if my question wasn't precise enough. Where did you read that the ARF DJ41 datewheel is NOT crap? Because... it is.

Last edited:

Iwantone2

Horology Curious
8/9/17
London uk
Anyone experience slight indent on the dial where markers are. Looks like they have been pushed on too hard giving the dial a warped effect around them. Can’t catch in a photo to show but it’s bugging me. Anyone notice this

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North
You just wrote the same question in the VSF DJ thread. It's a known "issue" in the latest batch. You need to read some more.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iwantone2

chrisomatic

22/6/15
Is there a comparison between GEN vs VSF vs ARF for the Rhodium dial? I mean this thread here is super valuable but I'm curious about Rhodium aswell.

Cheers!

Dubdubdub

Looking Around
27/7/21
Well said!! There are a few other areas of consideration.

ARF Jubilee bracelet is amazing but then recently noticed on the VSF thread that a member used VSF jubilee on his gen (so it must be that good)

The VSF has the true clone 3235 movement which takes gen balance/bridge, autowind and even a gen 3235 DW. So its potential for franken/modding is promising. I have a franken ARF (Gen Rhodium Dial, gen crystal, 3235 DW overlay, gen 2824 and gen crown). But if I were to do this today - I would absolutely go with the VSF. Its great ootb and has infinite modding potential.

Where did you source your franken parts from? Just got arf v3 3235 datejust and thinking of doing the same