ARF vs. VSF DateJust 41 126334

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by andyr View Post

Not sure what you're showing here mate. Looks like the top two pics, gen v vsf, then bottom two ARF v VSF (bigger gap between 2 and 5 in 25 marker. Is that correct?
    in the first two photos you see a Gen, then a VSF and then an ARF.

I only posted to compare the dial color.

from these photos and from these lights "it seems" that VSF is more similar to the gen (in color)

Comment

Originally posted by jiro View Post
      After spending a whole day looking at both ARF & VSF next to each other in all kinds of different light settings.....

I honestly like ARF dial better even though it's further away from gen....I know all the VSF fanboys out there will kill me for saying this but VSF dial just doesn't have enough of that deep rich blue color and also lacks in sunburst as well.

I've came to a conclusion that I'm gonna keep the VSF and just gonna get the gen dial eventually since it seems like it's interchangeable.

My ultimate goal would be gen crystal (already purchased & on the way),
      gen d/w (does it take 3135 or 3235? I remember reading someone saying it takes 3135 instead of 3235),
      gen dial, hands and crown.

It's gonna be a fun and long ass journey!

Cheers.
      That's nice comparison pics. Is it ARF v3 you own? I have the v2 and your dial seem to have deeper blue than mine but it could just be the lighning. Do you know if ARF changed dial color from v2 to v3?

I only thought it was the 6-o'clock crown that was added in v3 but maybe also a color/sunburst update?

Comment

Originally posted by jiro View Post
        Just received my VSF today and thought I share some comparison shots with ARF.
        Great pics bro, thanks. I almost grabbed a VSF blue today. I currently have a Noob and while its shade of blue is not gen-like, it looks nice to me. Obviously the dial is a 11x series.

The crowns are different too on all three dials.

Last edited by KJ2020; 10-02-21, 10:56.
        We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
        GMT Movements Explained
        BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
        Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
        The Fantasy Watch Thread
        Noob GMT's poor bezel design
        Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by Clarkent View Post

in the first two photos you see a Gen, then a VSF and then an ARF.

I only posted to compare the dial color.

from these photos and from these lights "it seems" that VSF is more similar to the gen (in color)
          Thanks for clarifying and the pics, but the VSF is surely below the ARF as denoted by the bigger gap in the 25 marker.

Comment

Originally posted by andyr View Post

Thanks for clarifying and the pics, but the VSF is surely below the ARF as denoted by the bigger gap in the 25 marker.
            Yes Sir

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by srhoque View Post

Nice summary, from your pics I also like the deeper blue contrast of ARF.

The 126610 VSF takes a 3135 DW (they used the wrong date plate here), however the DJ41 in VSF takes the gen 3235 DW, I have confirmed this from my Watchmaker.
              Probably the 126610 VSF 3135 date plate was necessary since the dial is the older style 3135 dial with dial feet. So for a 3235, the 126610 VSF dial is not gen-spec.

VSF used the new 3235 style dial in the DJ41. It has no feet and so the 3235 date plate has no feet holes in it. The dial is friction fit, the lower rims hug the movement. Rotation is prevented by stubs protruding from the movement.

(Pics borrowed from other threads]

GMT Movements Explained
              The Fantasy Watch Thread
              Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by KJ2020 View Post

Probably the 126610 VSF 3135 date plate was necessary since the dial is the older style 3135 dial with dial feet. So for a 3235, the 126610 VSF dial is not gen-spec.

VSF used the new 3235 style dial in the DJ41. It has no feet and so the 3235 date plate has no feet holes in it. The dial is friction fit, the lower rims hug the movement. Rotation is prevented by stubs protruding from the movement.

(Pics borrowed from other threads]
                You got it KJ!! That's exactly correct. In future they will probably fix the 126610 dials also.

Comment

I'd take the ARF dial over VSF any day, genlike or not. VSF is washed in comparison. ARF dial on VSF is probably the nicest build at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Duckber View Post
                    I'd take the ARF dial over VSF any day, genlike or not. VSF is washed in comparison. ARF dial on VSF is probably the nicest build at the moment.
                    You would have to either clip the ARF dial feet and use dial dots (eww) or drill holes into the VSF 3235 date plate (challenging and possibly not feasible due to placement issues).

Another solution could be to drill holes in the VSF 3235 date plate in places where there are no issues due to other elements being in the way, and reglue feet onto the ARF dial in those acceptable spots.
                    GMT Movements Explained
                    The Fantasy Watch Thread
                    Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

Originally posted by Duckber View Post
                      I hear you Have owned the ARF Blue for a long time now (since their v1). The blue is deeper with stronger hues and goes through infinite color variations. The big problem is the dial gets too dark during some light conditions. I don't know about VSF but the gen blue in sunlight is pure magic!!

Comment

I haven’t seen an ARF in real life but saying that the VSF dial is dull or boring is hilarious imo. I would only change it to a gen dial if anything

Comment

Originally posted by Snil View Post
                          I haven’t seen an ARF in real life but saying that the VSF dial is dull or boring is hilarious imo. I would only change it to a gen dial if anything
                          This is relatively speaking. On its own it's fine. Put it near the ARF and ARF just looks better. Gen dial or bust makes little sense to me but to each their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Snil View Post
                            VSF still is best looking out of the box 126334 for sure, especially with 3235 movement.

Trust me....I really wanted to like it's dial....but just can't....more I look at it...i just can't.

that's why i'm going after gen dial now....

Comment

Not sure which memberthat justshared this fine comparison pic. Gen to the left and VSF on the right. I don't really understand people that say VSF has a lack of sunburst. Am I blind?

There are like 100 more comparison pics here, I don't neee to repost them all but it looks like VSF is about 95% correct i dial

Last edited by Akilles; 11-02-21, 07:10.

Comment

Akilles Blue one's halfway OK but not on gen level. VSF's Rhodium is worse, you have to see that in hand. Very obviously wrong...

Comment

Working...
                                X