• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Some pics of Noob 126610LV Cermit

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
These aren't the best pics (I didn't take them lol) but I asked my buddy to take some pics of his Noob Cermit at certain angles that you guys might be interested in.

I cannot speak to the overall quality and feel to the watch (I haven't handled this in person) but I think Noob did better in certain aspects of this model over VSF. And of course VSF did better than Noob in many ways.

Without further ado, here are the pics.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Those pics are fine. The Noob looks like a respectable offering. The insert might be the biggest negative vs VSF, hard to compete with a CF insert. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: sukwonee

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Those pics are fine. The Noob looks like a respectable offering. The insert might be the biggest negative vs VSF, hard to compete with a CF insert. Thanks for sharing!

I haven't seen this in person but I think you're right. After the Chinese New Year, I will probably buy the VSF Cermit and hopefully I can meet up with my buddy and do a side by side to compare. One of my old Noob 116610LN had a pretty decent Insert when compared to my VSF 116610LN so hopefully Noob did okay on the Cermit too.

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Looks like Noob have made a great rep? Crown sits low, can’t be a 3235 that is it?

No clone movement in this one. I was told they used 2824 and the price offered on this was a lot cheaper than VSF as well (about 150 USD cheaper if I remember correctly)

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
Looks not better than VSF, sorry!

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2S mit Tapatalk

no need to be sorry lol this isn't even my watch nor am I somehow tied to Noob.

I actually own a VSF 116610LN myself (a huge fan of this watch) and comparing anything to VSF rolex products is such a high bar. I just wanted to post some pics to those that are wondering how the noob version looks like in person. Noob is significantly cheaper than Green and VSF offerings (and imho the lugs and SEL area including the midl-ink look slightly better than VSF). So I am sure there would be some members that might find these pics helpful.

tribal

Renowned Member
27/3/06
Germany
no need to be sorry lol this isn't even my watch nor am I somehow tied to Noob.

I actually own a VSF 116610LN myself (a huge fan of this watch) and comparing anything to VSF rolex products is such a high bar. I just wanted to post some pics to those that are wondering how the noob version looks like in person. Noob is significantly cheaper than Green and VSF offerings (and imho the lugs and SEL area including the midl-ink look slightly better than VSF). So I am sure there would be some members that might find these pics helpful.
So this is now the problem, you judge only from the Pics. I handled the Noob and I also own the VSF 126610.
I can only say the VSF is far better than the Noob in real. Everything on the VSF is way better replicated.
The bracelet is better quality on VSF like everything else.
It feels premium against the Noob
Haptic, look and quality does not compare to Noob.
You must handle both watches to compare it!

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
So this is now the problem, you judge only from the Pics. I handled the Noob and I also own the VSF 126610.
I can only say the VSF is far better than the Noob in real. Everything on the VSF is way better replicated.
The bracelet is better quality on VSF like everything else.
It feels premium against the Noob
Haptic, look and quality does not compare to Noob.
You must handle both watches to compare it!

Yeah for sure and I wasn't really comparing the two watches other than specific details. I do plan on buying the VSF after the CNY and hopefully meet up with my buddy to do a real life side by side. What you wrote above is great information and is in line with my expectations as well. I wouldn't expect less from VSF from quality perspective over Noob or other factories.

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
So received my Noob 126610LV yesterday it is on the hand for the first day to feel the difference.
More pics to compare will come during the week.

VSF 126610LV
Noob 126610LV

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
So received my Noob 126610LV yesterday it is on the hand for the first day to feel the difference.

[/url]

Beautiful.

I don't know if i'm crazy, but can you check if, when seen from the side, the insert is "different" between the two? I mean, i saw some pics, and the VSF's insert looked "steeper" than the Noob's insert, that looked "flatter". was that just my impression or they are the same?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19

VSF 126610LV
ZtTpFQ.jpg

Noob 126610LV
ZtTPAL.jpg

I've got some questions if you don't mind.

How does the VSF feel in-hand vs Noob? Is it more premium? Or the same?

Do you notice a difference in lug shape between the two?

Do the dials seem to be the same size? How are the crystals?

Noob is weird. Their subs and YMs don't feel high quality but their GMTs (aside from crappy movement) have had good reviews about feel in-hand and their Daytonas are honestly really good. I can attest for the 116519. Their Subs always lacked though.

Feel in hand might be different or worse than VSF but in those head to head shots you can clearly see the SEL profile and recess is way better on Noob however.

Because of angle lug shape is a bit harder to comment on.

Looking forward to what your thoughts are!

Last edited:

Ro13x

Renowned Member
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/19
Europe
Two quick pics more will follow under natural light!

First impressions:

+ VSF bracelet
+ VSF crystal
- Noob date font too thin
- Noob feels a little bit sharper on case and bracelet

For shape, dial and bezel details I hope the pros can give some feedback.
I have no gen to compare but I will get the dimensions of the gen and will post them tomorrow.

Reactions: N0tail_

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Two quick pics more will follow under natural light!

First impressions:

+ VSF bracelet
+ VSF crystal
- Noob date font too thin
- Noob feels a little bit sharper on case and bracelet

For shape, dial and bezel details I hope the pros can give some feedback.
I have no gen to compare but I will get the dimensions of the gen and will post them tomorrow.

can you take some pics from the sides? I wanna see if the inclination/slope of the insert is the same in both the noob and the VSF (and possibly the gen)

sukwonee

I'm Pretty Popular
7/9/11
PNW
looks like Noob's insert color is slightly lighter green compared to VSF (I have no idea which is more accurate). Pearl casing shape and size look different as well.