• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Datejust 41 Rhodium Dial - Review & Macros

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
Great pictures man, thank you! I already have a Rhodium dial but makes me wanna get the other two as well!

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
To me, the VSF lugs looks more rounded than arf, so it looks like less genuine to me.. Or i got lucky with a good batch arfv3 with less rounded lugs

Reactions: Tete

Spinboy7

Looking Around
20/1/19
Little Red Dot
Awesome pics man!! I always love the Rhodium color cos it is unique. Of course the blue is also in my list... very nice!! :)

Tete

4/11/16
The VSF bezel is ever so slightly whiter due to some plating, but it's too small a difference to properly see it on the pictures. Even in hand it's hard to notice because of the mad reflections on the fluted bezels. I'll take off the bracelets and do some more comparison shots of the case in the next days. The lugs on the VSF seem a bit slimmer than ARF.

That ARF of yours is hard to beat, mine isn't that great v1, it's the only case that comes close to gen. I like the overall VSF look but can't order one due to the wrong case. I'll wait for ARF v4 or VSF V2 ... and if they don't, I'll patiently look for an ARf like yours. Congratulations on the two dj41

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Tete Yep, that ARF's a keeper. Seen many with worse finished cases and the blue dial is great. Not that the VSF is bad though and the movement is really accurate so far. Took it out of the box this morning and it only gained 6s since Saturday ~5PM. If ARF manages to produce good datewheels OOTB and fixes the crown, they're still ahead of VSF IMHO.

Last edited:

Braemar

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/20
Thanks for the review. What do you think of the quality of the dial of the VSF vs ARF dial?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Tete Yep, that ARF's a keeper. Seen many with worse finished cases and the blue dial is great. Not that the VSF is bad though and the movement is really accurate so far. Took it out of the box this morning and it only gained 6s since Saturday ~5PM. If ARF manages to produce good datewheels OOTB and fixes the crown, they're still ahead of VSF IMHO.

Honestly the ARF DJ41 I had seemed to have a very good crystal. On par with my VSF sub. Is the VSF crystal on the DJ41 better than ARFs ?

Last edited:

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Braemar The sunburst effect on the VSF dial is too weak for my taste. Looks a little dull compared to ARF. Haven't compared to a gen though.

​​​​​​​
Honestly the ARF DJ41 I had seemed to have a very good crystal. On par with my VSF sub. Is the VSF crystal on the DJ41 better than ARFs ?

The standard crystal is very similar to ARF OOTB. But you can see a significant difference to the gen crystal that's in my ARF.

Reactions: Duckber

stufuse

Put Some Respect On My Name
22/10/17
UK
ARF Xtals were not nice, not like a vsf sub xtal (for me anyway)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
2/5/16
Now that I have three of the new VSF models, seeing those crystals, I dont see the need for swapping them. They are a notch below gen.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
No big difference between both DJ crystals OOTB. And both not close enough to gen IMHO.

I normally agree with you in your remarks but Arf xtal is garbage. vsf is way better and its closer to gen but still needs some work, soecially on the xtal profile. Here's compare to my sub.
Zt0041.jpg
Zt0Jm4.jpg
Zt0bgj.jpg
Zt0VPI.jpg
ZtbDeX.jpg
Zt0cSc.jpg

Last edited:

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Agree that VSF has nice crystals and probably a tad better than ARF, but I'll also get a gen one for my 116610. I've seen ARF glasses that aren't catastrophic though as well, my SD43 was halfway OK.

SuperBatman

24/9/20
thanks for the awesome photos! really convinced me to purchase the DJ41 with rhodium dial from VSF...

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
I want one. thanks for the review. Also, I wonder if that melty looking gen cyclops edge is just the glue they forgot to clean up or what? looks so strange..

Papagio

25/2/20
Thanks a lot for review ! She's so fine. I'm all right for the crystal but the arf glace is better than before.
I want it ! But I prefer 36mm version. Do you have any information on the release of this model ??