• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Datejust 41 Rhodium Dial - Review & Macros

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
I received my new VSF Datejust 41 from Sead yesterday. The parcel arrived 11 days after QC approval which is super fast these days for a shipment from China. First impression is great, looks and feels great. Thanks again to Sead for his service, everything's aligned well, the movement started up out of the box without winding, keeps time well.

Build quality on this one is really good, expected nothing else from VSF. It's a little ahead of my ARF DJ41 in some details e.g. the crown. The bracelet is just as good as the ones I know from my VSF AT and the VSF 126610LN. No oil treatment is necessary, edges feel less sharp than my 126610 bracelet actually, clasp opens and closes with a solid click. Workmanship on the metal parts is on the same level as my ARF DJ41, only the hands (hour hand in particular) could be finished a little better. Polished and brushed surfaces on the case and bracelt look good, see macros below. The dial print is reasonably sharp, datewheel print has the usual minor imperfections close up, not visible with the naked eye. Maybe a little less 3D/bumped than a gen R factory datewheel print. The hands and markers are OK but worse than on my 126610, take a look at the hour hand shot to see what I mean. The dial markers are good with no critical finishing issues. The fluted bezel is finished perfectly, very nice polished surfaces and tack sharp teeth. The rehaut and datewheel are aligned, with the serial numbers not 100% perfectly distributed between the minute markers. All barely visible to the eyes, below pictures are at 10x to 30x magnification. SELs and SEL recess look good, clasp finish as well, both the brushing and polished middle links. Here's a ton of pictures for your enjoyment, they're all linked to the full size images upon click. Sorry for some dust, lints and smudges I didn't get properly cleaned.

Edit: one more thing regarding the cyclops. It's OK, but still a bit away from R factory as you can see in the comparison shots. It seems to run out flatter towards the edges. The gen cyclops has what I call the "acrylic" look, not replicated by any rep crystal so far. Ther's a kind of additional bevel around the edge of the gen cyclops, see side-by-side with gen crystal on my ARF below.

Zr6pvI.jpg

Zr6l64.jpg

Zr6QAj.jpg

Zr6tF1.jpg

Zr6Pjc.jpg

Zr6TOX.jpg

Zr6Xki.jpg

Zr6dJb.jpg

Zr6wap.jpg

Zr64p5.jpg

Zr6MFF.jpg

Zr6uAt.jpg

Zr6v82.jpg

Zr67vE.jpg

Zr6Nzn.jpg

Zr6RY3.jpg

Zr6fks.jpg

Zr6FVY.jpg

Zr6SiD.jpg

Zr6bGo.jpg

Zr60pk.jpg

Zr6JAJ.jpg

Zr6V8P.jpg

Zr6c7W.jpg

Zr8DzS.jpg

Zr8ZYQ.jpg

Last edited:

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Thanks for the review, nice watch.Need to get one but I always thought it is for people which are over 70. Will pick a black one after CNY.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Last edited:

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
Great right up mate. Looks really good. Think I’ll pick up the blue on jubilee.

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Thanks for the review, nice watch.Need to get one but I always thought it is for people which are over 70. Will pick a black one after CNY.

Thought the same until I had it on my arm. It goes really well with a biz casual outfit like Chinos and a shirt (or Polo). :thumbsup:

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Thought the same until I had it on my arm. It goes really well with a biz casual outfit like Chinos and a shirt (or Polo). :thumbsup:

I only wear chinos and Polos, so I will get one.
Jubi or Oyster? I like the Jubi on pictures, when I had it on my
Pepsi, I didn‘t like it.

Last edited:

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
Great review, thank you for your time and feedback. Amazing close up pictures too. Would do take face up/face down/sides of the overall watch please? Outdoor shots too?

All the components looks very well build indeed, and that DW is one of the best upgrade regarding what ARF used to offer.

It seems ARF lost his DJ crown boys.

Last edited:

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU
Coronet, Markers on the Dial have improved a lot and looks spot on.
I don't see any bleeding of ink on the Datewheel and they are almost 90% to the mark...
Brushing has improved a lot but still needs bit of improvement

Just makes me wonder, if VSF can make such a good watch with awesome movements, why someone needs a low end Swiss made watches anymore?

Reactions: Jayalvin777

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
Pepsi, I didn‘t like it.

Jubilee for dressy, oyster for more sporty look. Always jubilee on DJ for me!

federik91

Renowned Member
3/12/15
I received my new VSF Datejust 41 from Sead yesterday. The parcel arrived 11 days after QC approval which is super fast these days for a shipment from China. First impression is great, looks and feels great. Thanks again to Sead for his service, everything's aligned well, the movement started up out of the box without winding, keeps time well.

Build quality on this one is really good, expected nothing else from VSF. It's a little ahead of my ARF DJ41 in some details e.g. the crown. The bracelet is just as good as the ones I know from my VSF AT and the VSF 126610LN. No oil treatment is necessary, edges feel less sharp than my 126610 bracelet actually, clasp opens and closes with a solid click. Workmanship on the metal parts is on the same level as my ARF DJ41, only the hands (hour hand in particular) could be finished a little better. Polished and brushed surfaces on the case and bracelt look good, see macros below. The dial print is reasonably sharp, datewheel print has the usual minor imperfections close up, not visible with the naked eye. Maybe a little less 3D/bumped than a gen R factory datewheel print. The hands and markers are OK but worse than on my 126610, take a look at the hour hand shot to see what I mean. The dial markers are good with no critical finishing issues. The fluted bezel is finished perfectly, very nice polished surfaces and tack sharp teeth. The rehaut and datewheel are aligned, with the serial numbers not 100% perfectly distributed between the minute markers. All barely visible to the eyes, below pictures are at 10x to 30x magnification. SELs and SEL recess look good, clasp finish as well, both the brushing and polished middle links. Here's a ton of pictures for your enjoyment, they're all linked to the full size images upon click. Sorry for some dust, lints and smudges I didn't get properly cleaned.

Edit: one more thing regarding the cyclops. It's OK, but still a bit away from R factory as you can see in the comparison shots. It seems to run out flatter towards the edges. The gen cyclops has what I call the "acrylic" look, not replicated by any rep crystal so far. Ther's a kind of additional bevel around the edge of the gen cyclops, see side-by-side with gen crystal on my ARF below.

[aIMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/clickpix.org\/images\/Zr6pvI.jpg"}[/IMG2]
Thanks for Your Review...i see more quality in your photos than in TD’s threads

Rolexman72

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/5/18
The watch looks great, thanks for the photos and your review. Now we await VSf Dj 36 Jubilee smooth bezel ... model 126200

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Pepsi, I didn‘t like it.
Welcome to the club, I hate the BLNR/BLRO GMTs with Jubilees. Looks awesome on the Datejust though, I'd definitely go for it if you'll only get one. Only chose the Oyster for this one as I already have the ARF on Jubilee.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Nice comparison and shots. Do you see any difference in case shape? How about quality feel of the case between the two? Any difference in the fluted bezels?

YellowFin

28/1/20
Molvania
Nice comparison and shots. Do you see any difference in case shape? How about quality feel of the case between the two? Any difference in the fluted bezels?

The VSF bezel is ever so slightly whiter due to some plating, but it's too small a difference to properly see it on the pictures. Even in hand it's hard to notice because of the mad reflections on the fluted bezels. I'll take off the bracelets and do some more comparison shots of the case in the next days. The lugs on the VSF seem a bit slimmer than ARF.

Last edited:
Reactions: Duckber