• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Datejust 41 Rhodium Dial - Review & Macros

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Because this topic was discussed a few times over the forum and I got PMs. The VSF is definitely too white in some light conditions - can't unsee that once you notice. Here are three shots for comparison. First is my VSF's QC picture, the second is a gen, the third is my modded bezel with whitegold plating.

ZCYoE1.jpg

ZCYIHj.jpg

ZCYOy4.jpg

Explorer123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/21
Wow that looks nice !! Will definitely be getting the plating.

Im looking to buy a VSF Dj41 rodium with jubilee been searching most TDs but no one seems to have it only available on oyster.

Amyone know of a td with dj41 rodium with jubilee bracelet ?

imaballa

8/9/20
Haven't seen many comments on the white gold plating. What's the quality of that like? Does it come out nicely, or dead giveaway?

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Stunning watch, beautiful pictures, nice writing, I need one!

Reactions: Elno38

Therion666

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
26/12/13
Great review, your photos are making me want to buy a watch I don't even like. At all :)

Who did the plating job on the bezel? I wonder if they could do the entire Noob Daytona 116519 case....

Reactions: sebatian and BOSSK

Explorer123

14/2/21
Managed to get a DJ41 VSF from a trusted dealer after taking off the plastic protection on the strap a piece fell off luckily I didn’t wear it and it happened.

Noticed they have used the wrong knurled pins to put it together maybe I just had the odd one with that fault but I think it’s something that should be looked into if buying a DJ with a jubilee bracelet.

here’s some pics:

Sebi91

22/12/20
Welcome to the club, I hate the BLNR/BLRO GMTs with Jubilees. Looks awesome on the Datejust though, I'd definitely go for it if you'll only get one. Only chose the Oyster for this one as I already have the ARF on Jubilee.

Once again, great review from YellowFin and amazing pics ! Quick question: do you have a view on the jubilee bracelet of VSF ? I agree with you, if you go for only one DJ, it has to be jubilee but I was wondering whether the oyster would maybe be a safer option in terms of built quality.. happy to have your views on that !

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
Once again, great review from YellowFin and amazing pics ! Quick question: do you have a view on the jubilee bracelet of VSF ? I agree with you, if you go for only one DJ, it has to be jubilee but I was wondering whether the oyster would maybe be a safer option in terms of built quality.. happy to have your views on that !

I ordered a spare VSF Jubilee from Sead. Should arrive in the next two weeks, I'll post an update once it's here.

Also took a few shots of my Rhodium VSF dial to see if there's any dents around the markers. Can't see a thing, it's probably a QC issue depending on the guy setting on the markers in the factory.

ZMGMNK.jpg

ZMG4t8.jpg

ZMGweR.jpg

ZMGd0L.jpg

Last edited:

Explorer123

14/2/21
Tried to catch it in the right light this is the best that I can show you what I mean it’s worse in person.

Iwantone2

Horology Curious
8/9/17
London uk
Anyone got where the markers are it looks like they’ve been placed too hard on and in certain light can see like a indentation around them on the dial. Just have to catch in the right light and angle. I can’t catch them with camera