• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please, suggestions for a Day-Date

assocharter

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/12/20
Dubai - Miami - Spain
Hello Everybody
Congratulations for the forum...very interesting.

I kindly ask for some suggestions from the experts.

I already bought from a TD (Intime), I'm waiting for a Daytona Noob and Ryan has already sent me after the QC approval.
I also visited the international forum and now I'd like to take a Day-Date.
I'd like to take advantage of the experience of members about the following:
1) I would opt for a SS model and would like to take a 904; if not available, what do you think about 316?
2) there are several movements, 3255, 3235, 2836, asian, asian-Eta-swiss, asian clone, which one do you recommend for the DayDate?
3) do you recommend the first series with a 36 case or DayDate2 with a 40 case?
4) which factory should I focus on, Noob, BPF, GMF or other?

Thanks a lot for your cooperation. Your suggestions will be very appreciated.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I'm waiting on a few GMF DD40's in transit. I'll advise once I have them, should be later in the week.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
Hello Everybody
Congratulations for the forum...very interesting.

I kindly ask for some suggestions from the experts.

I already bought from a TD (Intime), I'm waiting for a Daytona Noob and Ryan has already sent me after the QC approval.
I also visited the international forum and now I'd like to take a Day-Date.
I'd like to take advantage of the experience of members about the following:
1) I would opt for a SS model and would like to take a 904; if not available, what do you think about 316?
2) there are several movements, 3255, 3235, 2836, asian, asian-Eta-swiss, asian clone, which one do you recommend for the DayDate?
3) do you recommend the first series with a 36 case or DayDate2 with a 40 case?
4) which factory should I focus on, Noob, BPF, GMF or other?

Thanks a lot for your cooperation. Your suggestions will be very appreciated.

Hello and :welcome:

NFleischer

I'm Pretty Popular
9/12/08
In general I perfer the 2836 vs. clone movements. That said, my my BP DD 40 with 'Swiss' movement' has been a lot of trouble. Most people know to stay away from
most reps with so called Swiss movements. Really not even around any more,so moot point.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BP and GMF are partner factories so they are going to be more or less identical except that BP is 316L and GMF is 904L. All GMFs have updated daywheels, more like gen. Some BPs also have them but I've seen some new ones with the older style, which I actually like.

All GMFs have 2836s. Many BPs do also, but you can get some BPs with 2813s - really cheap movement and corresponding savings. I would stick with the 2836. There is no need to pay extra for a Chinese "Swiss" movement, though sometimes it may be your only option. I have had excellent luck with BP Asian clone ETA movements.

Noob movements are also 2836 with a fake deco plate engraved 3255.

All gen Day-dates are precious metal so the reps are going to feel a lot lighter in weight. GMF and BP 40mm bracelets have only 25 links not counting SEL and are snug on a 7 1/4" wrist. I have had to get extra links or a different bracelet on mine. I have 3 BPs, and like them fine. All are SS, though I have some BP "gold" reps and they are OK, no plating issues after 18 months.

Lots more pics and info in the thread below

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/271389-the-dd-40-is-here/page112

Reactions: SuperBatman

assocharter

29/12/20
Dubai - Miami - Spain
BP and GMF are partner factories so they are going to be more or less identical except that BP is 316L and GMF is 904L. All GMFs have updated daywheels, more like gen. Some BPs also have them but I've seen some new ones with the older style, which I actually like.

All GMFs have 2836s. Many BPs do also, but you can get some BPs with 2813s - really cheap movement and corresponding savings. I would stick with the 2836. There is no need to pay extra for a Chinese "Swiss" movement, though sometimes it may be your only option. I have had excellent luck with BP Asian clone ETA movements.

Noob movements are also 2836 with a fake deco plate engraved 3255.

All gen Day-dates are precious metal so the reps are going to feel a lot lighter in weight. GMF and BP 40mm bracelets have only 25 links not counting SEL and are snug on a 7 1/4" wrist. I have had to get extra links or a different bracelet on mine. I have 3 BPs, and like them fine. All are SS, though I have some BP "gold" reps and they are OK, no plating issues after 18 months.

Lots more pics and info in the thread below

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/271389-the-dd-40-is-here/page112

Great!
Very appreciated !!

Reactions: KJ2020

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Hey bro, do you have an update of this GMF? Really looking forward to a review!

I wasn't impressed with these, they looked like £££££ but felt like ££, very cheap and lightweight even for SS. On the wrist they look perfect, but I realise after wearing sports Rolex for 20yrs, I wasn't comfortable wearing them, too bling for me. The quality of the plating was good, but the cheap sharp edge bracelet didn't suit me. I sold them all with stickers on.

RolexDayt

22/1/15
I wasn't impressed with these, they looked like £££££ but felt like ££, very cheap and lightweight even for SS. On the wrist they look perfect, but I realise after wearing sports Rolex for 20yrs, I wasn't comfortable wearing them, too bling for me. The quality of the plating was good, but the cheap sharp edge bracelet didn't suit me. I sold them all with stickers on.

Yeah I can follow you on that. Thanks for sharing those pics, you received some nice ones with good alignments. Crazy action to order 3 DDs then if you are sports Rolex wearer from nature. Did you ever had a BP in your hand? Curious whether it is the same quality as a BP.

By the way, all DDs have issues with the light white since the gen is real (white)gold.